Andrea "Il Bruco Brutto" Agnelli (24 Viewers)

RavaneVialli2

Aug 4, 2012
Agnelli is great when he speaks to the press, but it's worrying how obvious is that this generation of Elkanns/Agnellis have no real power in Italy right now, when guys like Abate rebuke Andrea over the 3rd star, his comments on FIGC etc. With Giovanni Agnelli still alive it would have been different.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Of all the things Andrea has said about the number of trophies we've won, you're still pissed off that he didn't put 3 stars on our players' jerseys. :sergio:

Sometimes, you guys go too far with this Andrea Agnelli hatred.
Shush, Sheik. I don't hate Agnelli. I actually kinda like him and give him a lot of credit for our rise from the ashes.

And yes, I was very angry that he made a promise like that when he wasn't able to keep it. The fact that you have a problem with that is more pathetic to me.

---------- Post added 22.08.2012 at 18:37 ----------

You wanna keep playing or give me a quote? I'm not messing with you. I'm on my phone and can't find anything. Now I'm gonna go to sleep - goodnight.
I actually looked but I can't find specific quotes. But yeah, he's been saying it since he became Pres, that's why everyone was pissed.

I only found a quote from Nedved - http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/3...Scudetto-win?p=3637739&viewfull=1#post3637739

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Man, I just dream of those good ole days, back in 2010, before this jackass came along and ruined all the great fucking times we were having.

:sergio:

36 years young, operating from an extremely difficult position, completely ready and willing to take on the governing board of Italian football.

You'd think he might just catch a break from the fans, maybe get a little respect around here, hmm? But no, he mishandled the Ale situation (his worst mistake), and the 3 stars on the jersey didn't turn out, so lets forget the fact that it was his idea to bring in Conte, that the team was undefeated last year, that Ale is 37, that our jerseys still defiantly read 30 sul campo, and that Andrea is standing up for us like nobody else would in 2006, during the darkest period of the club's history.

Forza Andrea, keep fighting the good fight.

---------- Post added 22.08.2012 at 15:52 ----------

It's great to have a President sticking it to these corrupt fucks. You need a strong figurehead in these times to represent the club well.

Great words :tup: We are not going to let these pieces of shit walk all over us without a fight.
Fucking right.

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Jesus Christ, I'm only talking about one issue here and it is the 3 star one. Comprehend what I am saying. I don't hate Agnelli, don't want him to resign, don't think he ruined the good times we're having. I only have a frickin' problem on the goddamn 3 star issue.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Jesus Christ, I'm only talking about one issue here and it is the 3 star one. Comprehend what I am saying. I don't hate Agnelli, don't want him to resign, don't think he ruined the good times we're having. I only have a frickin' problem on the goddamn 3 star issue.
Jesus CHRIST! :D Sorry, I wasn't specifically talking to you Quetzkhaklhatmatty. I went back a couple pages and saw Cronios' talking about hopefully AA is gone soon, or whatever, then saw a bunch of people bitching about today, and had myself a little rant.

I'm sorry you can't have 3 stars on your jersey bro, but I think it's likely there were some logistical issues that complicated things, making it all look so silly. Whether that's the FIGC, or Juve tactics with the impending scandal, I have no idea.

I think the importance of the 30 sul campo message is clear, the real problem is more the fact that Nike printed off all those 2 star jerseys. No coordination with Juve marketing, etc. Clearly the fans want to show solidarity, and wear the same jersey as the players - whether that's with 50 stars, or zero.

I may just buy the two star black jersey, and figure out a little black patch for over the stars :p

where has this 'defiance' actually benefitted the club?
I do think he's done important things for both the image and stability of the club, and I think speaking out strongly against the injustice Juve has suffered is a big part of that. I think that a lot of people view Juventus more favorably than they did before his arrival, largely because he's helped push for the Calciopoli review (which clearly demonstrated Juventus was unequally punished, and that the FIGC sports tribunal is a complete joke.).

How do you measure it tangibly? Hard to do. Can't give him credit for Bonucci or Pepe getting acquitted, but Agnelli was certainly in their corner. That has benefits for the unity of the squad, you can bet your ass the players appreciate him speaking out and showing support. Exact same thing with Conte now, clearly.

Btw, what kind of benefits are you looking for when the appeal process is still underway? It's not like he can change a corrupt, national institution by snapping his fingers. He's putting a TON of pressure on those engaged in the process, and by bringing considerable attention to this, it does provide the opportunity for others to take up the charge; for instance, the other day I heard Zamparini critiquing the process. Hopefully, down the road, this might even help facilitate some change in the FIGC tribunal process... a bit idyllic maybe, but corrupt governance can be stopped.

I'd much rather he be strong, assertive, and speak his mind, than quietly bend over and take it in the ass. If you're endorsing silence from the primary spokesperson of our club, what do you think that will accomplish?

Other than the perception that we're bending over, and taking one in the brown eye?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)