Andrea Barzagli (15 Viewers)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Legend. I mean it.

If you look at how consistently good he's been playing over the course of 1,5 seasons for us now, he's easily up there with some of the best defenders we've ever had. Also keep in mind how well he played at the Euros.

Jul 1, 2010
Legend. I mean it.

If you look at how consistently good he's been playing over the course of 1,5 seasons for us now, he's easily up there with some of the best defenders we've ever had. Also keep in mind how well he played at the Euros.
Best we've had since Cannavaro.

I love Chiellini but Barzagli has been better than him since his arrival.

TrezJuve

May 26, 2010
Both are different types of defender, for comparing them they would need to have the same style IMO.

EDIT: Nevermind, you can compare their performances, but as good as they are you just can't point out who's the best as they offer different things.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Legend. I mean it.

He's been very solid, but Barzagli has not been on the level of Thuram, Cannavaro, or Ferrara over the last decade.

Dec 24, 2012
I read about some of his stats, and they are mindblowing. 87 out of 94 possible starts in all competitions, only 8 yellow cards conceded, no red cards. He almost requires no rest.

And to think we got him on the cheap. Bargain of the century.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)