Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (21 Viewers)

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
If it is to be implemented this way then a draft has to be introduced instead of the market that goes on now.
which would be way harder when you have multiple leagues across multiple countries with different schedules. In the US it’s easy, because the leagues have a monopoly on all the talent

- - - Updated - - -

Not me :p

Except maybe Italy at the World Cup
fair enough. I don’t watch as much as I used to, especially Juve

DAiDEViL

Feb 21, 2015
Juventus would benefit the most from it. No ifs or buts about it.

If you love Juve more than football (sounds weird I know), you'd be for the idea.
To each his own i guess. I love the club, and following it down to Serie B only made me love it more, but i can't guarantee what happens if we continue to go full plastic.

Things can change over time. It already started with the players. There are hardly any players (...not to mention the coach) left i feel attached to. Our starting eleven looks like the one of a random new-rich oil club.

The circle-jerk super league AA wants would only make lose even more interest.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
Id rather see Juve play PSG, City, Pool, Bayern, than Olympiakos, Marseille, Valencia, Lokomotiv Moskow.
So yeah Super League > UCHL.
yea but if Super League delivers these games on a weekly basis then the fun would die out after a bit.

Part of the fun of CL games is the rarity and the anticipation between games. If you play 40 of them a season then it loses its special status.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
yea but if Super League delivers these games on a weekly basis then the fun would die out after a bit.

Part of the fun of CL games is the rarity and the anticipation between games. If you play 40 of them a season then it loses its special status.
I dont think so. You get to play all top teams home and away, such winning the whole thing means that team was the best. In Serie A out of 38 games only 6-8 are top matches. The rest are meh. In weekly bases Id get to see Juve play top matches. I remember sometimes we had to wait 2 weeks for a Juve match (because of international break) and we play freaking Chievo or Lecce.

X Æ A-12

Contributor
Sep 4, 2006
I dont think so. You get to play all top teams home and away, such winning the whole thing means that team was the best. In Serie A out of 38 games only 6-8 are top matches. The rest are meh. In weekly bases Id get to see Juve play top matches. I remember sometimes we had to wait 2 weeks for a Juve match (because of international break) and we play freaking Chievo or Lecce.
but if we are in a league with all other top sides are we still a top side or just an Udinese?

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
The Chievos and Lecces are our bread and butter. Even steak and lobster would lose its excitement when you have it weekly.

Snobist

DareDevil
Apr 16, 2017
but if we are in a league with all other top sides are we still a top side or just an Udinese?
We dont know that. We tend to do well vs Top teams. It’s funny though it’s call Champions League and it’s not a league it’s a tournament. It should be Uefa Champions Tournament :p. UCHT

Bianconero81

Ageing Veteran
Jan 26, 2009
I have a better idea.

We keep domestic Leagues (reduce Serie A to 18 or even 16 teams) and form a permanent Super League with 12 teams, without the EPL Premfags. They decided to leave the EU, so might as well just fuck off to their little island and stay there.

We'd still make money, play fewer games, and only the EPL (who gives a shit about them anyway?) would miss out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)