Andrea Barzagli (53 Viewers)

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003
This guy is fvcking brilliant, classy, elegant, intellifent player. I fed up finding words to describe how great he has been really.

I can't find a player who is more complete than him in Europe and elegant at the same time.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
His awareness on the field is something else. He had a little move in the right back position where he almost lost the ball twice in the same move, but he anticipated exactly how the Fiorentina players would react, almost like he was telepathic.
He was on the ground and ready to play the ball sideways but somehow knew the Fiorentina player would react to the obvious play and he faked it. God damn CB feinting from the ground. It is indeed telepathic.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
It is great for Barzagli.

But this team is a joke.

Sterling is not a midfielder - he's a forward/striker.

I don't rate Trapp at all either.. And Ronaldo there?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
It is great for Barzagli.

But this team is a joke.

Sterling is not a midfielder - he's a forward/striker.

I don't rate Trapp at all either.. And Ronaldo there?
Sterling plays as left winger, attacking midfielders are counted as midfielders in articifial lineups like this thats all about fitting most performing players and not tactics/balance/player types.

You dont need to rate him, Trapp is there because he only conceaded 1 goal, job accomplished in terms of making things air tight enough to get on lists like these.

Are you kidding me with the Ronaldo bit? The fucker scored...

.... in 6 fucking games...

Crazy effectivity...

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Sterling plays as left winger, attacking midfielders are counted as midfielders in articifial lineups like this thats all about fitting most performing players and not tactics/balance/player types.

You dont need to rate him, Trapp is there because he only conceaded 1 goal, job accomplished in terms of making things air tight enough to get on lists like these.

Are you kidding me with the Ronaldo bit? The $#@!er scored...

.... in 6 $#@!ing games...

Crazy effectivity...
I know a winger is counted as a midfielder but then Ronaldo and Messi (as of late - mid last season) are midfielders as well.

Trapp conceded very little. I missed the 1 goal part, but shouldn't the goalie be rated on amount of saves instead? Is he even first choice to Sirigu?

Ronaldo still got it. Incredible.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Ronaldo and Messi are attackers, especially Ronaldo who is a poacher now basically. Messi can be sort of a playmaker/AM, but he is not in this team anyways. Sterling is vintage winger, he is groomed to become more of an attacker like they all are, but his strenghts are penetrating from wide positions, he absolutely sucks infront of goal majority of the time, except for the decisive moments that got him on this list.

I have no idea, maybe he did several saves, didnt watch PSG except 1 boring game vs Real. And Sirigu is benched by him for some while now, so much so that Sirigu will leave PSG in January, he said he will only go to a CL club. Even loose rumours he would come to us when Neto leaves. Which would be weird, changing bench for another.

TheLaz

Oct 6, 2011
Sterling scores too many goals not to be considered an inside forward IMO. I disagree on his lack of finishing - I think he's been great for what i've seen. Since his breakthrough at Liverpool, that is.

I think Neto calculated the chance of Gigi's age playing a part in his ability to start most matches. Even I am surprised with how well Gigi continues to play day in day out. It's phenomenal. Would you be okay with Sirigu anyway? As a backup to Gigi who could be sidelined for months if injured?

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Every inside fake winger is groomed to be some false 9 attacker now, it's bit weird. I seen Sterling alot for Liverpool, he is fantastic talent, mainly physically and instinctive control, but he is not consistent enough finisher. He can have games where he wakes up and puts in most, he excells at creating space for himself. But the finishing itself is very touch and go, seen him blow off so many good chances it's unreal, will take a while until I'm convinced he can be good enough finisher. I mean for top players standards, that's what he is expected to do, carry an attack. For that you need to score more.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
Every inside fake winger is groomed to be some false 9 attacker now, it's bit weird. I seen Sterling alot for Liverpool, he is fantastic talent, mainly physically and instinctive control, but he is not consistent enough finisher. He can have games where he wakes up and puts in most, he excells at creating space for himself. But the finishing itself is very touch and go, seen him blow off so many good chances it's unreal, will take a while until I'm convinced he can be good enough finisher. I mean for top players standards, that's what he is expected to do, carry an attack. For that you need to score more.
He's still almost as much an attacker as Messi & Ronaldo, just not as good at it.

Wingers that should be considered midfielders are more of a Turan type of players for me.

TheTruth

Aug 24, 2015
Barzagli is the only one I trust in that back line to be honest.

Bonucci, Chiellini and even Buffon can be clumsy. This dude is the only one who always performs no matter who, what or where. Glad UEFA showed love and brought him on team of the group stages.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 53)