Andrea Cambiaso (31 Viewers)

DanielSz

Sep 6, 2014
Did we not already try that? First game they were great, then immediately figured out and nullified by mediocre opposition
cambiaso has started 4 games. 2 wins 2 draws. With Cambiaso and Weah 2 games total, one win one draw. Don’t think there’s any conclusion to make there. Can’t just pull the plug on an experiment after a couple games either.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
GIF 2023-10-23 9-39-42.gif

GIF 2023-10-23 10-08-56.gif

Two good link-up plays and he was just doing the basics of a footballer --scanning the field and looking for open space.

I know it's against a 10 men milan but he deserves more minutes. He again showed he can play as an inverted wingback as a pseudo-midfielder. Also his cut in is something Kostic doesn't offer.
He’s got decent head triangulation for a young player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

s4tch

Mar 23, 2015
GIF 2023-10-23 9-39-42.gif

GIF 2023-10-23 10-08-56.gif

Two good link-up plays and he was just doing the basics of a footballer --scanning the field and looking for open space.

I know it's against a 10 men milan but he deserves more minutes. He again showed he can play as an inverted wingback as a pseudo-midfielder. Also his cut in is something Kostic doesn't offer.
remember the first one, it was nice indeed. i wish we played this directly much more often. that's the single most infuriating aspect of allegriventus: the general passivity. cambiaso either has not fully assimilated yet or is being coached by magnanelli, either way his attitude is welcome

- - - Updated - - -

He’s got decent head triangulation for a young player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
he apparently didn't have the same maths teacher as galliani

GrandeGigi

Sep 18, 2012
Cambiaso and Kostic their games are just so different. A wise coach shall know whom to field according to what kind of game plans against what kind of opponents. I wish Allegri can figure it out.
I think the logic is more to do with the personnel available than the opponent. If Chiesa starts, then Cambiaso often plays so that Chiesa can hug the sideline and Cambiaso inverts.
If we put two big beanpoles up front, then the straight line cross merchant comes in more use.

It’s not difficult to nullify us generally as we rarely commit numbers forward and we do not veer away from a simple attacking game plan (if there is one).

Alin

FINO ALLA FINE!
Jul 27, 2015
Pleased for him.

He's been really good the past 2 appearances and looks to have a good understanding with Chiesa.
I think that aside from that what Cambiaso gives us most importantly is more fluidity in the build up along with a sense of unpredictability compared to what our left flank usually has to offer.

There sure are/will be many games where Cambiaso can turn out to be way more useful than Kostic but i wouldn’t just completely write off the crossing merchant as he most often than not still guarantees us important width and unlimited crosses that usually tend to result in key chances being created.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
The last player who walked past opponents like this guy was Spinazzola. He's following the exact same path where some of us can't understand how he doesn't play

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
He should be starting. Kostic was unlucky in this game he assisted well but cambiaso seems.to get involved so much more than kostic does.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 28)