American NFL Football (17 Viewers)

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sergio said:
Andrew, as a Ford owner, I am highly offended by your disgraceful avatar. :D

Oh, guess who got a speeding ticket this weekend for going 105 mph in a 65 mph zone??

Thank the Lord that he only put down that I was going 75mph. He asked me where I was going so fast, and I said "home", and he said, "Well, home isn't going anywhere, now is it??" Damn those Massachusetts state troopers and their logic.
:lol2: Dude, I told you to get a radar detector. In the end of the day it's a good investment.

Hell, they should just make those standard on car models that have 180 horses or higher.

Buy on AliExpress.com
OP
Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #223
    Sergio said:
    Now, the problem is the other 3 spots.
    For my RB's and WR's, I need to pick a combination of 4, as long as I have at least 1 selected in either spot. So, I could go with T. Jones against Green Bay, or Corey Dillon against the Jets. Gado is out of the question against Da Bears.

For WR, I could take fitzgerald against SF, or Galloway against NO

For Defense, it would be Atlanta against Carolina, or Arizona against SF, especially since Alex smith is starting for the Niners.
    If Dillon is healthy I would start him. Green Bay has some big run stuffers up front. On the other hand, the Bears will run a lot with Orton, so it's tough.

The last time I watched Galloway he got one reception. Fitzgerald would defintely be my pick.

I think I would pick Arizona's D. Smith is a sack/fumble machine. Carolina has Smith, and several other good players. Can't really see who SF has.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #229
    Altair said:
    how about them bears?? With grossman back in the lineup no one can deny that they're for real
    Grossman's gonna snap like a twig within a month or two. The Falcons are up and down, I still say the Bears are all D.

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Bears and Vikings are both pieces of shit. However, the Bears are classy outfit whereas the Vikings are just scum. Good luck to the Bears in the playoffs, and let's all piss on the vikings. Cheers to my fellow NFC North brothers.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #232
    Altair said:
    Spoken like a true Vike fan :D btw my sincerest regrets on missing the playoffs this year lol
    Yeah, we're not gonna make it. We've lost to pretty much all of our wildcard rivals. I'll give the Bears credit, they've clearly been the best team in the North, and really deserves their playoffs spot. I had no idea how good the team was, and they've impressed. I'll think you'll do some damage in the playoffs, but I don't think you'll make it to the bowl.
    Padovano said:
    Bears and Vikings are both pieces of shit. However, the Bears are classy outfit whereas the Vikings are just scum. Good luck to the Bears in the playoffs, and let's all piss on the vikings. Cheers to my fellow NFC North brothers.
    What's up with the Vikings hate? I think our new owner is classy, we'll shake off the Whizzinator/coochie cruise image one day. It's weird to see people really hatin' on us, mostly due to all those Superbowls we've lost.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #234
    Zé Tahir said:
    Redskins, have a chance though, after that sweet rapage of the Cowboys :D
    Yeah, watched the game, the Redskins looked good. Their OL looked fantastic, Brunell had a lot of time. Santana Moss also looked very sharp, I guess they're happy with that trade.

I've read a lot about Gregg Williams leaving, how much do you think that's gonna hurt? Also, that stadium was enormous! Do they fill that up most of the time?

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
    Dec 10, 2004
    Torkel said:
    Yeah, watched the game, the Redskins looked good. Their OL looked fantastic, Brunell had a lot of time. Santana Moss also looked very sharp, I guess they're happy with that trade.

I've read a lot about Gregg Williams leaving, how much do you think that's gonna hurt? Also, that stadium was enormous! Do they fill that up most of the time?
    I haven't heard too much about him leaving, b/c I haven't been following the games lately, but from what I hear, it's not final at this moment. They were talking about how his family is so settled in the Washington are and his son going to school here.. bla bla so he's most likely to stay, but man if he leaves..:disagree: i dono. He has added a lot of strength to their defense.

I think the stadium fills up pretty good every game, but was filled up exceptionally alot this past sunday b/c of the "big rivalry".

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #236
    Zé Tahir said:
    I haven't heard too much about him leaving, b/c I haven't been following the games lately, but from what I hear, it's not final at this moment. They were talking about how his family is so settled in the Washington are and his son going to school here.. bla bla so he's most likely to stay, but man if he leaves..:disagree: i dono. He has added a lot of strength to their defense.
    Yeah, I heard that about his family, it was on Fox, right?

I think he will leave, as there are so many teams needing head coaches next year, as he is bound to get some great offers.

I don't know the capacity of a lot of stadiums, but Fedex field has to be one of the biggest. I can't see a lot of teams beating 90.000. Or?

The Pado

Filthy Gobbo
    Jul 12, 2002
    Torkel said:
    What's up with the Vikings hate? I think our new owner is classy, we'll shake off the Whizzinator/coochie cruise image one day. It's weird to see people really hatin' on us, mostly due to all those Superbowls we've lost.

It's been a couple hundred years since the Vikings have seen the Super Bowl, so I doubt there is any ligering hate about that. No it's quite a simple formula: Love Green Bay, Hate Minnesota.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #238
    Padovano said:
    It's been a couple hundred years since the Vikings have seen the Super Bowl, so I doubt there is any ligering hate about that. No it's quite a simple formula: Love Green Bay, Hate Minnesota.
    Ah, you're a Green Bay fan, I see. It's ok then. Are you originally from Wisconsin or thereabouts?

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Torkel said:
    But I liked those Bud Grant-era Vikings.

But then you know my story, Torkel. The dome wimp, Dallas-SuperBowl-trophy-charity-for-Herschel-Walker Vikings of 15 years ago were so egregiously repulsive that I don't know if I could ever forgive them for it. I have written off any chance of supporting them ever since.

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #240
    swag said:
    But then you know my story, Torkel. The dome wimp, Dallas-SuperBowl-trophy-charity-for-Herschel-Walker Vikings of 15 years ago were so egregiously repulsive that I don't know if I could ever forgive them for it. I have written off any chance of supporting them ever since.
    Yeah, I know the story. :D Some rumours say that our new stadium won't even a have a retractable roof, would that help, our is the dome image harder to shake off? As a Norwegian I certainly would like to see the team play in the cold, but I'm surprised by the sentiments of the fans who can actually attend games. All of the fans that I've encountered wants them to play outside, something that's obviously less comfortable for the fans, as well as opponents.

I obviously wasn't around when the Walker trade happened, but it certainly seems like we screwed up on that one. Was afraid that the Moss trade would pan out terrible a well, but looks like a pretty fair trade so far.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 16)