Andrea Pirlo (31 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
You can just invert the formation so Alex Sandro is playing the Danilo role. Which is actually what I think Pirlo envisions.

Alex Sandro - Bonucci - De Ligt

Then the wing back that makes it a back 4 is actually the RWB, not the LWB that we saw against Samp.

Alex Sandro - Bonucci - De Ligt - Cuadrado

Then you can play Bernardeschi/Costa as a LM that doesn't have to move to LB.
Where’s Chiellini, because there’s a 0% chance he gets benched when fit.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
but why would you put one of the best CBs in the world at RB?
Defensively it’s not really RB, it’s more of a RCB, as Cuadrado covers the flank. The defensive concept is the same as when we had BBC in their primes. De Ligt fills the Barzagli role, except he has more freedom in the attacking phase.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Defensively it’s not really RB, it’s more of a RCB, as Cuadrado covers the flank. The defensive concept is the same as when we had BBC in their primes. De Ligt fills the Barzagli role, except he has more freedom in the attacking phase.
So it's Chiellini-Bonucci-MDL-Cuadrado?

Jun 16, 2020
Demiral actually impressed me more on the ball than De Ligt did. Had lesser games but I remember the match vs (if I’m not mistaken) Leverkussen where he looked so comfortably dribbling past attackers.

De Ligt gets praised a lot but even at Ajax Blind and De Jong were responsible for the build-up.

We’re in a great position. Lets just try them out and see. I keep Sandro in mind as LCB, time will tell who’s more capable to play in the center or on the right.

Last edited:

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
against Sampdoria it was a 5-4-1 defensively
“We have four central midfielders who in my view play better in a two-man midfield. We are therefore trying to use that system, defending with four defenders, then in attack we’re more of a three plus two.”

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Demiral actually impressed me more on the ball than De Ligt did. Had lesser games but I remember the match vs (if I’m not mistaken) Leverkussen where he looked so comfortably dribbling past attackers.

De Ligt gets praised a lot but even at Ajax Blind and De Jong who were responsible for the build-up.

We’re in a great position. Lets just try them out and see. I keep Sandro in mind as LCB, time will tell who’s more capable to play in the center or on the right.
Demiral almost cost us a goal with his passing against samp, I don’t trust him nearly as much as de Ligt. But he’s still young so hopefully he keeps improving. Right now though he’s behind both Chiellini and de Ligt.

- - - Updated - - -

“We have four central midfielders who in my view play better in a two-man midfield. We are therefore trying to use that system, defending with four defenders, then in attack we’re more of a three plus two.”
fuck it, let’s worry about de Ligt when hes healthy. Who knows, Pirlo might adapt a different formation then. He doesn’t seem rigid at all so we might just be wasting time debating all this.

Last edited:

Dominic

Jan 30, 2004
against Sampdoria it was a 5-4-1 defensively
in defence I saw

Danilo Bonucci Chiellini Frabotta
Cuadrado Rabiot McKenny Ramsey
________Kulu Ronaldo

in possession it became

________Danilo Bonucci Chiellini
Cuadrado Rabiot McKenny Frabotta
_________________Ramsey
________Kulu Ronaldo

But often something inbetween

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
Demiral almost cost us a goal with his passing against samp,
i'd be easy on him, he must be lacking some playtime. danilo, bonucci and even chiellini had technical errors which is expected this early in the season anyway, not to mention demiral's lengthy layoff after the acl tear. he'll be more than fine once the initial rust fades.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
Demiral almost cost us a goal with his passing against samp, I don’t trust him nearly as much as de Ligt. But he’s still young so hopefully he keeps improving. Right now though he’s behind both Chiellini and de Ligt.

- - - Updated - - -

fuck it, let’s worry about de Ligt when hes healthy. Who knows, Pirlo might adapt a different formation then. He doesn’t seem rigid at all so we might just be wasting time debating all this.
Lets not make wild conclusions on a 20 minute performance on day 1 of the season

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 5, Guests: 20)