And you thought that inter fans were all inbreds..... (4 Viewers)

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
Oh my God! I don't think I've see anything more disturbing in my life. These people are worse looking than West Virginia trailer trash. What's funnier is that the posters on that site were actually saluting these people.

Buy on AliExpress.com

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
I wasn't referring to you particularly. All I was saying is that Hearts have their own bigoted element and they are loyalist.
It's ironic that the're called "loyalists". The so called loyalists were actually supporters of William of Orange (Dutch royalty) as opposed to the Scottish King James, whom the Jacobites supported.

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
in the bigger and more recent scheme of things it's more of an appelation for supporters of the union
The union of what? King James VI of Scotland (the Stuarts) inherited the English thone, when Elizabeth I of England died without an heir. The truth of the matter is that the English did not like: -
1) A Scot ruling over them (racists) and
2) The Stuarts were prepared to allow catholics to practise their religion & the English court did not like that, because, since Henry VIII (Tudor) changed the to protestantism & declared himself the head of the church of England, he & his cronies had been looting (catholic) churches of their silver/gold and items of value & divided the spoils between them. This was something they did not want to give up.
In the time of Elizabeth (1558) & for decades later, catholics were persecuted in England & if anyone was caught hiding a priest on their property, the entire family was put to death. Many were put to death simply because they were catholics.
When the (mainly protestant) English occupied Northern Ireland, they treat the (mainly catholic) indigenous people badly. So badly that the hatred known as bigotry was here to stay.Today, Sinn Fein & their various cohorts are mainly catholic & the Unionists or loyalists are mainly protestant. This hatred has been passed down through the generations for centuries.
Later when Irish immigrants, came to Scotland, they brought the bigotry with them & they have been passed down from parents to children.
That's why we have bigotry in our country.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
I was referring to the loyalists in terms of the modern context of the protestants who want Northern Ireland to be part of the UK. I am aware of the history of them and why Rangers refer to themselves as the 'billy boys' as in the followers of William of Orange.

It is necessary to be generally aware of the Protestant-Catholic conflicts to be able to properly abuse Rangers and Celtic fans in the way that will piss them off the most.

Before anyone says it not all Old Firm fans are religious or bigoted but a fair amount of them still are.

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
It is really good to know that people with no connection to Scottish football also realise that Rangers are to be despised.

Couple of wins and the mighty dons will overtake the forces of darkness and move into the CL places.

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
The union of what? King James VI of Scotland (the Stuarts) inherited the English thone, when Elizabeth I of England died without an heir. The truth of the matter is that the English did not like: -
1) A Scot ruling over them (racists) and
2) The Stuarts were prepared to allow catholics to practise their religion & the English court did not like that, because, since Henry VIII (Tudor) changed the to protestantism & declared himself the head of the church of England, he & his cronies had been looting (catholic) churches of their silver/gold and items of value & divided the spoils between them. This was something they did not want to give up.
In the time of Elizabeth (1558) & for decades later, catholics were persecuted in England & if anyone was caught hiding a priest on their property, the entire family was put to death. Many were put to death simply because they were catholics.
When the (mainly protestant) English occupied Northern Ireland, they treat the (mainly catholic) indigenous people badly. So badly that the hatred known as bigotry was here to stay.Today, Sinn Fein & their various cohorts are mainly catholic & the Unionists or loyalists are mainly protestant. This hatred has been passed down through the generations for centuries.
Later when Irish immigrants, came to Scotland, they brought the bigotry with them & they have been passed down from parents to children.
That's why we have bigotry in our country.
thanks for the little history lesson :) but as my post suggested by usage of " its more recent" to union here is reaction to secession, very similar to american civil war. And for the record Edward( henry's son) was the first protestant monarch of england ;)

AngelaL

Jinx Minx
Aug 25, 2006
thanks for the little history lesson :) but as my post suggested by usage of " its more recent" to union here is reaction to secession, very similar to american civil war. And for the record Edward( henry's son) was the first protestant monarch of england ;)
Oh, I understood your point, Altair, but IMO the word loyalist has been hijacked.
Yes, Edward was born & brought up as a protestant & he inherited his father's throne. He was succeeded however by Mary (bloody Mary) who tried to force the country back to catholicism, & then Elizabeth, who was even worse than Mary BTW & who used even more force to make the country "protestant".

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)