American NFL Football (14 Viewers)

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
i will get a lot of heat for this, but it's more than just the money. That shit is always complicated, and i absolutely refuse to adhere to this notion that he should get punished more because it was a woman he hit.
I could care less if he smacks his wife around. I don't agree with it.

I just find the NFL trying to take the "high road" and getting involved hysterical. They're like hey assault guy, 2 games! Pot smoking guy, 16!

Maddy

Oracle of Copenhagen
Jul 10, 2009
i will get a lot of heat for this, but it's more than just the money. That shit is always complicated, and i absolutely refuse to adhere to this notion that he should get punished more because it was a woman he hit.
:agree: He should get a longer suspension 'cause he knocked out a human.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

I just find the NFL trying to take the "high road" and getting involved hysterical. They're like hey assault guy, 2 games! Pot smoking guy, 16!

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I have to say, I'm not really all that excited about football season this year.

Don't know what it is. The 49ers are moving into a new stadium, they are arguably better than they were last year, especially at the WR position with Stevie Johnson and a healthy Crabtree, and a few of their draft picks from last year will be healthy enough to contribute on defense.

I think I'm just burnt out

- - - Updated - - -

And there it is.

It just seems to be very contradictory to everything that they have been trying to do about being a more "open" league and taking more of a harder look at the human interest side of the league, Michael Sam et al.....

And then this?

I mean even Donte Stallworth got to play in the NFL again after vehicular manslaughter, and I don't even think he was suspended.

This punishment system doesn't make any sense to me

GordoDeCentral

Diez
Apr 14, 2005
:agree: He should get a longer suspension 'cause he knocked out a human.
equal rights means equal lefts :p

they went for the win win, there was feedback but with no real consequences, though i do think with drugs they are going for a 0 tolerance approach.

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005
I don't see what all the fuss is about - Mr. Rice gave the future Mrs Rice a knock-out of a wedding. It's what any real man should do anyway ...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
The Josh Gordon situation is crazy. Batshit crazy. I read that the WADA limit is 150 nanograms for cannabis; the NFL's limit is 15. That is so fucking stupid, these fucking moronic ideologues and their outdated standards. You've got all of these beasts tearing each other apart, and one of the safest painkillers known to man should be used appropriately, instead of immediately getting all of these boys hooked on the hard and dangerous stuff. There's is a role for cannabis amongst the cadre of painkillers that should be explored further by the league.

Not to mention, if the technicians had labeled Gordon's A urine sample B, and his B urine sample A, he wouldn't have tested positive at all. The average of both samples from same piss is also under 15ng.

Seriously, suspension for codeine from cough syrup, pending suspension for bogus cannabis test, .09 DUI (while stressing about getting suspended for a year)... and labeled the ultimate problem child. The kid could use a fucking break, that's what I'm thinking. Not too many guys more exciting than Josh Gordon (and I could use him back on my fantasy team, too)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)