Andrea Pirlo (76 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
I'm little bit disappointed with his comments toward Milan. If we disregard bias here, Milan were the club that gave him everything; money and affirmation, becoming the great footballer we've all known since. Leaving his teammates, the likes of Kaka and Seedorf, and feeling more enthused to be playing with Emerson is shameful. I hope he distorted story a little as he probably still feels bitter the way how Milan treated him in the end.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I'm little bit disappointed with his comments toward Milan. If we disregard bias here, Milan were the club that gave him everything; money and affirmation, becoming the great footballer we've all known since. Leaving his teammates, the likes of Kaka and Seedorf, and feeling more enthused to be playing with Emerson is shameful. I hope he distorted story a little as he probably still feels bitter the way how Milan treated him in the end.
Yea, I tend to agree, but I can't help but feel that some of his words seem to stem from feelings of bitterness witth how things ended. It seems quite clear that Galliani was very fond of him. I'd expect someone of Pirlo's legendary stature to show a little more loyalty when recounting Milan, but you never know, the Madrid angle may have been stirred up with his feelings for Madrid only being built up because of how he felt about Milan failing to show faith in him. For all you know, at the time, he probably was weighing the decision to leave Milan for Madrid. It certainly would be harder to leave a big club where you're considered an icon, than how Pirlo is making it out to be. Madrid would've matched whatever Milan would eventually pay him, but he still chose to stay, coz there had to be more feelings for them and the environment, at the time.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
I'm not surprised by his comments. I think this is a pretty standard mentality for footballers. Especially the part about Serie B. I cannot begrudge players who left us when we went to Serie B because it is absolutely true that they'd be paying for the mistakes of others. What I do know is that people like Buffon, Del Piero and the rest that stayed are absolute legends as footballers and men.

As far as Pirlo goes, I always thought of him as ruthless and unattached. He always struck me as aloof, sort of detached from the group mentality both with the way he played and the way he conducted himself. I don't think he has any time for nonsense, rebuilding, young players and all that other stuff that comes with teams that aren't champions. He needs to play for a champion. Inside himself he can't find a way to adjust to any other type of team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 44)