Andrea Pirlo (46 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.
Aug 2, 2005
What im most hopeful about when it comes to Pirlo is that he was a football genius. When you compare him to this influx of new coaches/former players, like OGS, Lampard, Gatuso ect, football-wise Pirlo was by far more superior. I know it doesnt work that way, but it is something i strongly believe in. He was a midfielder, and not a headless-chicken running on the byline sort of midfielder, but played what is probably the most difficult and demanding position in football where mainly the most intelligent players usually play and he was intelligent and of course you would expect a person like that to read and understand the game different than others. Thats why i trust Pirlo. We will see, time will tell.
He was tactically intelligent, and those are going to be tactically good coaches.. but that is not what only makes a great coach..

he shown great deal of improvement which is very important and promising part so far

Sent from my SM-N976Q using Tapatalk

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Seems he's dropped his thesis for good and switched to classic Italian tactics. Good to see.

Our foundation should always start from the back.
Tonight victory was straight from Allegri's playbook. Good to see he opted for more pragmatic approach.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
You can't outplay and outrun every opponent, but you can play smart and outscore them, while conserving energy. Allegri was best at this and I'm glad Pirlo is applying it with game to play every 3 days.

AFL_ITALIA

MAGISTERIAL
Jun 17, 2011
Excellent work these past few games, he's clearly learning and making adjustments as needed. Seems we finally have a solid base now. If we continue to build off of this, I'm very hopeful for the future. Next season it going to be great.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
it finally looks like that his naive total football experience is over. good reaction after the inda match: 6 wins, 5 clean sheets, team looks more compact, regardless of the actual lineup.

Boksic

May 11, 2005
Great win but very risky tactics to sit so deep for 90 mins. With the amount of corners we gave away in particular. If Dzeko started it could have been different.

But nice to see him be flexible in our approach and getting a cleansheet.

I hope De Ligt benched for Bonucci was due to fitness issues and one eye on Inter.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
You can't outplay and outrun every opponent, but you can play smart and outscore them, while conserving energy. Allegri was best at this and I'm glad Pirlo is applying it with game to play every 3 days.
So much this . We don't need to run out lungs out every game .
Tired players make brainfarts more often than rested players .
The match against crapoli is going to show pirlo's true maturity.

Xperd

'Toli Throater
Jun 1, 2012
We finally seem to have found a settled and balanced attacking trio (Chiesa-Morata-Ronaldo)

Hope Pirlo doesn't ruin it by forcefully trying to fit Dybala in the lineup because the amount of work and the hard yards put in by Morata and Chiesa is incomparable and both take a lot of pressure off our midfielders.

Hoping to see De Ligt-Chiellini at some point provided the latter is fit and healthy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 41)