Andrea Pirlo (126 Viewers)

vote

• Legend

• History

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
It was a very, very important signing. We wouldn't have won the league in 2011/12 without him. As for 2012/13, we weren't as Pirlo dependent then as the season before, but still dependent on him to a high degree. Also, I think he has brought a lot of winning mentality back to the club, so I would have to agree with Trequartista, I don't think we would have won either titles if it wasn't for this signing. Same goes for Vidal. Those two signings were two masterstrokes of a truly Great Man.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
It's not just his talent that contributed to our cause. Pirlo just simply has the experience, and that experience brought the team a lot of composure in crucial moments of the season. That was what made the difference IMO.

Zacheryah

Aug 29, 2010
I just wonder if we had of never signed Pirlo would we have won the league in 11/12 and 12/13?
Absolutely not. And its Pirlo and Barzagli btw.

We had a team without leaders, that needed guidance.

When Barzagli was added to Bonucci-Chiellini, suddenly our blundering failure became a goddamn fortress thats the best defence in europe. Much is down to barzagli.

The midfield, simular situation. Vidal and Marchisio werent leaders, but Pirlo was. Sure, his defensive coverage and building the play was good for us. But the effect of him leading the midfield was truely what made our team so very good.

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
It was a very, very important signing. We wouldn't have won the league in 2011/12 without him. As for 2012/13, we weren't as Pirlo dependent then as the season before, but still dependent on him to a high degree. Also, I think he has brought a lot of winning mentality back to the club, so I would have to agree with Trequartista, I don't think we would have won either titles if it wasn't for this signing. Same goes for Vidal. Those two signings were two masterstrokes of a truly Great Man.
:D

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

When Barzagli was added to Bonucci-Chiellini, suddenly our blundering failure became a goddamn fortress thats the best defence in europe. Much is down to barzagli.

The midfield, simular situation. Vidal and Marchisio werent leaders, but Pirlo was. Sure, his defensive coverage and building the play was good for us. But the effect of him leading the midfield was truely what made our team so very good.
Pretty much this. Barza and Pirlo were our key players in his first year. In the second one we were less Pirlo dependent, but still he was very important part of our team. I don't think that we depend on him anymore, but nonetheless respect to the great maestro for all that he did here.

Jul 10, 2006

One of the greatest posts of all time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 7, Guests: 111)