Andrea Barzagli (24 Viewers)

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
Fucked up massively when Dzeko put it in the net, thank god the ref saw something I didnt - no way he was winning that challenge even if he was left alone. One blunder per season is a ratio I will gladly accept though.
Come on, Džeko pulled his shirt to keep him down. Barza would win that header.

- - - Updated - - -

It took several replays to notice it though, the camera behind the goal did the trick and I think the 5th official called it. These guys have their use afterall.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
Come on, Džeko pulled his shirt to keep him down. Barza would win that header.

- - - Updated - - -

It took several replays to notice it though, the camera behind the goal did the trick and I think the 5th official called it. These guys have their use afterall.
It was a weak call, but its ok - you get some of those in the course of a season and others will go against you. I saw no tugging.

Vlad

In Allegri We Trust
May 23, 2011
It was a weak call, but its ok - you get some of those in the course of a season and others will go against you. I saw no tugging.
I thought that at first, but he really pulled his shirt and that prevented Barza to reach the ball. Maybe someone can post a gif of the incident, but taken from the camera behind the goal. On the first two replays I also couldn't notice.

Nzoric

Grazie Mirko
Jan 16, 2011
I thought that at first, but he really pulled his shirt and that prevented Barza to reach the ball. Maybe someone can post a gif of the incident, but taken from the camera behind the goal. On the first two replays I also couldn't notice.
I saw the replay from that angle and I couldnt see any tugging, slight push but that is just battling for positioning imo

Hydde

Minimiliano Tristelli
Mar 6, 2003
It was a weak call. Barzagli practically invented it with his dive. But its ok, they called dybala offside when he wasnt so we are squared.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Dzeko knew what he did, he just smiled and didn't even consider an appeal, why is this being considered a soft foul? Have someone tug your shirt just a little when you jump and see what happens.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
let's be real here. Barzagli is starting to lose it.

dont get me wrong he is still good. but if you pay close attention to his games this season he is making mistakes that you would never see him make last season or years before. poor marking decisions, jumping, giving balls away easily.

he is 34 so it is understandable. he is still good enough for this squad for a other year or two. but we should be really pushing rugani ahead.
He's 34 and has never really been athletic. I can't see him go on for much longer tbh. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is class, but logic says he's not likely to play until 38.

MikeM

Footballing Hipster celebrating 4th place with Tuz
Sep 21, 2008
Referee was like, "How the fuck does the best CB in the world miss the ball? Must have been a foul."

Dzeko's facial expression agrees. Game moves on.

Azzurri7

Pinturicchio
Dec 16, 2003

On this day in 2011, Andrea Barzagli joined Juventus from Wolfsburg for €300k + €300k bonuses.
What a sick deal that was.

The most elegant defender I've seen in the last 7-8 years, he'll take the ball away from you without having to do too much effort.

One of my fav deals ever.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 23)