Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (18 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Did anyone read the official statement on the official website? https://www.juventus.com/en/news/ar...-and-consolidated-financial-statements-as-of-

It just looks like they made the books better than they appear. Deloitte must have approved the accounting treatment of the postponed salaries during COVID when they performed their audits in those years. But since they got so much backlash about this matter, they "revised" the treatment (since it's open to interpretation depending on who looks at it), adjusted for it, and to make sure the club is protected, fired the entire Board of Directors.

Not sure what to make of it.
It’s simple really. Agnelli and his cronies committed fraud by falsely reporting financials of a publicly traded firm.

To limit liability to Jj the the firm, Elkann told Agnelli to fvck off so that they don’t get paid out severance and legally they have no recourse bc they stepped down.

If indictments are handed out then it will hopefully be individuals, not existing folks at the club that will be charged. This limit exposure and liability experienced by Jj.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Imagine trying to pull all the strings you possibly can on the income statement, trying to sign freebie players on high salaries the fans dislike and bring back a coach you initially fired while giving him a raise, only to eventually have to resign because of accounting investigations, while the only person that remains is the coach you fired who's also unpopular.

Once again... only at JJ

Nuke the club from orbit and start over.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
The accounts, the super league thing it was just all too much. They mismanaged a massive asset and it's right they make way. JE just needs to very carefully select the right people to take the club forward.

Cerval

Feb 20, 2016
Imagine trying to pull all the strings you possibly can on the income statement, trying to sign freebie players on high salaries the fans dislike and bring back a coach you initially fired while giving him a raise, only to eventually have to resign because of accounting investigations, while the only person that remains is the coach you fired who's also unpopular.

Once again... only at JJ

Nuke the club from orbit and start over.
Meanwhile the VP

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
As always, the fans have to suffer because of the actions of a few crooked members at the club

I think the Agnelli family should consider selling the club entirely. This witch-hunt will never end as long as they're in charge.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
As always, the fans have to suffer because of the actions of a few crooked members at the club

I think the Agnelli family should consider selling the club entirely. This witch-hunt will never end as long as they're in charge.
Yes some big changes are needed.

A massive rebrand. Something closer to the Juve of the 80s and 90s.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
Btw I’ll state it again - I hope I’m wrong about my hypothesis. I am glad these guys are gone but the circumstances do not tell me that this was natural.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
We were the only ones punished from all the shady parties. But it was shady shit nevertheless.
quick reminder that the sports proceedings were done in a hurry (like in a few weeks), moratti personally picked the prosecutor, and everyone but moggi was acquitted during the civil trials. now here comes the fun part: moggi was the only one actually sentenced by the civil court, for participating in a criminal organization. i repeat, he was the only person within a criminal organization. one-man mafia, yes, you're reading it right. mind-blowing indeed

also, there was zero proof of any match result being altered or influenced. press still called it a match fixing scandal lol

the only overly simplistic conclusion you should draw from those proceedings is that italy is a corrupt country

Valerio.

Jul 5, 2014
The accounts, the super league thing it was just all too much. They mismanaged a massive asset and it's right they make way. JE just needs to very carefully select the right people to take the club forward.
more like the 600m loss in 3 years?
Agnelli was a goner in 2023 but I didn't expect for it happens now.
I thought once Serie A was over he would be moved to Ferrari or something.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 15)