American NFL Football (42 Viewers)

Fientina

Marmaduke
Jul 1, 2012
Breshad perriman is a good pick for us. He's a boom or bust pick but I think he can be a good Torrey replacement with his speed. Hopefully he can be like deandre Hopkins with production. Also I think 49ers did okay with their pick, it was good value.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Wilfork was a much higher rated prospect than Brown coming out of college, and that is no knock on Brown.

Hell I remember that draft like it was yesterday. The Niners had, I think, it was the 16th pick in the draft, and Wilfork was still sitting there, and I was begging them to take him.

And then.................................

The commissioner stepped up and said "We have a trade"

And my heart sunk.

At the end of the day, the Niners ended up with the incomparable Rashaun Woods in that truly stellar 2004 draft which yielded an All Pro

Punter Andy Lee.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here.

Wilfork was a much higher rated prospect than Brown coming out of college, and that is no knock on Brown.

Hell I remember that draft like it was yesterday. The Niners had, I think, it was the 16th pick in the draft, and Wilfork was still sitting there, and I was begging them to take him.

And then.................................

The commissioner stepped up and said "We have a trade"

And my heart sunk.

At the end of the day, the Niners ended up with the incomparable Rashaun Woods in that truly stellar 2004 draft which yielded an All Pro

Punter Andy Lee.
Cool story, bro :D

was merely pointing out the obvious physical resemblance :)

this being said, Wilfork being rated so high back in the days had a lot to do with that being a different era in the NFL game - a more run oriented era when big space eater like Big Vince were the center-piece of a team's defense and of sorts a requirement on a winning team.
One of the best sides to M. Brown's game is he can also provide interior rush and collapse the pocket, besides being big enough to 2-gap it in the middle. He is a more modern version of Vince but being a big interior lineman did hurt his initial projection (even if he was a projected as a top 15-20 player) and ultimately 'caused him to drop even further.
Similarly for FSU's Edie Goldman - a player who'd have probably been taken in top 20 10-15 years ago - has now dropped into the 2nd round.

- - - Updated - - -

Sooooo how good is that Flowers guy?
He sucks, G-Men blew it.

@Dru

- - - Updated - - -

I'm happy with our pick. It's gonna be a good year. Let's see what else we get.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000489642/article/andy-reid-solidified-titans-decision-to-keep-mariota

:D

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
anybody here? Hello? Hello? Knock, knock?
Yeah man. I'm here. I just got back from my therapist appointment. Going through these picks right now.

Not sure how T.J Yelton is the 3rd best RB in this draft, but I digress.

- - - Updated - - -

And I see that Dorial Green Beckham, Randy Gregory, and Darby from Florida State are still on the board, which means if all else fails, the Niners have a shot at getting Perryman from the U.

Unless they grab one of those three, which would make me absolutely ecstatic

Good pick by the Bears. They need help on defense badly

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Actually, I thought Yeldon went a bit overlooked in the pre-draft process but yeah, probably a bit of a reach here.

Anyways, good pick by the Bears - a very athletic NT; better run-stuffer than penetrator but think with improved technique, he can improve that push thru the middle. Right now is more of a 2-down player, though.
Good pick, fills a huge need for them and a quality prospect.

- - - Updated - - -

@X - stop wanking over the Bears picks and join the conversation :D

- - - Updated - - -

And DGB is off the board - Mariotto has himself a big target.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
DGB off to Tenn scared the Panthers and they got stupid - tarded up 15 something spots for freakin' Devin Funches, when they need help on that OL , big time.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Did they really take Devin Funches?

Trading up all those spots for that?
I am following shit on twitter and the picks are out earlier there. Not official yet but seems it's Funches

- - - Updated - - -

How is fixed? We both spelt it wrong :howler:

But at least I was closer. I don't know what the fuck you just did right there
kiddin' ... Goodell mispronounced MM's name yesterday when he was presenting the 2nd pick - said Marioto, not Mariota :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 37)