American NFL Football (20 Viewers)

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
:rofl:

Brady choked away this one bad. :p

Manning > Brady now. A second SB was all that was keeping Brady level with Peyton. Now it's over. Manning dominated this SB with 13-23 passing, 141 yards, 1 fumble, 1 Interception. Beastly. Should win MVP... :D

I don't know anything about football, but I did watch the game and to be fair I saw a QB who was carried by his team. I'd say he was a liability throughout and they won in spite of him.

Maybe I'm completely wrong here though, like I said, I don't know anything about it.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Peyton Manning

Presented to you by Budweiser and Papa John's

Great job of product placement in what should be the defining moment of your career.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't know anything about football, but I did watch the game and to be fair I saw a QB who was carried by his team. I'd say he was a liability throughout and they won in spite of him.

Maybe I'm completely wrong here though, like I said, I don't know anything about it.
Put it this way.

If it were Peyton Manning facing that Denver defense, one of two outcomes would have taken place

#1) He would have been sacked 10 times and thrown 4 interceptions before being benched

or

#2) He would be 0 for 0 in pass attempts, because there would be no way the coaches would allow him to drop back to pass.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Peyton Manning

Presented to you by Budweiser and Papa John's

Great job of product placement in what should be the defining moment of your career.

- - - Updated - - -

Put it this way.

If it were Peyton Manning facing that Denver defense, one of two outcomes would have taken place

#1) He would have been sacked 10 times and thrown 4 interceptions before being benched

or

#2) He would be 0 for 0 in pass attempts, because there would be no way the coaches would allow him to drop back to pass.

Yeah, I would definitely agree with you on this. And to people who say it adds to his legacy, well.. I guess it does, because he did win it. But there's also a difference in winning the WC final like Zidane in 1998 or Ronaldo in 2002 (scoring twice) and winning it like Totti in 2006.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Oh, and a big :lol: to the Super Bowl Committee for having Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars, while not having arguably the biggest band in the world, in their own backyard not being the halftime show.

Seven

In bocca al lupo, Fabio.
Jun 25, 2003
Oh, and a big :lol: to the Super Bowl Committee for having Coldplay, Beyonce, and Bruno Mars, while not having arguably the biggest band in the world, in their own backyard not being the halftime show.
This Journey thing you've got going on is just weird :shifty:

- - - Updated - - -

This Journey thing you've got going on is just weird :shifty:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
So, Marvin Harrison who had a really good career, makes the hall of fame.

Terrell Owens, whom it could be argued is one of the top 3 or 4 WR of all time, does not make it.

And Tony Dungy, the one coach who did less with more than probably any other coach in history, gets in the Hall of Fame???

- - - Updated - - -

I thought it was probably something like that, I was joking :D.
Having a reunited Journey for the Super Bowl would have been awesome though. Considering that "Don't Stop Believing" has nearly reached We Will Rock You/We are the Champions status in the US in sports stadiums

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
Aqib Talib says he did that face mask on purpose. :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Cam Newton is such a poor loser. Dabbing, dancing, taunting opponents all season while winning games, and can't show an ounce of class after losing. Says the Denver D did nothing special. :lol:

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Aqib Talib says he did that face mask on purpose. :inter:

- - - Updated - - -

Cam Newton is such a poor loser. Dabbing, dancing, taunting opponents all season while winning games, and can't show an ounce of class after losing. Says the Denver D did nothing special. :lol:
And I thought that 2 personal fouls in the NFL meant an ejection?

Unless for some reason they felt that Talib purposely trying to break the receiver's neck is not worthy of a personal foul.

And Deion was ripping Newton a new one on the post game show.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
And I thought that 2 personal fouls in the NFL meant an ejection?

Unless for some reason they felt that Talib purposely trying to break the receiver's neck is not worthy of a personal foul.

And Deion was ripping Newton a new one on the post game show.
This is what Goodell said in his presser on Friday. So it's definitely not a rule at the moment.

"I believe the league should pursue a policy where if there are two personal fouls in a game, there's an automatic ejection of a player," Goodell said. "I believe that that's consistent with what we believe are the safety issues, but I also believe it's consistent with what we believe are the standards of sportsmanship that we've emphasized."

I know Odell Beckham had 3 in a game against Carolina earlier this year and was suspended for it later, but no ejection. I don't think there's actually a current rule that gives a max number of personal fouls before ejection occurs. It's still a referees judgment call that is pretty subjective.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 14)