American NFL Football (28 Viewers)

Ocelot

Midnight Marauder
Jul 13, 2013
It is a bit ridiculous but it's the custom here and when it comes to American Football, it's the one sport one can't argue mush about considering ... it's played only here (not counting the CFL).
So ignorant :disagree:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurobowl

- - - Updated - - -

Maybe if Euros were intelligent enough to play a game as complex as American Football...

Instead you guys play kick and run. Kick and run. :p
At least our sports don't leave 90% of their players with brain traumata :p

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
I was forced to play CFL rules throughout high school, and I gotta say... terrible rules!

:p

Seriously, 3 down football is not cool -- particularly at high school level.

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I was forced to play CFL rules throughout high school, and I gotta say... terrible rules!

:p

Seriously, 3 down football is not cool -- particularly at high school level.
Definitely agree. And the bigger ball is lame too.

But I do like the open aspect of a bigger field, especially with how much bigger the athletes have gotten in today's game.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Honestly. I'd like football best with American 4 downs, American ball, and Canadian field. The bigger field is so much better.
They would have to change the fields in every single pee wee, bantam, junior high school, high school and college football field in America. Not to mention they would have to re-structure every NFL and Major College Stadium in America to fit the larger fields.

In other words, there is no way this is going to happen.

Ever.

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Definitely agree. And the bigger ball is lame too.

But I do like the open aspect of a bigger field, especially with how much bigger the athletes have gotten in today's game.
True, that ball is just nowhere near as nice as a proper NFL game ball.

I was a receiver (also played CB, gunner, and kick/punt returner), and that bigger field certainly does help :D

If it were 4 down football with the additional real estate, though, game scores would probably all be like 75-60... which would be fun, but I love a good strategic defensive battle, too. :)

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
True, that ball is just nowhere near as nice as a proper NFL game ball.

I was a receiver (also played CB, gunner, and kick/punt returner), and that bigger field certainly does help :D

If it were 4 down football with the additional real estate, though, game scores would probably all be like 75-60... which would be fun, but I love a good strategic defensive battle, too. :)
Imagine good strategic defensive battles with scores of like 42-35 :rofl:

- - - Updated - - -

They would have to change the fields in every single pee wee, bantam, junior high school, high school and college football field in America. Not to mention they would have to re-structure every NFL and Major College Stadium in America to fit the larger fields.

In other words, there is no way this is going to happen.

Ever.

:agree:

I just like the big fields. It's pretty entertaining to watch games with all that space. And that's with 2nd rate athletes compared to NFL players... Watching the best athletes in football play with that space would be pretty cool.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003

- - - Updated - - -

:agree:

I just like the big fields. It's pretty entertaining to watch games with all that space. And that's with 2nd rate athletes compared to NFL players... Watching the best athletes in football play with that space would be pretty cool.
It is something that would take years though, and an awful lot of money.

For something that won't affect the popularity for the better, considering that the NFL is a company that owns a day of the week for 1/3rd of the year.

Unless it would undoubtedly result in the country's most popular sport to become even more popular, it won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you guys watch the CFL, can anyone tell me what t expect out of the kid that the 49ers signed last week? WR Eric Rogers

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
It is something that would take years though, and an awful lot of money.

For something that won't affect the popularity for the better, considering that the NFL is a company that owns a day of the week for 1/3rd of the year.

Unless it would undoubtedly result in the country's most popular sport to become even more popular, it won't happen.

- - - Updated - - -

Since you guys watch the CFL, can anyone tell me what t expect out of the kid that the 49ers signed last week? WR Eric Rogers
I actually can't stand watching CFL, Sergio. I think I'm just still bitter from playing by those rules, 3 down football just doesn't do it for me.

As for Rogers, I've only checked out a couple of highlight packages. I saw good hands, moves pretty well, but harder to gauge how well he separates, or how precise his routes are with so much more space for him to operate in (and worse defenders, ofc).

Got my fingers crossed.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, imagine hearing an announcer talk about how the D really buckled down, and held their opponents to less than 40 points on the day

:lol:

Post Ironic

Feb 9, 2013
I actually don't really watch the CFL. Like Rollie, I can't stand 3 down football. I watched it growing up as a kid, as the level of play was much better back in the 90s when the league actually had money. But as I said, the only thing I currently enjoy about it is the field size. Not enough incentive to invest time in watching the league.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
They were talking about how this kid got the largest NFL Contract for a CFL player, bigger contract than Cameron Wake, blah, blah blah........so I don't know if this kid is any good.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 27)