An Open Letter- What Juventus Means to Me (1 Viewer)

Jem83

maitre'd at Canal Bar
Nov 7, 2005
Great posts, @CR 7 and @Hustini. It's been a privilege to be here alongside you, and all you other loonies on this forum, for 12-13 years. I've taken some timeouts from posting, but in those times I was always lurking. It's a fantastic community, and I love you all.

Here's to a lifetime of Tuz :beer:

We'll post till we croak!

Forza Juve!
Fuck Maher!

OP
KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #144
    @CR 7 @Hustini

I dropped a tear
    Great posts, @CR 7 and @Hustini. It's been a privilege to be here alongside you, and all you other loonies on this forum, for 12-13 years. I've taken some timeouts from posting, but in those times I was always lurking. It's a fantastic community, and I love you all.

Here's to a lifetime of Tuz :beer:

We'll post till we croak!

Forza Juve!
    Fuck Maher!
    Thanks guys :touched:

Awesome work, Cam :tup:

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #147
    :tup:

And you named your son after Licht :touched: :heart:

- - - Updated - - -

...shouldn't it be July 10th, 2018 in your signature though?
    #1) My son is named after my wife's brother, who passed away when he was 5. His middle name is in honor of ADP.
    #2) That date is my son's birthday.

Wittl

Contributor
    Feb 21, 2017
    #1) My son is named after my wife's brother, who passed away when he was 5. His middle name is in honor of ADP.
    #2) That date is my son's birthday.
    #1) That's a sad story... and a nice touch.
    #2) That was a joke, because I guessed so and because you told yesterday that your wife said, you're more excited about Ronaldos announcement than about your sons birth.

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #152
    #1) That's a sad story... and a nice touch.
    #2) That was a joke, because I guessed so and because you told yesterday that your wife said, you're more excited about Ronaldos announcement than about your sons birth.
    All good :D

.zero

★ ★ ★
    Aug 8, 2006
    I joined what feels like a very long time ago, man how time flies spending so much time with you clowns on this forum. What is the combined about of time we collectively have all spent on this forum?

It's been a long frustrating and exciting but always emotional ride on this train and never once have I thought about jumping off. A lot of members have come and gone, it always amazes me how the oldie but goodies are in this for life: Sergio, Dru, Sheik, Mark, Osman, JCK, Marty, Martin, Greg, Aaron, X (aka God -Saron - White Wizard, whatever, he still infracts me)...too many to name but those of us that have been here for over a decade...I salute all of you and pat you on the backs. Its' been fucking fun.

This club...from the ruthlessness of the Moggi era and all that splendor to the chaos of the Blanc/Secco days to the absolute Terminator T-1000 shapeshifting warlords of the Agnelli, Thanos and Paratici days we live in now...its like the promised land has arrived. All that's missing is the CL and the club has heard our cries...the goal...the NUMBER ONE GOAL of this club is no longer the League/Coppa and "see how far we get in the CL"...its officially the CL. That's the dream, that's what this club has been designed to do.

We have seen a new stadium. We have seen Del Piero and Buffon come and go, legends hang up their boots and suit up like the super heroes they were to us in a coat and tie to work for the club to keep its colors flying around the world. We all buy jerseys and help keep the machine running even if what we contribute is a drop in the bucket, it's still in our own way giving back to the club.

Many of you boys have had kids, posted their beautiful pictures wearing the club colors like a fucking badge of honor and perhaps one day they will take over the accounts of their "old men", who knows God help us if that ever happened. What I'm trying to say is, Juventus and what it means to us is being passed to a new generation. What's incredible to me is none of us live in the actually city of the club we love and never get to see them live but we don't care we stream the hell out of matches on grainy/choppy/poor pixilated screens sitting in our underwear at all different times of the day depending on where we live.

To all the Autrailians that have to wake up at 2, 3, 4am to watch games...you guys are fucking insane, which makes sense, you're Aussies...literally everything on that island can kill you so good on you :tup:.

I miss the days on XBOX chat with Kyle and Sergio...where everytime Marchisio touched the ball I screamed and Sergio said I sound like a teenage girl at Bieber concert...he was probably right, Kyle will confirm.

We have some serious dickheads on this forum, but liek all dickheads there is usually something in them that draws us all together, that being the club.

As I've said, my wife is heading to Northern Italy as we speak..her mission is 4 jerseys..one for me, one for her and 2 for my little girls. As my girls get older, I hope I can somehow instill in them the passion for the same club as their dad...they always come and sit next to me when I'm watching...when they see me putting on my jersey they know a game is starting soon and they get excited. That's the way it should be. Sergio gets it. Dru now gets it (congrats again buddy), Patrick gets it, all the dads here get it.

I've enjoyed sharing the laughter, tears, anger, and angst with all of you. Yes, ALL of you, because whether or not we are on the same side on Tuz I can pretty much guarantee at one point or another we were on the same side at some point and enjoyed some good times.

I wish you all the best this upcoming season. Let's all pray to whatever God we pray to (some none, pray to a tree I don't care) that our physios can keep as many players healthy as possible, I don't like keeping count of the injuries anymore.

Special shout-out to DUKAC...every thread opened will be like a badge of fucking honor with your name on it that I'll proudly wear. I'll do my best opening threads on time but this year will present some challenges as many of you know with my job doesn't make it easy but I'll try to keep the machine that is Tuz running the way its supposed to on matchdays.

To the admins and our newest one Mark (congrats, well deserved) thank you for keeping this baby afloat during those invasion days when shit hits the digital fan :D
    @CR 7 @Kyle @Jem83 @Bianconero_Aus @Osman @JCK @Dru @zizinho @Mark @Marty @GordoDeCentral

and all of the rest of you I usually mention :p
    :touched:

I love you all

Even the lames I spend most of my time now trolling

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    I joined what feels like a very long time ago, man how time flies spending so much time with you clowns on this forum. What is the combined about of time we collectively have all spent on this forum?

It's been a long frustrating and exciting but always emotional ride on this train and never once have I thought about jumping off. A lot of members have come and gone, it always amazes me how the oldie but goodies are in this for life: Sergio, Dru, Sheik, Mark, Osman, JCK, Marty, Martin, Greg, Aaron, X (aka God -Saron - White Wizard, whatever, he still infracts me)...too many to name but those of us that have been here for over a decade...I salute all of you and pat you on the backs. Its' been fucking fun.

This club...from the ruthlessness of the Moggi era and all that splendor to the chaos of the Blanc/Secco days to the absolute Terminator T-1000 shapeshifting warlords of the Agnelli, Thanos and Paratici days we live in now...its like the promised land has arrived. All that's missing is the CL and the club has heard our cries...the goal...the NUMBER ONE GOAL of this club is no longer the League/Coppa and "see how far we get in the CL"...its officially the CL. That's the dream, that's what this club has been designed to do.

We have seen a new stadium. We have seen Del Piero and Buffon come and go, legends hang up their boots and suit up like the super heroes they were to us in a coat and tie to work for the club to keep its colors flying around the world. We all buy jerseys and help keep the machine running even if what we contribute is a drop in the bucket, it's still in our own way giving back to the club.

Many of you boys have had kids, posted their beautiful pictures wearing the club colors like a fucking badge of honor and perhaps one day they will take over the accounts of their "old men", who knows God help us if that ever happened. What I'm trying to say is, Juventus and what it means to us is being passed to a new generation. What's incredible to me is none of us live in the actually city of the club we love and never get to see them live but we don't care we stream the hell out of matches on grainy/choppy/poor pixilated screens sitting in our underwear at all different times of the day depending on where we live.

To all the Autrailians that have to wake up at 2, 3, 4am to watch games...you guys are fucking insane, which makes sense, you're Aussies...literally everything on that island can kill you so good on you :tup:.

I miss the days on XBOX chat with Kyle and Sergio...where everytime Marchisio touched the ball I screamed and Sergio said I sound like a teenage girl at Bieber concert...he was probably right, Kyle will confirm.

We have some serious dickheads on this forum, but liek all dickheads there is usually something in them that draws us all together, that being the club.

As I've said, my wife is heading to Northern Italy as we speak..her mission is 4 jerseys..one for me, one for her and 2 for my little girls. As my girls get older, I hope I can somehow instill in them the passion for the same club as their dad...they always come and sit next to me when I'm watching...when they see me putting on my jersey they know a game is starting soon and they get excited. That's the way it should be. Sergio gets it. Dru now gets it (congrats again buddy), Patrick gets it, all the dads here get it.

I've enjoyed sharing the laughter, tears, anger, and angst with all of you. Yes, ALL of you, because whether or not we are on the same side on Tuz I can pretty much guarantee at one point or another we were on the same side at some point and enjoyed some good times.

I wish you all the best this upcoming season. Let's all pray to whatever God we pray to (some none, pray to a tree I don't care) that our physios can keep as many players healthy as possible, I don't like keeping count of the injuries anymore.

Special shout-out to DUKAC...every thread opened will be like a badge of fucking honor with your name on it that I'll proudly wear. I'll do my best opening threads on time but this year will present some challenges as many of you know with my job doesn't make it easy but I'll try to keep the machine that is Tuz running the way its supposed to on matchdays.

To the admins and our newest one Mark (congrats, well deserved) thank you for keeping this baby afloat during those invasion days when shit hits the digital fan :D
    @CR 7 @Kyle @Jem83 @Bianconero_Aus @Osman @JCK @Dru @zizinho @Mark @Marty @GordoDeCentral

Thanks for the hot mention, brother. It's been an honor to meet you in the flesh. :nico:

OP
    KB824

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
  • Thread Starter #158
    Almost 12 years ago to the day, I felt that I needed to do something. I needed to express how I felt. I needed to show those here who I considered my friends that I cried with you, I suffered with you. Suffered through the most dramatic and roller coaster filled couple of weeks in that summer of 2006 when an Italy squad comprised of so many of our heroes wore the jersey that won the World Cup, a month after we had captured yet another scudetto.

And then it all came crashing down, like an atomic bomb landing on an anthill. So much emotional devastation. Confusion. Sadness. Hopelessness. Wondering aloud, and to ourselves, whether we would even want to show our love and pride for our team anymore.

So I wrote something. Something from my heart. A story,so to speak. A story of how I came to be as a Juventino going on my 43rd year now. About how I was still honored, still very much in love with my old lady. How I could never leave her, even if it was purely understandable if I did.

And so many of you took my words as strength,as possibly some sort of inspiration to keep going. I take great honor in that.

In the last paragraph, I wrote how if the time came that I would have a child, and I would buy him/her a Juve kit, how my child should never feel ashamed or feel as if they look like a zebra. How these colors are the most beautiful colors that belong to the most beautiful team in the world, and how those colors will be woven into your soul, just as it happened to the 4 generations that came before you.

I looked at my son, watching Air Buddies on Netflix, his long curly hear, gorgeous brown eyes, and with a smile that can light a city, looking back at me, smiling. He could tell that something big, something groundbreaking, life changing, intensely moving, was happening.

I told him "Stephen Alexander, we just got the best football player in the world."

He said "Daddy!!!! Puppies!!!!" :lol:

I knew what he meant though. He shared my joy. He had a sense of what had just taken place.

After nearly 12 years of trials and tribulations, of being demoted, coming back up, having to start from scratch, fighting and clawing our way to 7 consecutive scudetti, 2 Champions League Finals, 4 straight Coppa Italia victories, and now, acquiring the BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD.

We are back :touched: We are back on the world stage. We are back on the minds, lips, and in the eyes of every single football fan in the world. Casual and Hardcore.

Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE knows our name now.

We are now, what we were in 2006.

We are truly among the best teams in the world again. A destination for the world's best. A symbol of excellence, elegance, style, determination, and heart.

And I have been so fortunate to share it with all of you, and now I get it to share it with my son.

I thank you. That is all I can say. Thank you.
    In case anyone missed what I had typed yesterday before the Red Herring decided to hijack my shit.

You dick :rofl:

Osman

Koul Khara!
    Aug 30, 2002

@<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=1825" target="_blank">CR 7</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=7208" target="_blank">Kyle</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=4563" target="_blank">Jem83</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=11593" target="_blank">Bianconero_Aus</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=271" target="_blank">Osman</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=2475" target="_blank">JCK</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=6894" target="_blank">Dru</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=18291" target="_blank">zizinho</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=2046" target="_blank">Mark</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=3974" target="_blank">Marty</a> @<a href="http://www.juventuz.com/member.php?u=3678" target="_blank">GordoDeCentral</a>

Knowah

Pool's Closed Due to Aids
    Jan 28, 2013
    In case anyone missed what I had typed yesterday before the Red Herring decided to hijack my $#@!.

You $#@! :rofl:
    A great message.

Though I'm somebody who has predominantly lurked here, I can still attest to a lot of the emotions you speak of. What a time to be alive!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)