Andrea Dossena-rumored to have signed for Juve (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

vimo

Apr 1, 2006
i think we should forget about grosso. why do you want someone who is more expensive (or same price at max), five years older, and who did not really convince at inter/serie-a. Taking back grosso would be a more risky thing than dossena. Grosso might take a while to adapt, and by then, his time will be over again. Plus, nobody knows if he wants to return. This Dossena does a good job, makes his job, and will do so also in another club.

Buy on AliExpress.com

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
i think we should forget about grosso. why do you want someone who is more expensive (or same price at max), five years older, and who did not really convince at inter/serie-a. Taking back grosso would be a more risky thing than dossena. Grosso might take a while to adapt, and by then, his time will be over again. Plus, nobody knows if he wants to return. This Dossena does a good job, makes his job, and will do so also in another club.
Grosso's age doesnt bother me, infact it's a positive aspect considering the emerging talent of De Ceglie. Also, i wouldn't neccesarily worry about the time it would take for him to adapt, he's played with a host of our players and has a good jist of Serie A and italian football in general, thus underlining his failure at Inter.. What bothers me most is the price tag as Lyon are excellent businessmen and they won't sell him cheaply & TBH i wouldnt pay any more for Grosso than Dossena even though i think Grosso is by far the superior player, but when it all comes down to is money and in no way should we "splash" out on him.. All i'm saying is that i would gladly accept him given the price is not too steep

Also i fear Dossena is one of those players who although would be solid and not dissapoint he wouldn't command a LB spot and wouldnt be the spark we need chargin down the left flank, also the younger he is the more he takes the oppurtunity away from De Ceglie, who once again i'll say that i very much believe in

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007
Cmon guys. Don't you watch gamess?? Dossena is a great LWB. Very strong and gives good crosses. I really like the guy and much much better then Molinaro. He will be great for us for sure. And yes 99% is ours already.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
Cmon guys. Don't you watch gamess?? Dossena is a great LWB. Very strong and gives good crosses. I really like the guy and much much better then Molinaro. He will be great for us for sure. And yes 99% is ours already.
What makes you so sure he is that close to us?? Ofcourse he is much better than Molinaro, who isnt?.. But I agree with you in that his performances this season have been impressive but does his quality much our ambition to be a competitive world class Champions League team?

Daddi

Cuadrado is juan hell of a derby king!
Oct 27, 2004
Andrea DOSSENA

Dati anagrafici
Nato
LODI - 11/9/1981
Altezza Peso
181 Cm 77 Kg
Note tecniche
Ruolo
Difensore
Esordio in A
18/11/2001, VERONA-CHIEVO 3-2 76p 2g
Esordio in nazionale
17/10/2007, ITALIA-SUDAFRICA 2-0 1p

Saw this. Supposedly he has signed with Juve (for the summer). What do you guys think of him?
May I ask for your source?

RAMI-N

★ ★ ★
Aug 22, 2006
What makes you so sure he is that close to us?? Ofcourse he is much better than Molinaro, who isnt?.. But I agree with you in that his performances this season have been impressive but does his quality much our ambition to be a competitive world class Champions League team?
That's good question, but surely his price will be completely diffrent from a world class LB...won't it?!

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
That's good question, but surely his price will be completely diffrent from a world class LB...won't it?!
It will indeed which futher complicates our LB situation.. This brings me back to my point in regards to De Ceglie. I have had a very close eye on De Ceglie this year, watching him every single game possible including Azzurini games and from the time i've spent watching him i'm confident he can geninunely become a fundamental player in Juve's backline in years to come.. Most of all, I like his decision-making, he seems to make quick decisions on the spot, for example when he gets the ball he automatically picks out what player to pass it to and does it straight away in an accurate & efficient way and will mostly try to run a line which he can still contribute after he has passed it, and all with a high energy level, in saying this his play isnt rash and when he keeps ahold of the ball he looks really comfortable with it in possession.. unlike criscito who hesitates and takes forever to decide what to do, usually choking and thus leading to a shithouse pass

simoncauchi

Feb 21, 2007

I am more certain that he is ours but i will leave it at 99% since ofcourse i am not in the managment. :) I have read on many sources that the deal is closed and he already signed for us which on this one i really do believe that it is true. Dossena is the type of a Juve player. You will see what i mean when he starts playing for us. Usually i am almost right about players hehe. Juve should hire me for a scout. :jvefan: Anyways i have watched Dossena very closely this year and he really impressed me. I use to say to myself, i wish Juve buys this player while watching him play. IMO his is great (not world class) reminds me of Zambrotta sometimes. Strong, can score, Good crosses and very good in tactical games. Trust me he will be very usefull and will surely start.

I don't know why people want Vargas. He will never be good for us. Not consistent and would be a big flop. I really hope he wown't come.

De Ceglie will be great but ONLY in the future. He is still very young and never gained much experience in a bigger club. I would loan him to a bigger club and watch his improvements first before we bring him home. Afterall i am sure he wown't start if Dossena comes to Juve, so what's the point to keep him on the bench? Afterall most probably next season we will be playing in the Champions League so we need strong, experienced players and not players to experiment with.

Regards

Simon

Lion

King of Tuz
Jan 24, 2007
As long as he's good defensivley and can put in a decent cross then it's fine. He doesn't have to be a Zambrotta to get the job done. teams don't live and die by their fullbacks, but they do by their midfieldes and center backs. Let's get Zapata and Diego now.

OP
Tifoso

Tifoso

Sempre e solo Juve
Aug 12, 2005
  • Thread Starter #55
    As long as he's good defensivley and can put in a decent cross then it's fine. He doesn't have to be a Zambrotta to get the job done. teams don't live and die by their fullbacks, but they do by their midfieldes and center backs. Let's get Zapata and Diego now.
    Agree with your argument, sir.

Gazzo

Jul 9, 2007
    I am more certain that he is ours but i will leave it at 99% since ofcourse i am not in the managment. :) I have read on many sources that the deal is closed and he already signed for us which on this one i really do believe that it is true. Dossena is the type of a Juve player. You will see what i mean when he starts playing for us. Usually i am almost right about players hehe. Juve should hire me for a scout. :jvefan: Anyways i have watched Dossena very closely this year and he really impressed me. I use to say to myself, i wish Juve buys this player while watching him play. IMO his is great (not world class) reminds me of Zambrotta sometimes. Strong, can score, Good crosses and very good in tactical games. Trust me he will be very usefull and will surely start.

I don't know why people want Vargas. He will never be good for us. Not consistent and would be a big flop. I really hope he wown't come.

De Ceglie will be great but ONLY in the future. He is still very young and never gained much experience in a bigger club. I would loan him to a bigger club and watch his improvements first before we bring him home. Afterall i am sure he wown't start if Dossena comes to Juve, so what's the point to keep him on the bench? Afterall most probably next season we will be playing in the Champions League so we need strong, experienced players and not players to experiment with.

Regards

Simon
    Thats the best way to piss him off and even if he plays brilliantly for that serie A team he's been loaned out to i doubt he will want to come back to Juve.. Sending him on loan again next year will send all the wrong messages to him.. When it comes to loaning quality young players i'm a firm disbeliever in it, for example we all know that Giovinco's loan has been a success but havent you all noticed his latest comments definately have a threatining tinge about them? e.g first Napoli comment and then the "I'll play at a big club whether it be Juve or not".. Loaning does nothing but distance the player's loyalty to the club.. Mind you i'm all for loans like Lanzafame but when it comes to quality players i couldnt be more against it, and as i have said i am a huge believer in De Ceglie based on his performances which i have closely followed

Mark

The Informer
    Administrator
    Dec 19, 2003
    Modesto? The guy that papers say we are closest to sign at LB? bah! Might as well start De Ceglie instead.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)