Andrea Barzagli (21 Viewers)

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009
What a great signing. He will prove to be a true world champion, displacing both Chiellini and Bonucci as the team's ace CB, while scoring freely from corners and free kicks, and guiding this team to an unlikely Scudetto, aided by none other than our other "champion" signing Luca Toni!
@Bianconero81

I still can't believe we signed Barzagli :lol: :lol:
@Alen

Actually, just read the from page 1.

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
What a great signing. He will prove to be a true world champion, displacing both Chiellini and Bonucci as the team's ace CB, while scoring freely from corners and free kicks, and guiding this team to an unlikely Scudetto, aided by none other than our other "champion" signing Luca Toni!
:delpiero:

Nostradamus.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I genuinely believed he's a terrible signing, even for the 300k Wolfsburg decided to sell him for. Mostly due to his terrible form in Germany where he was a laughing stock. His last years in Palermo were also bad, as was his first (half) season with Juve.
It was like he was a talented CB who made it to the 2006 WC squad at 25, then he had really bad 5 years (which is like 1/3 of a player's career) and at 30 the big talent finally showed.

One doesn't get that lucky with 30 year olds so often. But back in 2010/11 it really felt no different than signing Zaccardo (another 30 year old who won the WC with Italy at 25). Actually, Zaccardo was a safer bet back then.

Preet

Powerpuff G!
Sep 7, 2010
I genuinely believed he's a terrible signing, even for the 300k Wolfsburg decided to sell him for. Mostly due to his terrible form in Germany where he was a laughing stock. His last years in Palermo were also bad, as was his first (half) season with Juve.
It was like he was a talented CB who made it to the 2006 WC squad at 25, then he had really bad 5 years (which is like 1/3 of a player's career) and at 30 the big talent finally showed.

One doesn't get that lucky with 30 year olds so often. But back in 2010/11 it really felt no different than signing Zaccardo (another 30 year old who won the WC with Italy at 25). Actually, Zaccardo was a safer bet back then.

you made and continue to make a lot of barzalgi like signings so one of them is bound to be effective

Hængebøffer

Jun 4, 2009

No way. Barzagli wasn't the shit player in Germany that people made him out to be. This is just in good fun and I don't remember what I thought of him, but back then I wanted Bonucci sold cause he was terrible.

Edit: Or maybe it was the season before.

jukazem

Feb 10, 2007
No way. Barzagli wasn't the shit player in Germany that people made him out to be. This is just in good fun and I don't remember what I thought of him, but back then I wanted Bonucci sold cause he was terrible.
:agree: Barzagli won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, how can he be a 'laughing stock' if he became a champion.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
:agree: Barzagli won the Bundesliga with Wolfsburg, how can he be a 'laughing stock' if he became a champion.
This. I was indifferent when he came, mostly as I've barely seen the guy in Germany. But he surely wasn't a flop there if you consider the fact that he was integral part of the title winning team and it took only handful of games here for him to show his true value. Even if it was terrible half season for our club, he still manged to be our best defender.

baggio

Jun 3, 2003
I think most of us here were sceptical of his move here, from Wolfsburg, but not much, coz he came here as a replacement for e departing Legrotagglie more than anything else. I certainly didn't see him start as many games as he did, once he came, and of course didn't see him become such a champ. I do remember his early days in Palermo though, was hailed as the new Cannavaro (Fabio) :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 21)