Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (75 Viewers)

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
I hated this guy and his cult long before it became fashionable
To each their own, I'm not a fan of the guy really and never have been.

But he's basically been a success at every company.

"This guy doesn't know banking, Elon will fail" - X.com, Zip2, Paypal 1999
"This guy doesn't know electric cars, Elon will fail" - Telsa 2005
"This guy doesn't know solar energy, Elon will fail" - SolarCity 2006
"This guy doesn't know rocket science, Elon will fail" - SpaceX 2002
"This guy doesn't know neuroscience, Elon will fail" Neurolink 2016
"This guy doesn't know internet providers, Elon will fail" - Starlink 2019

Now we're at:

"This guy doesn't know social media, Elon will fail" 2022

I may dislike the guy but I'm struggling to see the "bad businessman" sticking. Even the Boring Company has the LV rail and approved further expansions.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011

If he really did what is being said he and the rest did, I hope he rots in prison for a long time.

But hopefully not, hopefully they fight and clear their names and Juve without any sanctions for the team on the pitch.

Thank you Andrea for the most beautiful years of my life as far as sports are concerned. :sheik:
Even if hes found guilty, he most certainly wont rot in prison. This is gonna end up with several millions in fines and correction of financial statements for the club. There is also responsibility of our auditor, Deloitte?

juve123

Aug 10, 2017
Even if hes found guilty, he most certainly wont rot in prison. This is gonna end up with several millions in fines and correction of financial statements for the club. There is also responsibility of our auditor, Deloitte?
At the most it will be slap on the wrist in most countries except italy these things are impossible to prove in the court unless it is related to false accounting information.

Paid-off-Ref

Dec 16, 2004

Now we're at:

I may dislike the guy but I'm struggling to see the "bad businessman" sticking. Even the Boring Company has the LV rail and approved further expansions.
X.com was a success for him. However the code he wrote was a mess. It merged with Paypal and Elon got fired. Peter Thiel actually built the company and sold it and made Elon a lot of money. Tesla is also a success, Elon came in as an investor and made a lot of money. I don't think the other companies you mention have been huge successes for him though.

It's a pretty foolish argument to call him a bad businessman based on his wealth. If he didn't feel the need to pretend to be something other than that I wouldn't mind him. But those daddy issues...

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
Jan 28, 2013
X.com was a success for him. However the code he wrote was a mess. It merged with Paypal and Elon got fired. Peter Thiel actually built the company and sold it and made Elon a lot of money. Tesla is also a success, Elon came in as an investor and made a lot of money. I don't think the other companies you mention have been huge successes for him though.

It's a pretty foolish argument to call him a bad businessman based on his wealth. If he didn't feel the need to pretend to be something other than that I wouldn't mind him. But those daddy issues...
Oh yeah, he's very unbearable and he tries so hard at a lot of stuff. It's part of the reason I find him so unlikeable. I do think he's pretty hit or miss on some stuff. Let that sink in was funny to me. But otherwise, usually I find him to be trying too hard to be meme-y, trying to be hip.

But I do think his focus on free speech is a good thing, especially on Twitter and I do think Twitter was a very bloated company both in terms of personnel as well as in terms of valuation. And Twitter was clearly doing shady shit in terms of silencing other opinions.

Time will tell how it goes.

Ronn

#TeamPestoFlies
May 3, 2012

Now we're at:

To me started with hearing the stories of friends working for Tesla. They hired interns with much lower costs than full time hires and had them work 60 hours a week promising a full time job at the end of the internship only to not offer them a job at the end and hire another batch of interns. Many startups do that but I had never seen a company the size of Tesla do it this systematically.
His email last week to the Twitter employees sounded very familiar.

Badass J Elkann

It's time to go!!
Feb 12, 2006

Any reason why Tebas and La Liga give this kind of official statement ?
We don't play in their league, They also have Barca problem or Real Madrid huge debt. Why do they care for us ?
This ass hat has already tried to go for psg and man city in recent months too, he's a fucking nobody, he needs to be permanently Badass Tebas from this world, but frankly I got bigger fish to fry than some insignificant twat who can't even look after his own fucked up league

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
To me started with hearing the stories of friends working for Tesla. They hired interns with much lower costs than full time hires and had them work 60 hours a week promising a full time job at the end of the internship only to not offer them a job at the end and hire another batch of interns. Many startups do that but I had never seen a company the size of Tesla do it this systematically.
His email last week to the Twitter employees sounded very familiar.
Musk is nothing more than a spoiled baby born into an insane amount of money. Didn't invent anything and definitely nowhere near a genius. Hes pretty much what a smart person looks like to a dumbass.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 69)