Andrea Barzagli (138 Viewers)

Quetzalcoatl

It ain't hard to tell
Aug 22, 2007
Wouldn't go that far. He's had better.

However, that one time he dispossessed the Siena player by simply stepping out from behind him, all casual-like, was so fucking class.
Yeah, that was fantastic.

He did, however, play a bad pass forward that got intercepted and left him and Chiello to face counter attack.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
I am not sure if he deserves the card but from the looks of his his face when he got it, I was a bit doubtful. I know how sure of himself he has become and that makes me trust him more.

DVS

Must be patient
Nov 13, 2008
How did this guy become so good. Its like he woke up one morning and said "my brain knows how to defend and I'll use all the talent I have"

Bianconero_Aus

Beppe Marotta Is My God
May 26, 2009
He was actually a really promising defender when he was 20/21, tipped to be one of the next great Italian CBS. His performances trailed off for a few years, seems to have finally fulfilled his potential now. He is top class. Beast of a CB for us.

Elvin

Nov 25, 2005
everything just fell in place I guess, new motivation, first top club. This is the player he was predicted to become in his Palermo days...

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
He was actually a really promising defender when he was 20/21, tipped to be one of the next great Italian CBS. His performances trailed off for a few years, seems to have finally fulfilled his potential now. He is top class. Beast of a CB for us.
He was playing in defence for Palermo to be fair.

Buck Fuddy

Lara Chedraoui fanboy
May 22, 2009
This was actually one of his worst performances of the entire season. He doesn't often make the kind of mistake(s) he made yesterday.

Edit: least good instead of worst would probably be better.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
This was actually one of his worst performances of the entire season. He doesn't often make the kind of mistake(s) he made yesterday.

Edit: least good instead of worst would probably be better.
I thought the same. He missed a couple of passes too.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Is the yellow supposed to be a bad thing or something? I think he was looking for it to stop the play. He was either going to get the ball or the player and the attack was going to end. It wasn't even a bad play to me.

I say this was his best because he was tested so often 1 on 1. Far more than usual and TBH I've always been skeptical of how he would perform when left on an island but he won every encounter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 138)