André Gomes - Midfielder - Valencia (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Pass that leads to a scoring opportunity. Özil is not really a 1 meter pass kind of guy he has a crazy amount of key passes this season I remember hearing it's the most ever in the PL (don't know how long they have counted them) which again is reflected by his assist numbers.
For example,Ozil makes a simple pass to Sanchez near the box,Sanchez bamboozles the defender and scores a great goal,Ozil gets a key pass to his name

I really dont know how they keep track of these key pass stats as it could be perceived differently on how easy or tough it is to make the pass.

Buy on AliExpress.com
Jun 6, 2015
For example,Ozil makes a simple pass to Sanchez near the box,Sanchez bamboozles the defender and scores a great goal,Ozil gets a key pass to his name

I really dont know how they keep track of these key pass stats as it could be perceived differently on how easy or tough it is to make the pass.
Hard to tell how they count them but in case of Özil he creates a lot of clear changes to his teammates. I think your point is valid however as playing with better players or in a more attacking team should boost these kind of stats.

Xperd

Allegrophobic Infidel
Jun 1, 2012
Regarding those passing stats Hist posted,once again it proves my claim about how flawed these stats can sometimes be.

Marchisio has a better passing accuracy than Pogba but we all know why.Marchisio makes simple passes mostly while Pogba tries a lot of difficult balls.We know this because we watch them week in week out.

Now show these stats to some Barca scout whos never watched Juve for example and he'd imagine Marchisio would be a better fit for Barca because of his passing accuracy.

Im merely trying to say you'd need to just watch those players to get a grip of what kind of player he is or how good is his passing etc
When you are scouting a young player, stats should be the last thing on your agenda to form your basis of judgement.Its nothing more than an enhancing tool.

zizinho

Apr 14, 2013
Regarding those passing stats Hist posted,once again it proves my claim about how flawed these stats can sometimes be.

Marchisio has a better passing accuracy than Pogba but we all know why.Marchisio makes simple passes mostly while Pogba tries a lot of difficult balls.We know this because we watch them week in week out.

Now show these stats to some Barca scout whos never watched Juve for example and he'd imagine Marchisio would be a better fit for Barca because of his passing accuracy.

Im merely trying to say you'd need to just watch those players to get a grip of what kind of player he is or how good is his passing etc
When you are scouting a young player, stats should be the last thing on your agenda to form your basis of judgement.Its nothing more than an enhancing tool.
Thats why you have stats like forward passes and key passes and when you look at Marchisio you get the idea what kind of passer he is

Jun 6, 2015

:tup: That's something I agree with.

Marchisio would fit Barca like a glove by the way ;)

CrimsonianKing

U can't expect an Inexperienced team like Juventus
Jan 16, 2013

:tup:

Eyes > stats. Always. Watching and paying attention to what he does with the ball and how he positions himself and deals with different situations, That's how you tell. I don't give two shits about stats. Every single stat can be misleading.

Apr 19, 2007
Also just watching him in situations is misleading without the stats. Certin players play great but just dont help the team win in the end. Do a whole lot but not in the score department or in stopping them from scoring. Both are needed and both are used. Stats became a big part of scouting after the Jaap Stam transfer away from Man United. Apparently it was one of the first based on stats and value

Nenz

Apr 17, 2008
Had to rub one out earlier watching this video. And I can now say with absolute confidence, this kid has the right stuff.

I hope Marotta pays up for him, because that would mean he is the real deal. I trust just about any move Marotta and Paratici make at the moment.

Osman

Koul Khara!
Aug 30, 2002
Had to rub one out earlier watching this video. And I can now say with absolute confidence, this kid has the right stuff.

I hope Marotta pays up for him, because that would mean he is the real deal. I trust just about any move Marotta and Paratici make at the moment.
Khedira sweating buckets watching that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)