American NFL Football (41 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Yeah, I read about this yesterday. He has a sickle cell trait, he wouldn't be able to play with full on sickle cell anemia. He needs to take some precautions, and really look after himself, but I read that there are, on average, 3 players per team in the NFL with this condition.

Approximately 1/12 african americans have the sickle cell trait, including Santonio Holmes, and Ryan Clark. 7th round seems like a good spot to take this type of risk.

A couple of the links within the link below are interesting.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2012/4/29/2986396/49ers-draft-picks-cam-johnson-sickle-cell-trait

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
yep, the Eagles had a very nice draft, addressing their needs, especially on D ... The Steelers did a great job too.
Cinci and SL had a lot of needs and drafted pretty well too, imo. Cowboys had a decent draft but did better in FA, I think ... can't stop thinking they and others put a bit too much value on Claiborne, though.

As for my Pats, I think they did very well and if that Wilson kid they drafted out of nowhere in the 2nd turns out well, I'd call it a great draft - addressing all the team's needs with versatile, talented players, just like BB likes it :D.
Still scratching my had about getting Tavon Wilson in the 2nd - rumour has it the Chargers were gonna go for Wilson and BB didn't wanna miss out on him - but think the Pats got great value from their 6th and 7th rounders, on the other hand.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
I know we got Cox, McNutts and some other guy names something funny but only because my friend was telling me and he found it hilarious. Don't follow college ball at all so I have no idea how good they are. I know Cox is good.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The guy was an absolute terror... RIP, Junior. I thought this was a nice tribute from coach, pulled from ESPNs NFC West blog...

Jim Harbaugh and Junior Seau were teammates on the San Diego Chargers during the 1999 and 2000 seasons.

Harbaugh, entering his second season as the San Francisco 49ers' head coach, offered thoughts on Seau following the linebacker's passing Wednesday:

“I, along with the entire NFL family, the San Diego community and those who shared a life with Junior, grieve the loss of the ultimate teammate and friend. I am saddened that I was not there for Junior as he had always been for his teammates and friends.

"The qualities I most respected in Junior were the caring and respect he showed to all those with whom he came in contact. One of my fondest remembrances as a professional football player was looking across the locker room after playing my last career game with the Chargers and knowing that I had shared that moment with one of the greatest teammates and competitors the game has ever known. The moment moved me to get off my stool, approach Junior and ask him to trade jerseys. It’s the only time I had done that in my career.

“My thoughts and prayers go out to Junior’s family."

1251alex

Dec 13, 2011
Jerry Rice is ready to take Jenkins out on an intense off-season training program. I think Crabtree has declined Rice's help in the past. that little fuck. Jenkins is gonna do big things for us. :agree:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 35)