American NFL Football (29 Viewers)

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007

@King of Kings

http://www.49ers.com/video/videos/4.../a1f982bc-54c5-45ee-85fe-d7acdf3310c0#discuss

I hope that Garnett will love up to his 1st round status. I also don't doubt that he is a high charcter, high motor guy.

My issue is thst I always like to see value for the draft pivks. Especially for this regime, where after an analysis of the last 5 drafts, have the worst track record in the NFL.

I have a real problem with then trading up and giving up picks for a player that was projected at a round lower.

There are so many good players available now early on in the 4th round, and now that chance is blown.

All the great drafting teams ((patriots, cardinals,packers) very rarely trade up like this and give up draft capital to get a player rated at or below the spot they traded from.

I mean, they signed Beadles in the offseason and are supposed to be grooming Brandon Thomas for the other guard position.

What was the point of this? Even if this guy was not thete, Reggie Ragland was there, and would have been immense next to Navorro. There were edge rushers available at 37. But instead, they trade up to get a player for a position they addressed in the offseason, and have a young player in Thomas that was a mid first round talent prior to his ACL injury before the draft.

Again, I don't see the point
I get what you are saying. I think he just won them over and became one of their guys.

Josh Perry is the MLB I'd target, Dak Prescott as a QB option. I'd like us to use a couple of 5ths and try to manufacture another 4th.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I get what you are saying. I think he just won them over and became one of their guys.

Josh Perry is the MLB I'd target, Dak Prescott as a QB option. I'd like us to use a couple of 5ths and try to manufacture another 4th.
I really don't even know at this point. One of their guys. That just doesn't..........................

System fit, my ass. Thomas is a more talented kid than Garnett, and Beadles was the lone free agent signing this year.

Baalke needs to go. The whole 5 year analysis was not something I made up. There is statistical data to back this up.

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
I really don't even know at this point. One of their guys. That just doesn't..........................

System fit, my ass. Thomas is a more talented kid than Garnett, and Beadles was the lone free agent signing this year.

Baalke needs to go. The whole 5 year analysis was not something I made up. There is statistical data to back this up.
Hopefully Thomas or Beadles can jump to right or even Garnett :boh:

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

If you are so unhappy, Serge, you can always become a Pats fan ... I am sure you'd love seeing BB draft 6-7th round talent in the 2nd, year after year :p

Come to the Dark Side, Serge :cronios:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
If you are so unhappy, Serge, you can always become a Pats fan ... I am sure you'd love seeing BB draft 6-7th round talent in the 2nd, year after year :p

Come to the Dark Side, Serge :cronios:
Me? Nevah...........

I can't speak for my son, though. The only two clubs that he is betrothed to are Juve (me), and the Yankees (my wife).

All other affiliations are currently up for negotiations

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
YES! Great pick, kid hated school but is a great talent apparently. Wouldve been much higher without the off field stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we just drafted a CB. I think his talent was too good to pass on.

- - - Updated - - -

whelp there goes Dak, I wouldve been happy to get him with our pick. I dont even know whos left now. Scooby?

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
YES! Great pick, kid hated school but is a great talent apparently. Wouldve been much higher without the off field stuff.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if we just drafted a CB. I think his talent was too good to pass on.

- - - Updated - - -

whelp there goes Dak
meh

- - - Updated - - -

meh

- - - Updated - - -

meh

- - - Updated - - -

Raiders cook, why?
trying to emulate the Patriots but tripping themselves in the process ...

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
each one of these prospects has talent, which is kind of the point of this whole exercise. He has tools, not all of them, though.
A lot of questions regarding character.

A reach here, imo.
If he had his head on straight he would have gone much higher, I dont mind the risk. I like the sound of Blair but dont like the OT we got at all.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
If he had his head on straight he would have gone much higher, I dont mind the risk. I like the sound of Blair but dont like the OT we got at all.
don't agree with the much higher. Without the character issues, he was a 4-5th round projection, mostly thanks to his athleticism. He does have limitations in terms of roles he can play and ability to master NFL defensive schemes (i.e. concerns regarding football IQ).
The character issues thing is on top of all that.

- - - Updated - - -

very good value pick by the Bears (having another great draft, following last years class) with RB Jordan Howard.

a great pick by the Lions too - Joe Dahl, very underrated prospect, imo.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 20)