Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (20 Viewers)

CarloP

Jan 24, 2010
Yep, this has been a huge problem for years now. Amount of money spent vs actual performance. It makes me sick every time I see the numbers. If management is content with losing against the top clubs in Italy, why even bother signing players to huge contracts. You can get the same results with Sampdoria salaries.

RoiLezard

LizardKing in black&white
Apr 7, 2018
If our management’s top ambition is only to win a weak Italian league 9 times in a row then it’s time for a major overhaul and a fresh start. If my memory serves me right AA came with the promise to bring us back to domestic domination but also to gradually turn the team into a contender for the CL. He exceeded all the expectations for the first goal and we were close to achieve the second on 2 occasions.

It has been a couple of years now that we’re failing miserably on all fronts with the situation getting worse by the day and the future looking darker, at the moment. A club like Juve shouldn’t be afraid of change when all the signs are pointing to it being our only realistic option. Because investing more in a system that‘s not working is just dumb.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
10 years ago it was vice versa

it still looks terrible obviously. most of our players are overpaid and that is one of our main problems especially if we drop out of the cl places. most of them couldn't get similar wages anywhere else, that's essential jj unfortunately. i thought that firing tici and not bending over for dybala's requests started a new era but paredes' 7m, pogba's 8m or even bremer's salary aren't anything short of shocking

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
10 years ago it was vice versa

it still looks terrible obviously. most of our players are overpaid and that is one of our main problems especially if we drop out of the cl places. most of them couldn't get similar wages anywhere else, that's essential jj unfortunately. i thought that firing tici and not bending over for dybala's requests started a new era but paredes' 7m, pogba's 8m or even bremer's salary aren't anything short of shocking
Exactly. Nothing has changed.
3 of our 4 highest players were signed by the new guys. In a time when we have to cut back the costs. That's just insanity. Even more so when you take into account how useful someone like Pogba (or even Paredes) is going to be.

Hell, even guys like Gatti & Fagioli are making a million a year? What the hell is that based on exactly?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
3 of our 4 highest players were signed by the new guys. In a time when we have to cut back the costs. That's just insanity. Even more so when you take into account how useful someone like Pogba (or even Paredes) is going to be.

Hell, even guys like Gatti & Fagioli are making a million a year? What the hell is that based on exactly?
Milan aren't without flaws though. 3.5M for both Origi and Dest. Batshit crazy.

Our biggest earners probably earn money for us too (aside from their performances) so I don't even think our biggest issue is with them. As you point out, pretty much everyone earns at least 1M and that's just ridiculous.

Kaio Jorge is 20, has pretty much one full season at Santos and a handful of games at Juventus, and could comfortably retire.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015

a more wealthy club will always offer higher salaries and have higher wage bills since it's usually the better players that demand higher salaries. i just don't think that our squad is that special. players like theo, maignan, bennacer, tonali, calabria, leao or even tomori would walk into our starting 11 easily, no questions asked, and they were available on the market in the last few years (save for calabria, he's a homegrown milan player iirc), so we just picked worse players instead and offered them more money. they are doing a good job with their recruitment, we aren't really, and it's so obvious that even fans can easily predict some failures.

also, they are on the rise, juve is in free fall. milan built a young core and trusted those guys as they had no other choice, so kudos for them. we tried multiple coaches, changed half of the squad, nothing seems to work, and overpaying players is part of the problem. milan players are motivated, juve players think that they already have everything. it's just typical to sign a player, see some nice performances then inevitably witness their level drop after a few weeks. group psychology experts should chime in to explain

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Those salaries are a reflection of us winning 9 consecutive scudetti and trying to challenge for the CL compared to Milan being shit for 10 years.

If Milan continue to win the scudetto and become a CL challenger then their players either sign improved deals for more money, which has a knock-on effect for the other existing and future players in the squad, or they will get sold to richer teams.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
De sciglio's fat new contract is a reflection of incompetence from this management
The re-signing, yes, but the salary is a lot lower than what it was and reasonable in relation to other members of the squad. A few others need to cut theirs or be sold, when you consider how much Rugani and others are on. I'd imagine even with CL football come the summer there will be further cuts and reductions to this figure.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
The re-signing, yes, but the salary is a lot lower than what it was and reasonable in relation to other members of the squad. A few others need to cut theirs or be sold, when you consider how much Rugani and others are on. I'd imagine even with CL football come the summer there will be further cuts and reductions to this figure.
A lot lower but brings no value to this squad especially as he's surprise surprise injured again

PedroFlu

Sep 20, 2011
Yep, also the decision of keeping Allegri is not up to him. I'm sure his position will have influence over Arrivabene's call, but ultimately, it's not on Agnelli, since the financial impact it will have.

It all points out to dysfunctionality: (i) President's decision making can't be trusted; (ii) A guy from out of the company (Arrivabene) has the final word when it comes to money, acting not exactly in the interests of the company itself (but of the owner).

You actually can't trust the President's decision making when it comes to money, and you can't trust the babysitter's decision making when it comes to football.

The biggest mistake is: you can't really separate these aspects. Every football decision has to be made taking into account both the tecnhical side of it and the financial side of it. That's why you need a guy like Marotta, who has an overall view of both stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)