American NFL Football (28 Viewers)

.zero

★ ★ ★
Aug 8, 2006
The tape shouldn't come because it was illegally filming nothing more than a private conversation he was having with a young woman in the room. Nothing else transpired. Thus the charges are false and makeshift lies

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
And tape matters, as John Mara taught us. Without it, you and your buddy Rogger can stash violence/assault in a closet somewhere and pretend it didn't happen, but once a video came out, oh boy did they do the right thing ...

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
All I want is for my niners to take Bosa and somehow also land AJ Brown.

We would be very fortunate if Brown slipped to 36. Hakeem Butler visited the 49ers a few days ago, and if he is there, I would love to see them take him. He's got all the physical tools and would be nightmare matchup in the red zone. He needs to tighten up his routes, though.

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
We would be very fortunate if Brown slipped to 36. Hakeem Butler visited the 49ers a few days ago, and if he is there, I would love to see them take him. He's got all the physical tools and would be nightmare matchup in the red zone. He needs to tighten up his routes, though.
I think we cant go wrong with Brown, Butler, or Deebo Samuel. But I really want Brown. haha.
Man, I just woke up from a nightmare where the Cardinals took Williams and we somehow passed on Bosa and he fell to like #7. hahaha. I don't remember who we picked in my dream. I think DK Metcalf. lol.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
First, it's Jason Kidd interviewing with the Lakers.

Then I find out our kicker has demanded a trade.

Our fucking KICKER :lol:

I'm not even going near the baseball thread. With my luck, Cody Bellinger will get injured and be lost for the season

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
First, it's Jason Kidd interviewing with the Lakers.

Then I find out our kicker has demanded a trade.

Our fucking KICKER :lol:

I'm not even going near the baseball thread. With my luck, Cody Bellinger will get injured and be lost for the season
Maybe Luke Walton sexually harassed him

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, the net spend that the Chiefs did with these trades basically comes out to Dee Ford and a 1st round pick for Frank Clark. And giving Frank Clark 64 million dollars guaranteed.

If John Lynch made this trade, I would have flown out to San Francisco and kicked him in the balls.

And Frank Clark has a DV history.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
So, the net spend that the Chiefs did with these trades basically comes out to Dee Ford and a 1st round pick for Frank Clark. And giving Frank Clark 64 million dollars guaranteed.

If John Lynch made this trade, I would have flown out to San Francisco and kicked him in the balls.

And Frank Clark has a DV history.
A ridiculous trade by the Chiefs, imo. In the end, what they are giving up for a Frank Clark is not that far off what the Bears gave up for Mack. Problem is, Clark is a good-to-very-good player. You think a well-run team like the Seahawks would be giving him up so readily if he was that special and irreplaceable?

What makes this trade even worse is that, in this coming draft, the DE class is very deep and talented. Watch the Seahawks find a player at least as good as Clark in the 2nd round even, let alone the 1st.

P.S. It's astounding to watch year after year teams talk themselves into being one desperate, and ultimately stupid, trade away from beating the Patriots. Teams that have given the Pats fits over the years are exclusively built thru the draft. Now the Chiefs finally feel what it's been like for the other AFC East teams trying to compete with the Pats for the last 18 years.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Not to mention the off field issues that this guy has. Have they not learned from Kareem Hunt and Tyreke Hill?

I was just dumbfounded. And of course Chiefs fans are trying to justify the trade by saying he is a much better player than Ford. Is he a better player? Yes. But he is not a much better player, and certainly not 64 million guaranteed better than Dee Ford. Not even close. And we are talking about a dude last year in Ford where he not only had 13 sacks, but led the league in quarterback pressures, and also had 7 forced fumbles.

You would think that the Chiefs got the 2nd coming of Lawrence Taylor, by how their fans are reacting.

- - - Updated - - -

Russell Wilson gave each member of the offensive line $12000.00 worth of Amazon stock.

That is fucking awesome

Last edited:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
That too. In fact, I have to wonder if the Chiefs aren't giving Clark the money they had designated for a T. Hill extension. Not sure they can afford extending Hill and Jones, on top of Clark, with a hefty Mahomes (should be close to 40-mil APY) contract looming within the next 2 years. That is, getting Clark might mean they are getting ready to move on from Hill.

To be perfectly honest, I am not the biggest Dee Ford fan, myself. Never thought all too highly of him and one year of great production, in a contract year, isn't gonna change the fact I thought the Chiefs reached big time for him in the 1st round of the 2014 draft, iirc. There is also the age factor and injury history with Ford.
The good thing with the his deal with 9ers is that it's basically a 1-2 year deal and you guys can cut ties relatively easily.

Clark I liked quite a bit as a player in the 2015 draft - talking purely football here, putting DV aside. But that was as a mid-to-late round propspect who I thought would outplay his draft position. Never thought a team would take him in the 2nd round but then again, I suppose the Seahawks didn't care about DV, etc.
Anyways, as I mentioned, he is a good-to-very good player, who reminds me of Chandler Jones - a player who isn't very good, inconsistent at best, vs the run and would rack-up stats in regular season games vs sub-par teams with mediocre OLs and LTs. Most certainly not a player, who'd take over games vs good teams, especially in the play-offs.

When it comes to trades in football, there are a lot of moving parts that make trades difficult to project. One factor that I always use, however, in evaluating a trade is looking at the team that is trading a player away. When a well-run organization is perfectly willing to let go of a player, the smart thing to do would be to take a break and ask yourself 'Why?'
Sure, every trade has it's particular circumstances and all, but overall, good teams don't move on from great/special players all too easily and readily.
Similarly, it's worth looking at the team that's trading FOR that player - are they well-run, are they desperate, etc, etc. Nothing breeds stupidity quite as well as desperation and illusion.

When a shitty team like the Raiders is willing to let go of a player like Khalil Mack, that's a totally diff story, of course. :p

As for Chiefs fans, they are a desperate bunch, who think they have caught a lightning in a bottle with Mahomes and the Patriots AFC reign is just a Frank Clark away from being done with ... Can't fault them for grasping at straws.
I would be a lot more concerned with the Chiefs if they still had John Dorsey as their GM. No one is perfect, of course, but Dorsey is one of very few NFL GMs, who actually know what they are doing. Look at all that talent the Chiefs currently have - all amassed by him. Since he lost the power struggle with Andy Reid, however, the Chiefs have made some pretty questionable moves.

Last edited:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Draft Day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's the most wonderful time.........of the year........................

When the Niners draft Bosa and all quarterbacks will be trembling with fear.............................

It's the most...................wonderful time..............................................of the year...................................................

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 26)