vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012
Who has the most dactical flexibility?
Lol I totally misunderstood your question. I thought you’re talking about 4 coaches mentioned in the tweet, which seemed odd. I get it now.
As for Tuzzers I certainly entrust @Bianconero81 to bring us the CL glory. If not the post match interviews are guaranteed to be fun. We can even sell subscription to those interviews to boost the revenues and make up for COVID depression.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
We're really just banking on his personality tbh. Hope it's enough :xfingers:

We could've gone for a more established manager but I guess we don't have the money to back them up with big signings

Not saying this is a disaster, but the absence of any doom and gloom here could be a bad omen. Normally when we have high expectations we end up disappointed and when we think it's the end of world it works out fine :D
I think its more of a relief that we can start a new chapter, regardless who the villain or hero could be lol

- - - Updated - - -

Lol I totally misunderstood your question. I thought you’re talking about 4 coaches mentioned in the tweet, which seemed odd. I get it now.
As for Tuzzers I certainly entrust @Bianconero81 to bring us the CL glory. If not the post match interviews are guaranteed to be fun. We can even sell subscription to those interviews to boost the revenues and make up for COVID depression.
lol you said the only one that is unemployed. Obviously that's Lion. :grin:

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Pirlo: 'I like 4-3-3 system'
By Football Italia staff

Juventus coach gave some clues a few months ago as to how he wants his teams to play and why he'd buy Isco. ‘I like 4-3-3 with everyone bombing forward.’
The 41-year-old has no management experience and had only just been appointed coach of the Under-23 squad, which plays in Serie C, but a week later was promoted to the main job in place of sacked Maurizio Sarri.
It’s not clear what kind of football he will try to implement at the Bianconeri, but the former midfielder did give a few hints during a livestream discussion with former teammate Fabio Cannavaro a few months ago.
“It depends on the players, but I do like 4-3-3 with everyone bombing forward. A lot of possession, I want to keep passing the ball around, even behind the bench if necessary!
“I like 4-3-3, but of course if you realise that the players can’t really work that way, you adapt and use them in a different system. If you get too fixated on a system and your players can’t do it, then you’re wasting time and not getting the best out of them.”
Some have also dug up comments that Pirlo made while working as a pundit for Sky Sport Italia in the 2018-19 season.
“The problem with Juve is the midfield. They signed Cristiano Ronaldo, but have to find the right way to give him service.”

Gian

COME HOME MOGGI
Apr 12, 2009
I only hope he doesn't become a cry-baby like Conte
Pirlo before a big match:
''I don’t give a toss about pressure. I spent afternoon sleeping and playing PlayStation. Then I went out and won the World Cup.''

Pirlo about pre games workouts:
''It’s nothing but masturbation for conditioning coaches.''

Seems like the exact opposite of Conte :D

Jul 13, 2010
''I don’t give a toss about pressure. I spent afternoon sleeping and playing PlayStation. Then I went out and won the World Cup.''

I mean, he is almost walking on the pitch, what do you expect :D

Alex-444

Sep 5, 2005

- - - Updated - - -

Pirlo: 'I like 4-3-3 system'
By Football Italia staff
EPA.png

Juventus coach gave some clues a few months ago as to how he wants his teams to play and why he'd buy Isco. ‘I like 4-3-3 with everyone bombing forward.’
The 41-year-old has no management experience and had only just been appointed coach of the Under-23 squad, which plays in Serie C, but a week later was promoted to the main job in place of sacked Maurizio Sarri.
It’s not clear what kind of football he will try to implement at the Bianconeri, but the former midfielder did give a few hints during a livestream discussion with former teammate Fabio Cannavaro a few months ago.
“It depends on the players, but I do like 4-3-3 with everyone bombing forward. A lot of possession, I want to keep passing the ball around, even behind the bench if necessary!
“I like 4-3-3, but of course if you realise that the players can’t really work that way, you adapt and use them in a different system. If you get too fixated on a system and your players can’t do it, then you’re wasting time and not getting the best out of them.”
Some have also dug up comments that Pirlo made while working as a pundit for Sky Sport Italia in the 2018-19 season.
“The problem with Juve is the midfield. They signed Cristiano Ronaldo, but have to find the right way to give him service.”

Juventinoo

Ertuğrul Oğlu Osman
Oct 20, 2004
It’s so funny to me when people say pirlo cant be compared to Zidane because Zidane had experience; as if Zidanes philosophies on football were actually shaped running the backfields with Castilla. Dude wasn’t even a licensed coach for a part of that spell. Shit is overrated. His assistants can help with the technicalities, all we need from Pirlo is for the players to buy into what he’s selling. Anyone doubting that they will is a dummy, no offense. Pirlo will get everyone’s respect from the minute he walks into the locker room. That’s already a step up from Sarri.
Nice talk in general ... but is this enough for success?

i think he can own the team minds , he can inspire a motivation ( am assuming) but can he own the opponent during the match ? Can he address our needs before we start ? ( all media for now) ....

The scenario am expecting is deploying his methods for the team ... and he has about maybe 5 matches to succeed , if he miss, we are done ! ...

and imagine if he really pull a Conte season ....

waiting for surprise... hope it is great one!

Al Birdie

May 19, 2016

Since we are quoting his book, i found this sentence the most amusing :)

Before taking PK against FR in WC206:
"I then lifted my eyes to the heavens and asked for help because if God exists, there’s no way he’s French."

So maybe Matuidi is out? Andrea Pirlo

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Rumour has it that he'll earn something between 1.8 - 2.2/m per year. Probably the lowest paid coach of any top 20 club.
Thats ok since he hasnt coached anyone so far. He needs to earn his stripes. I still dont know what to expect. He was such a genius player, especially in our 2011/12 season but he isnt known for grinta and hard work, which are fundamentals of our club. Im afraid to see our players approaching games more casually since he was that kind of player. I cant wait until the season starts.

Karim30

Allegri is back, life is back.
May 6, 2012
If you see it as us playing the long game with this, then I think it will pay off. That is the only rationale that I can come up with, and quite honestly, I am totally cool with takinga step back to move 3 steps forward.
I totally agree, but building a squad is no easy task and shouldn't be assigned to a zero experience coach. Why not re-hire Allegri or even Poch?
I am reserving my judgement for now because there is no sample size to predict what Pirlo can achieve, but if this experiment fails I think we will need some years to recover.

- - - Updated - - -

Unless he already had a deal in place with his desired coach then perhaps he should have stuck with Allegri for another season or so.

Besides, if we couldn't get a Guardiola, Zidane or Klopp calibre coach then there are no suitable Italian alternatives. Then you start looking at up and coming European coaches, and the extra difficulties that brings with integration into calcio. We've already seen Roma fail numerous times with this approach, and they have half the winning pressure of Juve. When you see the squad that would be available to the coach this season then Sarri was certainly a gamble but also a safer choice to go with than many of the other options.

I'm interested in who we seriously had in mind instead of Sarri. It surely couldn't be Guardiola or bust, that is such poor planning.

The Pirlo thing is not without risk. Financially it's lower risk, but on the sporting side there is always the potential to not win that 10th scudetto. Would they stick with him? Pirlo seems like a fashionable gamble, but maybe in a year's time the choice of quality coaches will be better, and the club also have that in mind.

It's a nice idea starting with a popular young coach for a season that is going to be the start of the next cycle, but Pirlo needs the same points buffer that Sarri earned to take a bit of early pressure off.
I actually have very low expectations from Pirlo. I only expect to see better performance on the pitch, some of the rejuvenation everybody is talking about, to pass the CL group stages and see what the draw brings us, and to reach the following year's CL. In short something similar to this season's Lampard.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)