Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (65 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I hope you're right. But the timing, and the statement by the club and the fact that this is an entire board resigning with 11 or so directors under criminal investigation all point towards it being more than a normal resignation for an under-performing CEO.
It's probably a combination of both and a culmination of both. Just being investigated is enough for Exor to rightly ask "what the fuck is going on" and then add in the losses and then add in the performances on the field and then add in three coaches in three years not only spending a ton of their contracts but also a lack of direction from the top (which is what these guys are being paid to do, provide a direction and plan and yet we're sacking coaches, hiring coaches, sacking that coach, hiring another coach before sacking that third coach and hiring back the first coach in a 36 month span).

Elkann had enough. Rightly so.

Buy on AliExpress.com

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
It's probably a combination of both and a culmination of both. Just being investigated is enough for Exor to rightly ask "what the fucking is going on" and then add in the losses and then add in the performances on the field and then add in three coaches in three years not only spending a ton of their contracts but also a lack of direction from the top (which is what these guys are being paid to do, provide a direction and plan and yet we're sacking coaches, hiring coaches, sacking that coach, hiring another coach before sacking that third coach and hiring back the first coach in a 36 month span).

Elkann had enough. Rightly so.
That makes me wonder if Conte is even an option anymore because it would just be the continuation of the cycle. If Allegri gets canned I bet they just promote Montero.

Akshen

Aug 27, 2010
But what's the version for Agnelli, was he sacked as an effect of his bad management lately or because there will be investigation against him and club wants to be isolated from that?

lgorTudor

Jan 15, 2015
Truth is the entire football world has become some sort of money making / laundering scheme and pretty much all clubs are guilty of it. The first requirement to hold any management role in football is be a power hungry cunt.

They all sicken me equally.

From Juventus to Inter to Barco to Real to United to Liverpoo to UEFA to FIFA.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ONEPLUS A6003 met Tapatalk
:agree:

Feels surreal that sentient beings watch this 'sport' with a straight face in its current iteration

Above U19 level or so (where the dirt begins) there is not a single decent cell in the bodies of any actor of any club on any continent

cc @Cerval

pavelnel

Oct 24, 2006
To each their own, I'm not a fan of the guy really and never have been.

But he's basically been a success at every company.

"This guy doesn't know banking, Elon will fail" - X.com, Zip2, Paypal 1999
"This guy doesn't know electric cars, Elon will fail" - Telsa 2005
"This guy doesn't know solar energy, Elon will fail" - SolarCity 2006
"This guy doesn't know rocket science, Elon will fail" - SpaceX 2002
"This guy doesn't know neuroscience, Elon will fail" Neurolink 2016
"This guy doesn't know internet providers, Elon will fail" - Starlink 2019

Now we're at:

"This guy doesn't know social media, Elon will fail" 2022

I may dislike the guy but I'm struggling to see the "bad businessman" sticking. Even the Boring Company has the LV rail and approved further expansions.
Only Tesla has proven to have a sustainable business model among the companies you listed. And this has been on the back of huge government help and subsidies.
Come back when any of his other investments can thrive on their own. As far as I am concerned he has only proven to be a covidiot, pathological liar and sociopath.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk

Hist

Founder of Hism
Jan 18, 2009
Only Tesla has proven to have a sustainable business model among the companies you listed. And this has been on the back of huge government help and subsidies.
Come back when any of his other investments can thrive on their own. As far as I am concerned he has only proven to be a covidiot, pathological liar and sociopath.

Изпратено от моят XQ-AU52 с помощта на Tapatalk
He can be both a very successful business man, CEO, entrepreneur etc.. and a horrible sociopathic human being. One does not necessarily exclude the other. It could also be true that he is increasingly changing to the worse.

- - - Updated - - -

Should they just look the other way then? Blame lies squarely on the shoulder of the criminal(s) not on those holding them accountable. This is on Agnelli and co. If we get relegated then he'd have killed Juve and Serie A once and for all, not the prosecutors who caught him.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
All signs point toward the latter
I don't think so.

Agnelli is Elkann's nephew. The prime objective of the move is never going to be to make Juventus look clean and put the blame on Agnelli. If push comes to shove, family comes first.

I also don't think they have cooked the books in such a way that they will face criminal charges. These are people who have run Italy for a century. There is no way they don't know enough about finances to avoid obvious criminal charges.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
If 16 directors have resigned, it's way more than 'hey you know what, you've mismanaged the financial situation for the last 3 years, all of you need to quit'

I just hope this resignation is to protect and safeguard the future of the club.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
If 16 directors have resigned, it's way more than 'hey you know what, you've mismanaged the financial situation for the last 3 years, all of you need to quit'

I just hope this resignation is to protect and safeguard the future of the club.
The first part of your post is complete assumption.

j0ker

Capo di tutti capi
Jan 5, 2006
Should they just look the other way then? Blame lies squarely on the shoulder of the criminal(s) not on those holding them accountable. This is on Agnelli and co. If we get relegated then he'd have killed Juve and Serie A once and for all, not the prosecutors who caught him.
Oh really? Tell that to other leagues who sweep their top clubs scandals under the rug to avoid tarnishing their own image.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
The first part of your post is complete assumption.

Well tbh so is your post above mine. We are all speculating at this point. No one knows the truth.

But it's reasonable to think there's a genuine cause for concern when an entire board resigns midway through the season.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Well tbh so is your post above mine. We are all speculating at this point. No one knows the truth.

But it's reasonable to think there's a genuine cause for concern when an entire board resigns midway through the season.
Well, yes, but it's Italy's biggest industrial family with a century of experience running businesses. I wouldn't be surprised if Andrea Agnelli commits fraud, I'd be surprised he'd do it in such a way he'd get caught.

But you're right, who knows really.

LiquidPLP

Jun 9, 2012
On VS one 'guru' mentions Giuntoli whom we've wanted for a long time now. ADL blocked him in the past but in June next year we could finally see him at Juve.
Another one, considered very reliable mentions the name of... Marotta.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 63)