Ancelotti opens door to Del Piero (3 Viewers)

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002
++ [ originally posted by Eaglesnake_1 ] ++
Do i think my opinion matter to you???

Please...im shure you dont matter at all..... about nothing.
It doesnt seems your brain cells are interconnected...
don't tell me all these hate is because he doesn't like del piero:rolleyes:

giovanotti

ONE MAN ARMY
Aug 13, 2004
++ [ originally posted by Jeeks ] ++

This does not matter, he was comparing two players and you replied to him about 2 others.
I just mentioned Cassano to state that the size is not so important.
Vieri is not good solution for the NT because he really can't score.He is totally lost in the field,playing for Azzurri.But it looks that Vieri is going to get the place in the starting 11 playing for milan.Gila will be the sub,Ithink while first option is going to be vieri and Sheva.

JCK

Biased
JCK
May 11, 2004
++ [ originally posted by giovanotti ] ++

I just mentioned Cassano to state that the size is not so important.
Vieri is not good solution for the NT because he really can't score.He is totally lost in the field,playing for Azzurri.But it looks that Vieri is going to get the place in the starting 11 playing for milan.Gila will be the sub,Ithink while first option is going to be vieri and Sheva.
Whatever you think about Vieri, I have already told you on how you reply. Let it end. Adios.

Eaglesnake_1

Mar 28, 2004
++ [ originally posted by snoop ] ++

don't tell me all these hate is because he doesn't like del piero:rolleyes:
snoppy, first i dont hate menace or anybody in here, this is a place for fun and share opinion with fellow members.

It was my fault, a senseless joke that was wrong received. Apologies to Menace for my rude worlds..

And it was not provoked because he doesnt like del piero. im interested and read many post of members that doesnt like delpiero and i consider their opinion very valid. i even agree with some of them...

But my biggest mistake was to forget that primitive, senseless or simply dumb positing is also welcome here, because we all have the same right to express our opinion. And thats very good.

Zlaty, scusi, i will behave...

Holygr4le

Aug 4, 2005

snoppy, first i dont hate menace or anybody in here, this is a place for fun and share opinion with fellow members.

It was my fault, a senseless joke that was wrong received. Apologies to Menace for my rude worlds..

And it was not provoked because he doesnt like del piero. im interested and read many post of members that doesnt like delpiero and i consider their opinion very valid. i even agree with some of them...

But my biggest mistake was to forget that primitive, senseless or simply dumb positing is also welcome here, because we all have the same right to express our opinion. And thats very good.

Applause!

nedved34

Oct 3, 2002

:thumb:

btw don't ever call me snoppy again,that's not a good thing (in swedish ) ask Marty :D

Menace

Apr 22, 2005

No worries and since when posting crap has gone out of style.

neved11

Jul 18, 2005
Opinion: Why Alex should leave Juve… Source: Channel4.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another season begins and Alessandro Del Piero remains an enigma who divides fans and critics alike. Football Italia asks whether this summer would have been the perfect time to leave Juventus.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In 1998, Pinturicchio was the Golden Boy of Italian football and seemingly could do no wrong, pushing Roberto Baggio out of Turin so that he could take on his mantle. A few months later a devastating knee injury snapped several ligaments and to this day he has never fully recovered - at least, not psychologically.

Confidence is all-important in the modern game and too often we have seen players of great talent suddenly lose the ability to complete even the simplest tasks. All it takes sometimes is a goal or a lucky break to bring it all back, but Del Piero seems to be in a vicious circle from which he cannot escape.

For so many years now, the moment he begins to rediscover his confidence and form, a minor injury forces him on the sidelines and he must start the draining process all over again.

Yet he has now run into another major stumbling block in the shape of Fabio Capello. The Coach did the unimaginable last season and repeatedly left the club captain, the very symbol of the Bianconeri, on the bench.

Almost worst still than watching from the wings was to walk off the pitch early, made perfectly aware that he was a tactical risk for a team that wanted success. Del Piero made that walk of shame 20 times and every single one showed in the heartbreak etched on his features. This was not a man being helped to regain his confidence. This was a once great player being ritually humiliated.

With Zlatan Ibrahimovic taking on a deeper role and Adrian Mutu able to play out wide, it’s inevitable that the most likely pairing Capello will stick by is that of the Swede and target man David Trezeguet. It’s no secret that Antonio Cassano is on his way to Turin sooner or later, so why should the captain wait around for another annus horribilis?

The moment Del Piero’s name was left out of the team sheet handed in for the Italian Super Cup against Inter, his fate was sealed. If he doesn’t move on now, he can give up any hope of getting into the World Cup squad for Germany 2006.

The Rossoneri side of the San Siro is shining like a light at the end of the tunnel and Carlo Ancelotti’s call could push him to take that first step. It would be a traumatic decision to tear himself away from the club after 12 years as its representative, but Alessandro Nesta has already shown that you can start again at Milan and find a new identity.

"There are many players I have trained and would gladly work with again. Del Piero is one of them because he is a consummate professional and it’s always a pleasure for a Coach to deal with that kind of person," said Carlo Ancelotti recently. "The doors to the Milanello training ground are always open for him."

The Rossoneri have become something of a safe haven for those who feel hard done by in their club lives. Marcos Cafu was all set for a free transfer to Japan when the call came. Clarence Seedorf and Andrea Pirlo were declared flops by Inter and released without a second thought. On the strength of his pre-season performances, Christian Vieri is ready to prove his doubters wrong with a hard-working and committed campaign.

Could Del Piero benefit from the same change of scenery? Would his creativity suddenly be released by a team less obsessed with defensive structure? Is all that’s lacking simply the knowledge that his Coach and teammates believe in him? There’s only one way to find out and, about to turn 31 years of age in November, it’s the right time for Del Piero to take the plunge.

Words: Susy Campanale

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)