Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (50 Viewers)

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
What are you talking about?

Juventus are just one small part of a big global conglomerate that is owned by arguably Italy's most influential industrial family. You're talking as if this is some sort of amateur family who just happen to own Juventus and don't know their way around business.

Wtf.
I'm well aware of who owns the club. They never protected us in 2006 and they aren't doing it now. For years we have been fucked over in the league and in the media. The only one who ever seems passionate about Juve was that lunatic Lapo.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
I'm well aware of who owns the club. They never protected us in 2006 and they aren't doing it now. For years we have been fucked over in the league and in the media. The only one who ever seems passionate about Juve was that lunatic Lapo.
They will protect, or not protect, us like they do with any other business asset.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
...Agnelli is fully aware of what he's doing and he's being blatant and arrogant about it.
that's why no one is crying about his resignation

again, we need new competent managers, not new owners. you're confusing the two. exor is a professional company that just invested 700m to cover losses and are ready to more as confirmed by elkann.

i don't mind you to join turk et al with your vague theories about exor being a bad owner, but that's factually wrong

- - - Updated - - -

Agreed. It's like once the last adult in the room (Marotta) was shown the door by the spoiled son of a billionaire who thought he knew it all. It all went downhill.
how dare you, you're officially #teambeppe now

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
They have invested more than half a billion into the club since 2010. I think we are good to remain in their hands but with more competent mgt. Since Marotta was exiled, Agnelli kept making one bad decision after another. His dismisal was expected for a while now. I expected at the end of a season but with wc on, there is plenty of time to clean the house. People wanted change of coach but how many times have we repeated the change needs to come starting from top to bottom? Finally a good move.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
That's exactly my point though.

Juventus isn't run because of heritage or sentiment. It's run by people who simply run businesses.
I agree with that. Exor is run by people who simply run business.

But Jj was led by someone who wouldn't qualify for a CMO position despite having a marketing background yet was installed to run a football club. Nepotism at its finest really. Sporting dominance, trophies, etc. while club's books go from red to black - thanks to Marotta. . Once he was fired, the results (aka our current state) are the product of non-business people running the club.

I've already thanked Agnelli for his service but folks here shouldn't pretend like he was some sort of giga-brain chad who knew what he was doing and was pulling all the right strings. Commiting fraud is no joke. And if he did commit it, then it shows the hubris and disrespect he has for his own family legacy wrt Jj.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003

But Jj was led by someone who wouldn't qualify for a CMO position despite having a marketing background yet was installed to run a football club. Nepotism at its finest really. Sporting dominance, trophies, etc. while club's books go from red to black - thanks to Marotta. . Once he was fired, the results (aka our current state) are the product of non-business people running the club.

I've already thanked Agnelli for his service but folks here shouldn't pretend like he was some sort of giga-brain chad who knew what he was doing and was pulling all the right strings. Commiting fraud is no joke. And if he did commit it, then it shows the hubris and disrespect he has for his own family legacy wrt Jj.
Honestly it's more likely Elkann just wanted his nephew to have something to play with and gave him Juventus. The other businesses are way too important and generate too much money. It might be nepotism, but they're just going to correct what was screwed up and get on with it.

Jun 16, 2020

In a way he was a visionair, we pioneered many things like the U23, the Continassa and the stadium although it wasn’t entirely due to Agnelli. The club very modern in every sense and got totally restructured in the past 12 years.

But regarding the finances, indeed since Marotta left we’ve been in free fall with Agnelli signing our financial reports.

Covid hit us at the moment when our expenses were higher than ever, it basically ment the exit of Agnelli we learned now.

Amer

Feb 13, 2005
The real question is: will this new management be capable enough to push this club to top?

Let's be honest and real. Marotta and Paratici were a remarkable duo. The way they operated together resulted not only in sporting success but also into balanced books.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
gravina actually said that if you wanna go lynching on the main square then feel free to do so :lol: first sensible comment from him i can remember. he's probably happy that unibrow is out. looks like not a lot of people liked aa too much

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Wow, surprised that he has shown some sense. Thats a good slapping of Tebbas. He is aware that without Juve, Serie A is worth far less so he isnt going to kill its cash cow. This will be swept underneath a rug even quicker than I expected.
Trust me Gravina would kill Juve if he had the chance, I don't trust that old fart one bit, he may not be another Guido rossi but gravina was certainly anything but a friend or ally of Juve and its people

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
As for relegation few have mentioned. 'Only in case our financial gains were of a magnitude that allowed us to participate in Serie A'. So no.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006
Anyone seen the movie house of Gucci? I get the feeling parts of the story in the way there's in fighting within the company, forcing your own family out of the organisation for control and stabilise the company financially just feels like this... must be an Italian thing

Mokku

Apr 17, 2019
If this is about hidden payments to Ronaldo and players then it's the fault of the guy who promised the payments. This individual had to infiltrate each level until the payments were made. Any sort of company will be fined and they would sack the offenders. Company can even sue the culprits. These crimes are not for sporting advantages, it's a cooking the books case.

As for the Spanish, I hope Spain get knocked out of the WC and none of their teams win a CL or EL again. The destruction of Barcelona would hit La Liga hard and I hope it does.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
how come agnelli/elkann related companies like fiat (stellantis), press companies, banks and shit never get in similar trouble?

you and some other tuzzers have a laughable agenda against the ownership. obvious answer is obvious: unibrow was incompetent. the moment marotta stopped holding his hands everything went to shit. nothing happened to other parts of the agnelli/elkann empire.

a competent manager is needed at juventus, not new owners.
At times, I think some just want the owners, Marotta, and Allegri to stay on forever, given carte blanche to do whatever they want. But that's not how football works nowadays and definitely not how business works. Using "Unibrow" as a scapegoat for everything is just as silly as blaming Allegri for everything that has went wrong over the years. I've been saying it for a long time that we need external resources to clean this mess of a club up from top to bottom, getting rid of the "good old boys" that were appointed to roles they have no business doing. If we want to bring Del Piero back as a club figurehead, I'm all for it. But all other positions need proven, capable leaders in football and business, regardless of what nationality they are. And if we need new owners to get the job done, so be it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)