Andrea Pirlo (42 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

MrMonkey

Jul 15, 2017
Only other formations that suit Ronaldo and Dybala are 4312, regular 442, and 352 (all with someone from midfield making runs into the box).

but you've to get the formation just right with Ron and Dybala.
Agree. Good coaches find a way to get the best out of their players in putting them in the position that most suits them. Managers/coaches in all sports usually have a style of play that is associated with them. Though great coaches make adjustments to their preferred style when the players they have at hand require it for max performance.

Hopefully Andrea can find a way to get this from his best duo in CR7 and #10.

Completely know the argument of inexperienced guy taking over the reins but these days it appears younger coaches can relate to players better. Plus the squad must take heed of the fact that Pirlo has a pedigree of being a champion as a player.

Roman

-'Tuz Fantasy Master-
Apr 19, 2003
The GOAT deserves full backing :touched:
:agree:
May you become the next Pep/Zidane /Conte for us.

If he himself accepted this tremendous risk, it means he is ready to do it.
We all have to support him and give him time to implement his ideas to the team.

Can't deny this, I'm excited to see what's his philosophy.

Welcome mister :heart:
No doubt! Forza Maestro!!
Okayyy, i think it was a little precipitated this decision but i can find some good things about it:

- Knows the club and our mentality
- Players will respect him
- He is fresh air
- He has always been an intelligent person, hope this is translated as an intelligent coach too
- He has a great personality

Hope he has a good football style in mind. Wish him the best of the lucks.
This.
He such a class,so intelligent and has great football knowledge.
I'm sure he will have no issues with the dressing room,will get the utmost respect and everyone will work hard for him.

My mind tells me this is a big ass gamble, likely a mistake.
My heart tells me it is a dream come true.

My heart and mind both agree that Pirlo was always the guy to look at the same thing an entire stadium was looking at but see something only he could.
:touched:

Welcome Andrea!
Forza Maestro!!
Forza Juve!!

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018
I keep seeing complete overhaul and massive rebuild comments everywhere. We as species tend to operate on extremes, esp the 100m Pjanices. Things are always exaggerated after a bad loss.

We need a top CM, top winger, and a defensively solid RB for XI. And a backup LB and a Milik. That's all. Team won't be "completed," quality will lack in one or two of those players due to $, but that's the extent of rebuild (rejuvenation with actual quality a better term) needed.

Midfield may go from too old to too young, but we aren't taking a year off and surrending the scudo to inte*.
Agree. We already have the backup lb though, in Luca Pellegrini, that's if cherubini doesn't plusvalenza his ass.
Our successful mercato is going to depend on how many of these leeches we manage to sell or offload.
Higuain
Costa
Khedira
Ramsey
Rugano
Burnurtdeski
De shitio
Danilo.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013
Managerial experience is important, especially for coaches who didn't play at the top level.
But what about the experience you get while playing under top top managers? Our 96-97 teams have produced a ton of coaches, and they all attribute playing under Lippi as a huge contributor to their success. Pirlo has played under Ancelotti, Trappatoni, Conte, Allegri and Lippi. I wouldn't have gone for Pirlo myself, it's a huge gamble, but he may not be as green as most people are making him out to be.

Gep

The Guv'nor
Jun 12, 2005
One thing is for certain. Us fans will back this guy 100%.
Agnelli said there was no bonding/unity with Sarri and the players and that’s what he was looking for.
I’m looking forward to this coming season. It’s not gonna easy but we’ve cleared the Naples stench and that’s a good start.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I keep seeing complete overhaul and massive rebuild comments everywhere. We as species tend to operate on extremes, esp the 100m Pjanices. Things are always exaggerated after a bad loss.

We need a top CM, top winger, and a defensively solid RB for XI. And a backup LB and a Milik. That's all. Team won't be "completed," quality will lack in one or two of those players due to $, but that's the extent of rebuild (rejuvenation with actual quality a better term) needed.

Midfield may go from too old to too young, but we aren't taking a year off and surrending the scudo to inte*.
This isn't about 1 bad loss. This is about an aging, slow club that consistently gets outpaced.

And you mention 5 positions of need. Would you rather fill those spots with up and coming players who have the ability to play at a faster pace, or more of the same?

- - - Updated - - -

Agree. We already have the backup lb though, in Luca Pellegrini, that's if cherubini doesn't plusvalenza his ass.
Our successful mercato is going to depend on how many of these leeches we manage to sell or offload.
Higuain
Costa
Khedira
Ramsey
Rugano
Burnurtdeski
De shitio
Danilo.
And who exactly is going to take on those contracts? In this financial uncertainty?

Last edited:

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
This isn't about 1 bad loss. This is about an aging, slow club that consistently gets outpaced.

And you mention 5 positions of need. Would you rather fill those spots with up and coming players who have the ability to play at a faster pace, or more of the same?
I mentioned three starting positions. If you agree, that's not a mass rebuild regardless of what type of players you sign.

And like I said, rejuvenation and midfield next year might go from too old to too young.

campionesidd

Mar 16, 2013

Yep. In both the seasons where we reached the Cl final, our intensity in big games was unmatched. In 2014-15 we had workhorses like Lichtsteiner, Vidal, Marchisio, Tevez.
In 2016-17, we had Mandzu, Cuadrado, Sandro who worked their socks off.
Top quality players are important, but they have to be fit, motivated and give 100% every time they step on the pitch.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I mentioned three starting positions. If you agree, that's not a mass rebuild regardless of what type of players you sign.

And like I said, rejuvenation and midfield next year might go from too old to too young.

Add Arthur and Kulusevski to that and you would have 5. Not to mention Demiral securing a place in the starting XI.

kappa96

Jun 20, 2018

- - - Updated - - -

And who exactly is going to take on those contracts? In this financial uncertainty?
That's what I said that it depends on that .
We can't keep stacking up player contracts without disposing of the deadwood.
If we can't offload higuain then a better cf isn't coming in.
If we can't offload khedira we have to make do with just Arthur
If we can't offload Costa we are going to see cuads and danilo as a rb.
And so on.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
That's what I said that it depends on that .
We can't keep stacking up player contracts without disposing of the deadwood.
If we can't offload higuain then a better cf isn't coming in.
If we can't offload khedira we have to make do with just Arthur
If we can't offload Costa we are going to see cuads and danilo as a rb.
And so on.

Sent from my Mi 9T Pro using Tapatalk

Expect to see several write offs, or selling those players for pennies on the dollar. Which I couldn't care less about if it means bringing in young players with potential.

- - - Updated - - -

I personally think that experience is overrated.

I'll take athleticism over experience every day of the week. And it's not as if there won't still be several veterans on the team.

pavluska

Apr 25, 2013
Add Arthur and Kulusevski to that and you would have 5. Not to mention Demiral securing a place in the starting XI.
Kulu is only 20. I think with him it's what it seemed in Jan: he'll be Berna replacement. You can't fit Kulu, new CM, new winger in one XI anyway.

I just don't think we're "sacrificing" a season for the sake of rebuild, that doesn't make sense from Juve's perspective and isn't necessary. Number of new players isn't that diff compared to other seasons, just that focus is on younger ones.

Major diff will be in the number of past expiry date players who'll leave.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 29)