American NFL Football (42 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Well, its the truth.

They've been screwing up for decades now. Ever since 1984 when they totally blew the Billy Sims injury diagnosis, and cost the guy his career, to lucking out and drafting Barry Sanders 3rd in '89, because the Packers were too stupid to realize that Tony Mandarich was a walking ad for steroids, to the last 5 years when they give a guy with no front office experience like Matt Millen carte blanche of the front office operations, to drafting not one, not two, but THREE wide receivers in the first round the last three seasons, totally ignoring one of the worst offensive lines in football in the process.

Gee, can you tell that the Lions are my 2nd favourite team???

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
lol tbh and i might get scorched on this, it's the whole city of Detroit, which kinda got stuck in time, that needs help. Maybe it's time the US used more protectionist policies to protect its industries, coz it's really not just a Detroit problem i mean just look at our deficit for crying out loud. Anyhoo can you tell I'm a bears fan :D

Il Fenomeno

Nov 27, 2005
Anyone watch the Seahawks-Giants game last night?

Man what a class game. The Giants tie it up 21-21 with a touchdown in the last minute and then get the ball back and still have time to miss a field goal so the game goes to overtime. They then proceed to miss another 2 field goals which allows the Seahawks to win with a field goal of their own!!

The best game I've seen this season. :D

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sergio said:
1 playoff victory in the 42 years that the Ford family has owned the franchise.

Yep.

Blame Mariucci for this one, too
Just like Internazionale, leadership starts at the top and when you fvcking suck for years and years and years you know exactly who is to blame. The Ford Family is the Moratti Family of American football and when you do absolutely nothing over the span of 42 years you don't deserve to own a club despite your foundations in Detroit and Dearborn. I would rather have these assclowns sell the Lions to another fvcking city so their ineptness doesn't fvck over Motown anymore.

42 years of inept football...22 years of shitty automobiles and fraudulent trade practices.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Mariucci is one pathetic joke of a coach as well...Williams and others are still trying to figure out how to practice under your control? Is that a joke? You're a disgrace to football and a disgrace to Northern Michigan University.

Matt Millen? This guy must have had his head smashed too many times during his career to remember the best players don't always come from the Big Ten or Pac Ten...fvcking idiot. Can't believe this illiterate dolt graduated from Penn State as well, however he fits right in with those imbeciles at Ford.

Again, I hope Millen and Bill Jr.'s Ford 500 breaks down on Seven Mile and Hoover. Let those two jokes experiance a taste of their own medicine.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Allright, I need help.

Here's the team

QB's- E. Manning, Collins, Favre (pick 1)

RB's- L. Johnson, C. Dillon, T. Jones, S. Gado (pick 2)

WR- Harrison, M. Jones, L. Fitzgerald, J. Galloway (pick 2)

TE's- Shockey, and it doesn't really matter because I'm picking Shockey

K's- N. Rackers, M. Vanderjagt (pick 1)

Def- Arizona, Atlanta (pick 1)

The matchups this week for these guys are insane. We could set a new record this week with points scored.

It looks like we're definitely going with

Manning
L. Johnson
M. Harrison
Shockey
N. Rackers

Now, the problem is the other 3 spots.
For my RB's and WR's, I need to pick a combination of 4, as long as I have at least 1 selected in either spot. So, I could go with T. Jones against Green Bay, or Corey Dillon against the Jets. Gado is out of the question against Da Bears.

For WR, I could take fitzgerald against SF, or Galloway against NO

For Defense, it would be Atlanta against Carolina, or Arizona against SF, especially since Alex smith is starting for the Niners.

Oh God, what do I do. Also, keep in mind that the person I am helping with this squad is stunningly beautiful. :D

Not that it should factor into your decision at all

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
For RB T. Jones
For WR larry Fitzgerald who's gonna have a field day against SF, believe it or not NO has a good secondary.
The D is the tricky one but i'd still go with Atlanta.
Hope that helps and good luck.

N.B: btw i'm 9-3 in my league :D with both my first and second round picks out

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Altair said:
For RB T. Jones
For WR larry Fitzgerald who's gonna have a field day against SF, believe it or not NO has a good secondary.
The D is the tricky one but i'd still go with Atlanta.
Hope that helps and good luck.

N.B: btw i'm 9-3 in my league :D with both my first and second round picks out

NO's secondary really that good?? Have they played any high powered offenses though?

The Jets don't count. Remember, Brady had a field day against NO two weeks ago.

Anyway, you can understand the conundrum that we're in.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Andrew, as a Ford owner, I am highly offended by your disgraceful avatar. :D

Oh, guess who got a speeding ticket this weekend for going 105 mph in a 65 mph zone??

Thank the Lord that he only put down that I was going 75mph. He asked me where I was going so fast, and I said "home", and he said, "Well, home isn't going anywhere, now is it??" Damn those Massachusetts state troopers and their logic.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Sergio said:
NO's secondary really that good?? Have they played any high powered offenses though?

The Jets don't count. Remember, Brady had a field day against NO two weeks ago.

Anyway, you can understand the conundrum that we're in.
NOs is definitely better than a depleted San Fran secondary.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 40)