vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Official: Pirlo confirms retirement | Football Italia

Andrea Pirlo has officially confirmed his retirement, having played his final match for New York City FC last night.

The 38-year-old has played for Inter, Milan and Juventus among others, and won the World Cup with Italy in 2006.

“Last match in MLS,” Pirlo wrote on his Twitter profile.

“As my time in NYCFC comes to an end, I would like to say a few words. I want to thank everybody for the support they have shown me in this incredible city.

“Thank you to the amazing supporters, thank you to the coaching staff and thank you to everyone that works behind the scenes, thank you to my teammates.

“Not only my adventure in NY comes to an end, but my journey as a football player as well.

“That is why I would like to take the opportunity to thank my family and my children for the support and love that they always give me, every team that I had the honour to play for, every teammate I have been pleased to play alongside, all the people that made my career such incredible [sic].

“And last but not least, all the fans around the world that always showed me support. You will always be on my side and in my heart.”

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Was long time coming but a sad day when there's is one less timeless maestro in the game.

Will be interesting to see if he works in football, on sidelines or behind the scenes. If latter we should hire if 7t comes to that over Milan lol.

Skickat från min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Yeah, its startling at times, for me I consider Del Piero old because I grown up with him from childhood til now, and he seems ancient granpa in short life time of footballers. But I have friends who are his age or slightly older then him who I never think of as old lol.

Vialli_92

Mar 7, 2013
What a player! I've been very lucky to see some special players play the game and he is one of the best i've ever seen play.

He played a huge role in our 2012 Scudetto and our revival always going to have fond memories of him as a player

spurdo

Jun 4, 2016
Wonder what he'll do now that his playing career is over. He's never seemed like a manager-type persona to me but he has always oozed confidence, experience and one of the highest football iq:s known to man.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 124)