Andrea Barzagli (11 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
I mostly didn't care for the move, as it was for basically no fee and I originally thought he'd just be a backup. He has blown me away ever since.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
Meh.

Always get some players (defenders, particularly) who suddenly figure things out ages 30-32.

Sometimes it's just from learning the game, sometimes it's about attitude.

Remarkably difficult to see it coming.

But that I don't think i could be foreseen is why I'm not terribly inclined to praise Marotta for signing him - just as I wouldn't be inclined to criticise if a signing didn't work out after everything pointed to it being a good move.

Juliano13

May 6, 2012
Meh.

Always get some players (defenders, particularly) who suddenly figure things out ages 30-32.

Sometimes it's just from learning the game, sometimes it's about attitude.

Remarkably difficult to see it coming.

But that I don't think i could be foreseen is why I'm not terribly inclined to praise Marotta for signing him - just as I wouldn't be inclined to criticise if a signing didn't work out after everything pointed to it being a good move.
Football is not all talent. Its a game that can be learnt to a certain degree. Barzagli always had talent though.

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
So if I, talentless hack for musical instruments, play guitar till my fingers bleed, let's say every day for 5-6 hours and for the next 20 years, I'll be as good as Hendrix, Page, Santana...
How can a little child be a talentless hack? How do you think people learn to play guitar? They repeat the same over and over and over again. It's all about ruthless repetitive training. Do you also think we're born with creativity?

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
How can a little child be a talentless hack? How do you think people learn to play guitar? They repeat the same over and over and over again. It's all about ruthless repetitive training. Do you also think we're born with creativity?
Very simple. Those things are noticed since the youngest age; there are people who have talent be it music, painting, sports...and those who simply don't, but can achieve certain level with practice, although never quite reach the level of true excellence in that field. They can put in as many hours as they want, but they'll never reach the level of some with natural gift. I for once liked painting and still do, started very early with practice, sort of a hobby, but I'd never be able to replicate some of the finest works. Yes people are born with creativity and talent. Two sorts of people: ordinary (the most common) and extraordinary.

Ragazza

Calciopoli Director
Jul 22, 2013
Very simple. Those things are noticed since the youngest age; there are people who have talent be it music, painting, sports...and those who simply don't, but can achieve certain level with practice, although never quite reach the level of true excellence in that field. They can put in as many hours as they want, but they'll never reach the level of some with natural gift. I for once liked painting and still do, started very early with practice, sort of a hobby, but I'd never be able to replicate some of the finest works. Yes people are born with creativity and talent. Two sorts of people: ordinary (the most common) and extraordinary.
I tend to agree. While you can certainly get very good at something by learning/practice alone, only people born with a natural predisposition towards something will ever become truly great at it, in the vast majority of cases.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)