American NFL Football (21 Viewers)

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
++ [ originally posted by Altair ] ++

it really wasnt that big of a deal since on field goal special teams it's mostly linemen so once spun to go the other way it was no biggie. Bears on a 5 game win streak now that's a feat worht talking about :D
I don't know about it being a "no biggie". I can't even tell you the last time I saw someone return a field goal, let alone for a 108-yard touchdown as time expired.

But da Bears 6-3? They have to be the most godawful 6-3 team in NFL history. That is definitely a feat worth talking about.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Altair said:
A correction of this assessment is due Mr. swag ;)
Certainly. How's this?:

But da Bears 7-3? They have to be the most godawful 7-3 team in NFL history. That is definitely a feat worth talking about.

(For the record, the Bears are my favorite NFL team. ;) )

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Altair said:
I know you are :) but the game today proved that they might just have the best D in the league. Blanking an offense like that is a feat worth of a division leader.
Don't get me wrong. I love the D. A Bears squad that didn't intimidate through defense would be criminal. But as Capello proves, you can't live on D alone.

In the days of Doug Plank, for whom the old 46 Bear defense was named after, I don't mind losing an occasional game to an opponent -- as long as the winners come away with some serious bruises and pain to remember us for the next time we play them. :devil:

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
Zé Tahir said:
Colts have the best D in the league imo

(atleast according to my fantasy team :D )
You may want to check again, Zé T. In many leagues the Bears are tops, and after Cincy lit Indy up for 37 this weekend, that will become even more clear.

Damn. My fantasy squad completely cratered this weekend. Talk about universal underachievement across the board... :sick:

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
swag said:
Don't get me wrong. I love the D. A Bears squad that didn't intimidate through defense would be criminal. But as Capello proves, you can't live on D alone.

In the days of Doug Plank, for whom the old 46 Bear defense was named after, I don't mind losing an occasional game to an opponent -- as long as the winners come away with some serious bruises and pain to remember us for the next time we play them. :devil:

And thats exactly why we love our monsters of the midway. It's also an achievement to be where they are with a third round rook at QB. Props to lovie and turner.

Zé Tahir

JhoolayLaaaal!
Dec 10, 2004
swag said:
You may want to check again, Zé T. In many leagues the Bears are tops, and after Cincy lit Indy up for 37 this weekend, that will become even more clear.

Damn. My fantasy squad completely cratered this weekend. Talk about universal underachievement across the board... :sick:
You're right. Bears followed by Colts and Carolina

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
RochemBeck said:
Stupid Lions can't even have a winning season in one of the weakest NFC North years in history...fvcking worthless.
I smell a conspiracy. Betcha the Detroit employee unions wanted to cash in on all the economics of hosting the Super Bowl but not risk having to miss to see their beloved Lions play in it because they're working the game. ;)

Well, at least that's the sort of conspiracy that would be spread in Italy. :p

OP
Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #196
    The Bears are impressing. Where did this Vasher dude come from?

The Colts are also great, does anyone think they can win them all? Starting to look like it, no?

Watched the Falcons-Bucs game yesterday, Vick has incredible arm strength. He "tossed" the ball 50 yards yesterday, it was insane.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    swag said:

How's this for a fantasy week??

Eli Manning
    Larry Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Matt Jones
    Jeremy Shockey
    Neil Rackers
    Cardinals Defense

and Sam Gado tonight

swag

L'autista
    Administrator
    Sep 23, 2003
    Sergio said:
    How's this for a fantasy week??

Eli Manning
    Larry Johnson
    Larry Fitzgerald
    Matt Jones
    Jeremy Shockey
    Neil Rackers
    Cardinals Defense

and Sam Gado tonight
    Far more tasteful than my

M. Brunell
    J. Galloway
    Ro. Williams
    T. Houshmandzadeh
    S. Jackson
    T. Jones
    A. Gates
    N. Rackers
    Carolina D

Injuries are just killing my top picks this season. And it figures that the only one of this week's bunch to score a TD, Gates, would go down as well.

Of a projected 71, I got 37. Time to carve some heads... :pumpkin:

OP
    Torkel

Torkel

f(s+1)=3((s +1)-1=3s
    Jul 12, 2002
  • Thread Starter #199
    I hope everybody tuned in for the Vikings' victory over the cheeseheads Monday night. Good win.

Seems like Mariucci is about to be sacked, good for the Lions I guess. I've been reading that Mike Williams stunk it up against Atlanta, that's what I like to hear (go Troy!). Guess that means they'll pick another WR in the first round...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)