American NFL Football (14 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000708096/article/end-around-what-will-it-take-to-stop-patriots

:lol: ... Gotta love Dan Hanzus, even if he's a Jets fan :p

- - - Updated - - -

This Patriots team is better than the one that went undefeated.

You simply don't curb stomp one of the very few competitors in the conference with a 3rd string rookie QB. You just don't. Until now.
Injuries are the only thing that worries me when it comes to how far this Patriots team can go.

Last year's team wasn't any worse than the 2016 version, Marty Bennette and OL coach Dante Scarnecchia aside, but you saw what happened after they were literally pummeled by injuries to key players, especially on offense.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
It will be the same as always. The Pats will dominate until they come up against a D that can get to the QB often. And then a comedy of interceptions, fumbles, and poor offensive play will ensue. And acmilan will go full meltdown mode, bitter tears will be shed, and injury excuses will be screamed to the high heavens...

THat's all.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
It will be the same as always. The Pats will dominate until they come up against a D that can get to the QB often. And then a comedy of interceptions, fumbles, and poor offensive play will ensue. And acmilan will go full meltdown mode, bitter tears will be shed, and injury excuses will be screamed to the high heavens...

THat's all.
:D

Towards the end of last year it was easy to get to Tommy only after his O-line, slot WRs and pass-catching RB all went down with injuries, simultaneously.

As long as they stay relatively healthy, this Pats team will tear thru any D in the league, including the Broncos and Seahawks.

- - - Updated - - -

And as I am writing about Pats injury woes, turns out J. Brissett sprained (or tore a ligament in) his thumb (throwing hand), last night :lol: :sergio:

Good thing they didn't have Smokin' Jake for QB vs Texans, I guess :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Broncos D will destroy the Pats O. Again.

Only question is if Broncos O can score enough points. I'd be guessing a Broncos win 21-17. 14 points off Interception return for TD, strip sack for TD, and then 1 offensive score.

Seahawks D is peanuts compared to Broncos.

My guess is the Patsies lose to Broncos and Steelers.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Broncos D will destroy the Pats O. Again.

Only question is if Broncos O can score enough points. I'd be guessing a Broncos win 21-17. 14 points off Interception return for TD, strip sack for TD, and then 1 offensive score.

Seahawks D is peanuts compared to Broncos.

My guess is the Patsies lose to Broncos and Steelers.
Way to show yourself clueless hon :D
You are basing that statement on last years game where the entire O-line was in shambles, while whatever weapons Brady had left (Gronk, Edleman, Amendola) in the passing game were all playing injured, preventing them from gaining any sort of separation from the defenders.
On top of that, Pats had no running game whatsoever with all of RB Lewis, Blount and FB Develin (crucial to Pats power running game) on IR.

If any one of the 3 problems above had occurred on its own, Pats would have been fine. The real issue for them last year was that all 3 happened, all at once, basically crippling the entire offense and leaving Brady to fend for himself.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Way to show yourself clueless hon :D
You are basing that statement on last years game where the entire O-line was in shambles, while whatever weapons Brady had left (Gronk, Edleman, Amendola) in the passing game were all playing injured, preventing them from gaining any sort of separation from the defenders.
On top of that, Pats had no running game whatsoever with all of RB Lewis, Blount and FB Develin (crucial to Pats power running game) on IR.

If any one of the 3 problems above had occurred on its own, Pats would have been fine. The real issue for them last year was that all 3 happened, all at once, basically crippling the entire offense and leaving Brady to fend for himself.
:lol:

Always full of excuses I see.

Jul 10, 2006
This Patriots team is better than the one that went undefeated.

You simply don't curb stomp one of the very few competitors in the conference with a 3rd string rookie QB. You just don't. Until now.
They're really good, but I'm not ready to crown them yet. The Texans aren't that great of a team. They were 9-7 last season while playing in the worst division in the league and they gave a $72m contract to a QB who had total of 7 NFL starts going into this season. Osweiler's contract will go down as one of the worst deals in NFL history.

I'm expecting a regression from Tom Brady. Age is going to catch up to him. That being said, he'll still be good enough to get the Pats one of the first round byes, I think he's really going to go to shit in 2017.

I'm really looking forward to the Patriots @ Steelers in a few weeks. That game should tell us a lot.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
God, the NFL is so soft with some of these calls in the Giants Redskins game. At least it looks like the skins might take this.

- - - Updated - - -

:lol: @Beckham crying. What a little bitch

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
@acmilan It's looking more and more like your Patsies just haven't played anyone good yet.

Cardinals getting smashed by the Bills :lol:

Dolphins about to lose to the Browns. :rofl:

And the Texans always suck. Osweiler. :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

The Browns. That kicker. 3 misses in one game. :lol:

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
@King of Kings

Carson Wentz, otherwise known as the real motherfucking deal!

- - - Updated - - -

Our receivers drop so many fucking passes

- - - Updated - - -

This team :tuttosport:

@blondu get in on this bro

- - - Updated - - -

This is the real test, you guys :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I like the steelers but get fucked, Steelers!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
@acmilan It's looking more and more like your Patsies just haven't played anyone good yet.

Cardinals getting smashed by the Bills :lol:

Dolphins about to lose to the Browns. :rofl:

And the Texans always suck. Osweiler. :howler:

- - - Updated - - -

The Browns. That kicker. 3 misses in one game. :lol:
:lol:

what are you laughing at - the one half-decent team you bitches played kicked your ass with Bradford at QB and Peterson out injured.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
They're really good, but I'm not ready to crown them yet. The Texans aren't that great of a team. They were 9-7 last season while playing in the worst division in the league and they gave a $72m contract to a QB who had total of 7 NFL starts going into this season. Osweiler's contract will go down as one of the worst deals in NFL history.

I'm expecting a regression from Tom Brady. Age is going to catch up to him. That being said, he'll still be good enough to get the Pats one of the first round byes, I think he's really going to go to shit in 2017.

I'm really looking forward to the Patriots @ Steelers in a few weeks. That game should tell us a lot.
Let me guess - you've been expecting regression from Brady for 5-6 years now? You should join a club or something :p

I'd say today's game vs the Eagles already told us a lot about the Steelers - an overrated bunch, nowhere near Pats level. Broncos are a much better team and if it came down to a play off game, I'd be a lot more worried about the Ravens too.

Only injuries, and a lot of them, can stop the Pats this year ...

- - - Updated - - -

@King of Kings

Carson Wentz, otherwise known as the real motherfucking deal!

- - - Updated - - -

Our receivers drop so many fucking passes

- - - Updated - - -

This team :tuttosport:

@blondu get in on this bro

- - - Updated - - -

This is the real test, you guys :lol:

- - - Updated - - -

I like the steelers but get fucked, Steelers!
Wentz finally looked good vs a legit opponent. Future looks bright for Philly, as long as DP pans out as a proper HC and the management does their job in building that roster.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
yep, back injuries are a bitch to come back from - lots of nerve tissue there. Luckily for the Texans, their division promises to suck once again, despite all the pre-season hype surrounding the Jags and Titans. Colts just have an all-around poor roster, outside of Luck and a couple of WRs

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 9)