American NFL Football (70 Viewers)

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
5.6 ypa last night for less than 200 yards. Let's not get too ahead of ourselves here. He also played against piss poor teams.

And the comparisons with Goff, although bound to happen, are also unfair to Goff. He is two full years younger than Wentz. And I am absolutely not a fan of his either, so I'm not trying to show any particular bias.
He also comes from a shit div in College ball and missed a good part of training camp due to injury. And it's not like he's surrounded by Probowl level talent.
I am not saying he is gonna be an all-pro in his rookie year but that, all the above considered, his intangibles (you remember that word ;) ) are on show - leadership, decision-making, mental toughness, etc. As he gets used to this level of footie and polishes his skills in time, sky is the limit for this guy ... or should I say his limit is how high Philly lets him go.

Wasn't a comparison to Goff, just a statement that Goff got the shorter stick by being drafted to the Rams.
Yes, he is 2 years younger but he did play vs much better comp in college and was considered much better prepped for NFL between the two.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
He also comes from a shit div in College ball and missed a good part of training camp due to injury. And it's not like he's surrounded by Probowl level talent.
I am not saying he is gonna be an all-pro in his rookie year but that, all the above considered, his intangibles (you remember that word ;) ) are on show - leadership, decision-making, mental toughness, etc. As he gets used to this level of footie and polishes his skills in time, sky is the limit for this guy ... or should I say his limit is how high Philly lets him go.

Wasn't a comparison to Goff, just a statement that Goff got the shorter stick by being drafted to the Rams.
Yes, he is 2 years younger but he did play vs much better comp in college and was considered much better prepped for NFL between the two.
I don't know. I just don't see it where he has that something special coming out of college like Mariota and Winston did last year, or Bortles, Carr, and Garoppolo the year before that

- - - Updated - - -

He could turn out to be a very good quarterback, but I don't personally feel that he will be an All-Pro level guy.

Those 5 I mentioned? I think they will all be All-Pro level.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I don't know. I just don't see it where he has that something special coming out of college like Mariota and Winston did last year, or Bortles, Carr, and Garoppolo the year before that

- - - Updated - - -

He could turn out to be a very good quarterback, but I don't personally feel that he will be an All-Pro level guy.

Those 5 I mentioned? I think they will all be All-Pro level.
The intangibles, Serge - that's what I think Wentz has on all of those other guys, except maybe Jimmy G. Not better than any of them in terms of natural talent but he bests them in the things you don't measure, imo.
All those other 4 young Qbs you mentioned, besides JG, are exciting to watch, more often than not, but they don't strike me as champ-level material in terms of heart and mentality (of those 4, I can see Mariota having the best chance to become a true franchise QB, with the proper coach) ... they have the natural talent but lack the ... intangibles :D (coolness in the pocket, instinct for the game, true leadership not just pretend one with words, the body-language and decision making when under pressure, always looking to get better and not being content with short-term success, etc, etc).
It's a Brady-type mentality with Wentz, I think, that's why I think he can become a great QB, not just a good to very good one. Of course a lot depends on how that potential is developed and from that stand-pint, looking back on it, I think Philly did well to hire DP.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Lol wentz shits on all those QBs mentioned above. Winston and Mariota :howler: most overhyped rookies ever. And Garoppolo doesn't even count, dude's going to be a bench warmer for the next five years

- - - Updated - - -

And don't even get me started on Bortles

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Lol wentz shits on all those QBs mentioned above. Winston and Mariota :howler: most overhyped rookies ever. And Garoppolo doesn't even count, dude's going to be a bench warmer for the next five years

- - - Updated - - -

And don't even get me started on Bortles
Ok Dude. After two games against weak competition he shits on those other QB's, and Winston and Mariota are overhyped. I'm going to go out on a very long limb and say that you would not be saying this about Wentz if he weren't an Eagle. Just a hunch.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
Ok Dude. After two games against weak competition he shits on those other QB's, and Winston and Mariota are overhyped. I'm going to go out on a very long limb and say that you would not be saying this about Wentz if he weren't an Eagle. Just a hunch.
Wentz looks much more comfortable out there than Mariota and Winston have ever looked. He doesn't seem like a rookie. Mariota and Winston still do.

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
This is why Wentz will be much better than those punks you mentioned:
http://www.csnphilly.com/the700level/carson-wentzs-girlfriend-caught-him-watching-game-film-under-table-date

@acmilan

ALC

Ohaulick
Oct 28, 2010
sorry, bitch, but that's weak - Brady and Jimmy G would have skipped the date altogether BECAUSE they had game film to watch. :stuckup:

see you in the rear-view mirror, nigga :p
Your offense looks like shit

- - - Updated - - -

So the Patriots' success is 90% Belichick and 5% Brady. I'm convinced that man will win with whoever you put in his team.

- - - Updated - - -

Overinflate gate!

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Your offense looks like shit

- - - Updated - - -

So the Patriots' success is 90% Belichick and 5% Brady. I'm convinced that man will win with whoever you put in his team.

- - - Updated - - -

Overinflate gate!
So true, boo :sad:

Tommy is clearly a system QB, time to trade his overrated, cheating ass

- - - Updated - - -

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
[video=twitter;778669339184508928]https://twitter.com/michaelirvin88/status/778669339184508928[/video]

- - - Updated - - -

[video=twitter;779152593163386880]https://twitter.com/michaelirvin88/status/779152593163386880[/video]

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I doubt Brady would be playing this season if he had JJ's off season.

OB loses his mind against the Pats. Gives them too much respect.
:rab:

No NFL player is tougher than Brady, mate, no one - both mentally and physically.

- - - Updated - - -

Okay. Stick it to a cowboy. But don't talk shit about JJ.
:lol:

that goose egg on the scoreboard has gotten to you, A :p

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
:lol:

that goose egg on the scoreboard has gotten to you, A :p
I'm more upset with the play calling. 3rd and short on the 50 several times and you run it? You have the best hands in the league at wide out. OB needs to lose his Edipous complex to BB.

But yeah, calling out JJ is the lowest of low. Dude is the best defensive player in the league. He tore 5 core muscles last year, played every game and had back surgery in July and he's playing now. Obviously not 100 percent. But if you wanna be a no class fag, that's your choice.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I'm more upset with the play calling. 3rd and short on the 50 several times and you run it? You have the best hands in the league at wide out. OB needs to lose his Edipous complex to BB.

But yeah, calling out JJ is the lowest of low. Dude is the best defensive player in the league. He tore 5 core muscles last year, played every game and had back surgery in July and he's playing now. Obviously not 100 percent. But if you wanna be a no class fag, that's your choice.
Physically, JJ is one tough SOB but an attention whore for the ages and always seems to fall short in such big games.

Playcalling has not been great but the Texans O is limited when you know what D plays to dial up on them - you honestly think "best hands in the league" was even open on those 3rd downs? Doubt it.

Fact is JJ and his teammates got bitch-slapped in prime-time by a 3rd string, rookie QB and a Patriots team without Brady, Gronk and Hightower among other absentees. We are not talking about a close loss here but a goose-egg, a shut-out.
My sympathies to JJ's plight but if he wants to talk the talk, he better learn to walk the walk, when it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, JJ Watt has played vs Patriots 5 times since 2012 and has registered 0.5 sacks in all those games, combined.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
Physically, JJ is one tough SOB but an attention whore for the ages and always seems to fall short in such big games.

Playcalling has not been great but the Texans O is limited when you know what D plays to dial up on them - you honestly think "best hands in the league" was even open on those 3rd downs? Doubt it.

Fact is JJ and his teammates got bitch-slapped in prime-time by a 3rd string, rookie QB and a Patriots team without Brady, Gronk and Hightower among other absentees. We are not talking about a close loss here but a goose-egg, a shut-out.
My sympathies to JJ's plight but if he wants to talk the talk, he better learn to walk the walk, when it matters.

- - - Updated - - -

For the record, JJ Watt has played vs Patriots 5 times since 2012 and has registered 0.5 sacks in all those games, combined.
Best hands in the league doesn't need to be open. Not on 3rd and 2, 3rd and 1. You throw it and DeAndre catches it. His first four catches were all silly, with probable pass interference calls that he never gets because he's Hop.

With better play calling and no turnovers, we do alright against the Pats. We give them too much respect. Play too conservative. Should have looked at what the Dolphins did in the second half.
I think it would have been better for our D to go against Brady than any of the back ups. Good job against JJ, but he's still an amazing player.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
Best hands in the league doesn't need to be open. Not on 3rd and 2, 3rd and 1. You throw it and DeAndre catches it. His first four catches were all silly, with probable pass interference calls that he never gets because he's Hop.

With better play calling and no turnovers, we do alright against the Pats. We give them too much respect. Play too conservative. Should have looked at what the Dolphins did in the second half.
I think it would have been better for our D to go against Brady than any of the back ups. Good job against JJ, but he's still an amazing player.
Dolphins in 2nd half? Come on, A, you should know better than looking at what a desperate team does vs a soft, prevent defense defending a huge lead, managing a situation where they had lost their starting (back-up) QB in the game. That game had "special circumstances" written all over it for the 2nd half.
What Pats D did in the Dolphins game in the 1st half was actually very reminiscent of tonight's game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
This Patriots team is better than the one that went undefeated.

You simply don't curb stomp one of the very few competitors in the conference with a 3rd string rookie QB. You just don't. Until now.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 67)