Andrea Pirlo (61 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
In which scenario would you keep Pirlo despite not winning the league and of course not winning CL?
If he secures top 4 without breaking a sweat and reaches the semi-finals of CL, I'd give him another full season and let him be involved more in the summer transfer window.

Unless, Allegri makes himself available for Juve. Then I'd fire Pirlo anyways.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
Man if Max would return, he would make it so simple. He would probably go with something like 433 with Chiesa and Cuadrado in their natural side bombing down the right, Morata upfront, McDonalds making runs into the box, long balls from defence to surprise the opposition...

But I can't see this happening and we're stuck with this coach and his amateur set-up that even provincial clubs exploit so easily.

Remember that nonsense that all our midfileders are most suited for 2-man midfiled? :lol:

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
If no other top coach becomes available and we comfortably make the top 4 and win the Coppa Italia.
But if Pirlo stays, next season will be a repeat of this messy one.
I agree. For me it’s about a lot of factors. First and foremost no proven coach is available (Allegri or Zidane or even Deachamps for me). Secondly he needs to show improvement over the rest of the season. As for results if we finish around 80pts in the league managing at least a comfortable third place finish, and we win the coppa, and surpass Porto in the Champions League. That’s the bare minimum.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
In which scenario would you keep Pirlo despite not winning the league and of course not winning CL?
If we go on a winning streak, players improve and we play significantly better football. Even with inconsistencies, we will still probably reach top 4.
If we don't show progress in our football, there's no point keeping him.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
We can bash him all we want, but really having 6 starters not available and being forced to play the same guys game by game really doesn't help. He is missing some of our core players for few weeks now, I wonder how would Allegri cope with this kind of situation.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
We can bash him all we want, but really having 6 starters not available and being forced to play the same guys game by game really doesn't help. He is missing some of our core players for few weeks now, I wonder how would Allegri cope with this kind of situation.
Who are the 6 starters?

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
I wouldn't keep him. Everyone puts a lot of blame on the players but they're much better than this, a proper coach would squeeze much more here.

This dumb hybrid system in which the midfielders are constantly lost needs organization, not 'freedom'. Freedom can be given to Modric - Casemiro - Kroos.

Keep on cleaning up the squad of overpaid underperformers, get rid of Sarri and get a proper coach. Fucking Pioli is killing this league with bunch of kids.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Morata, Bonucci, Arthur, Cuadrado, Dybala, Danilo unavailable cuz of yellow.
The excuses that are made for Pirlo are pretty appalling. All this for not being able to beat a sub standard team like Verona.
The only one player that is truly missed is Arthur. And to an extent Morata but he's been playing poorly off late as well.
The rest of our absentees are manageable given our squad depth and there isn't really a significant drop off in quality between our starters and depth options. Infact there are only few players in the squad that I consider as certified starters.

Half of those 'starters' are also woefully out of form. If you think Pirlo needs those 'starters' to win games against teams like Verona, then the joke's on you (And Pirlo).

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
The excuses that are made for Pirlo are pretty appalling. All this for not being able to beat a sub standard team like Verona.
The only one player that is truly missed is Arthur. And to an extent Morata but he's been playing poorly off late as well.
The rest of our absentees are manageable given our squad depth and there isn't really a significant drop off in quality between our starters and depth options. Infact there are only few players in the squad that I consider as certified starters.

Half of those 'starters' are also woefully out of form. If you think Pirlo needs those 'starters' to win games against teams like Verona, then the joke's on you (And Pirlo).
Normally i would be on ur side, but since i didnt watch the match live im probably not so mad at Pirlo as im usually.
but looking at our situation realistacally - we have:
- not played with our second best player (Dybala) for almost whole season,
- Morata, our best striker option is fatigued for at least a month now,
- Bonucci, our starting CB is missed for few weeks,
- Cuads, who is probably our third most in form player this year is missed for weeks,

Its really bad situation to any manager and Hellas are not a shit team:
draw vs in form Milan
draw vs Juve
win vs Atalanta
win vs Lazio
win vs Napoli
They were hard to play for every top team.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Allegri used to deal with decimated squads year after year. Just because we've hired a rookie, that doesn't mean we have to lower our standards. This again proves Pirlo is out of his depth when he needs a couple of 'starters' to bail him out.

Do you realize all these games are 'must win' games given the poor start we've made in the league? When you're coach of Juventus, there's little margin for error and whoever comes in be it a rookie club legend or top rated coach should be held to the same standard.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
That's right.

And I'll do it for free.

Hear me AA?

FOR FREE.
Can i be ur assistan coach? Ill get you volcom stuff

- - - Updated - - -

Normally i would be on ur side, but since i didnt watch the match live im probably not so mad at Pirlo as im usually.
but looking at our situation realistacally - we have:
- not played with our second best player (Dybala) for almost whole season,
- Morata, our best striker option is fatigued for at least a month now,
- Bonucci, our starting CB is missed for few weeks,
- Cuads, who is probably our third most in form player this year is missed for weeks,

Its really bad situation to any manager and Hellas are not a shit team:
draw vs in form Milan
draw vs Juve
win vs Atalanta
win vs Lazio
win vs Napoli
They were hard to play for every top team.
Even when he was available Pirlo wasnt starting him.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
drawing hellas, even with half of the starting lineup sidelined, isn't the scudetto deciding result. if you just examine this result in a bubble, i'm sure it could have happened with any coach. hellas is a solid team indeed. i'm not mad at pirlo for the verona match. missing half of the starting lineup is a legit excuse for any coach. look at liverpool, they've been struggling without their cb's, and no other top team is expected to play the same with inferior players. if you just look at the verona result only, it sucks, but it's hardly a failure we never witnessed before.

the tendency of not being able to defend a scoreline (benevento, lazio, or verona for that matter), the lack of character (rekt by whoscored, lol), the lack of defensive stability, the dependency on arthur and cr, very few clean sheets, the low number of chances created and consequently the lowest number of goals scored by juve in years are the reasons we are losing the scudetto.

we can put some of the blame on the squad. the squad is on the club (beppe, tici, and of course agnelli for this wage bill), and while i believe this squad is hardly at 2017 level, we should do much better overall. we don't have any in form player besides chiesa during the most important part of the season. even ronaldo is a shadow of himself, and even though he keeps scoring, he looks slower and sloppier than usual. and the form of the players is ultimately on the coach.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 60)