Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (143 Viewers)

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Every club does shit like this I've no doubt about it.

We just have a massive target on our backs and are either dumb enough to get caught or our owners (exor) for whatever reason let this shit happen.
You can't justify or normalize this just because other clubs do the same

The Agnelli family should've known better after what happened 16 years ago but apparently not

This is why I want the club sold because guys like Agnelli think they are above the system. This is typical behavior of a corrupt billionaire from a corrupt country.

Stevie

Mar 30, 2003
You can't justify or normalize this just because other clubs do the same

The Agnelli family should've known better after what happened 16 years ago but apparently not

This is why I want the club sold because guys like Agnelli think they are above the system. This is typical behavior of a corrupt billionaire from a corrupt country.
100%

I wanted the club to be sold along time ago for these reasons. I once loved the fairytale story of history and heritage within the club but it just doesn't work anymore. Times have changed.

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
how come agnelli/elkann related companies like fiat (stellantis), press companies, banks and shit never get in similar trouble?

you and some other tuzzers have a laughable agenda against the ownership. obvious answer is obvious: unibrow was incompetent. the moment marotta stopped holding his hands everything went to shit. nothing happened to other parts of the agnelli/elkann empire.

a competent manager is needed at juventus, not new owners.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
100%

I wanted the club to be sold along time ago for these reasons. I once loved the fairytale story of history and heritage within the club but it just doesn't work anymore. Times have changed.
Times have definitely changed. Exor has HQ in Netherlands for a while now. Juve is just one of their companies, one of the least succesfull ones that is only costing them. It would be difficult to find another 'parent' willing to invest 100s of millions every year, just to keep us afloat. Lets hope they cleaned the house and the new mgt will be more sensible with financial decisions.

- - - Updated - - -

how come agnelli/elkann related companies like fiat (stellantis), press companies, banks and shit never get in similar trouble?

you and some other tuzzers have a laughable agenda against the ownership. obvious answer is obvious: unibrow was incompetent. the moment marotta stopped holding his hands everything went to shit. nothing happened to other parts of the agnelli/elkann empire.

Exactly

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
TV rights was not as big of a deal in 2006 as it is now. There's millions of euros at stake even for the people that want severe punishment and want Juventus to be 'destroyed'

I don't want to go full conspiracy mode without learning the whole story. Falsifying accounts and deferring payments for player salaries is not the same thing as contacting referee designators and alleged involvement of fixing games.

There are two separate 'allegations' here,

Falsifying accounts for sporting advantage which will have to be proven in court

Falsifying accounts on a publicly traded company

The latter would mean the board of directors would get severely punished and could serve jail time

The former could mean serious implications for the club.

Ofcourse you can't rule out both happening together but I still fail to see how this will result in relegation
It is not conspiracy mode, it is simply out of experience of how things happen in Italy.

Back in 2006 it was apparently the same for all clubs but only Juventus got relegated. All clubs were contacting referee designatiors. There was no match fixing and the contacts were a normal thing to do.

TV rights, money or whatever other losses that these will suffer is still worth it for them to destroy the club. Why aren't we hearing anything about other clubs at the moment and Juvetus is the only club being mentioned in the media? It's all partof destroying the club and when the opportunity rises to do it officially they will not hesitate one bit. They will not think of consequences, they will not care about consequences and losses. The gain for them is much bigger than the losses.

They will find a way to connect these financial crimes to a sporting gain and it will be only Juventus that have this connection. I am not optimistic one bit and I advice you to be the same.

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015

Renaissance of #TeamBeppe :touched:

cute!

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It is not conspiracy mode, it is simply out of experience of how things happen in Italy.

Back in 2006 it was apparently the same for all clubs but only Juventus got relegated. All clubs were contacting referee designatiors. There was no match fixing and the contacts were a normal thing to do.

TV rights, money or whatever other losses that these will suffer is still worth it for them to destroy the club. Why aren't we hearing anything about other clubs at the moment and Juvetus is the only club being mentioned in the media? It's all partof destroying the club and when the opportunity rises to do it officially they will not hesitate one bit. They will not think of consequences, they will not care about consequences and losses. The gain for them is much bigger than the losses.

They will find a way to connect these financial crimes to a sporting gain and it will be only Juventus that have this connection. I am not optimistic one bit and I advice you to be the same.
Cronios?

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
100%

What are you talking about?

Juventus are just one small part of a big global conglomerate that is owned by arguably Italy's most influential industrial family. You're talking as if this is some sort of amateur family who just happen to own Juventus and don't know their way around business.

Wtf.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012

Football happens to be an easy target. The game is followed by millions and I'm sure Juventus creates more headlines than any of those business corporations in the country.

Attributing falsifying of accounts to just 'incompetency' is being naive and delusional. Agnelli is fully aware of what he's doing and he's being blatant and arrogant about it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
What are you talking about?

Juventus are just one small part of a big global conglomerate that is owned by arguably Italy's most influential industrial family. You're talking as if this is some sort of amateur family who just happen to own Juventus and don't know their way around business.

Wtf.
And what relevance does any of that have in the context of modern football enterprise or any bearing on sporting results?

Jj is a portfolio company which shows up as an asset on Exor's books. Exor's top priority is their fiduciary duty to shareholders. If an offer were to come in where they could either 1) profit (highly doubtful in this economic cycle) or 2) shed a vast amount of debt off their balance sheet then it's not out of this world for Elkann to consider it.

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006

Agreed. It's like once the last adult in the room (Marotta) was shown the door by the spoiled son of a billionaire who thought he knew it all. It all went downhill.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
And what relevance does any of that have in the context of modern football enterprise or any bearing on sporting results?

Jj is a portfolio company which shows up as an asset on Exor's books. Exor's top priority is their fiduciary duty to shareholders. If an offer were to come in where they could either 1) profit (highly doubtful in this economic cycle) or 2) shed a vast amount of debt off their balance sheet then it's not out of this world for Elkann to consider it.
That's exactly my point though.

Juventus isn't run because of heritage or sentiment. It's run by people who simply run businesses.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 135)