American NFL Football (11 Viewers)

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
only the ones who know that even a pacifier can turn into a deadly weapon in Blly B's hands :stuckup:

a punishing RB like Blount is exactly what the Pats needed for their running game ... I was hoping they would go for Steven Jackson but Blount is your prototypical bargain player to likely see his career revitalized by BB.
:lol:

Yeah, with all due respect to your deity, BillBelly, we'll see about that, buddy boy. For me, Ridley is big enough for short yardage scenarios at 220 pounds, and he moves laterally much better than this behemoth. From what I've seen, you're getting a one dimensional bruiser, with some attitude issues... I just don't see him having a very big role. Btw, can any of your RB's catch the ball well out of the backfield?

I see this as a minor, complimentary addition for short yardage, and if a 9er fan was celebrating over it, I have a feeling you'd be crackin' wise. :D

Yes, and the passage is "Let he who hath not the ability to throw a football, not taketh money from an NFL Franchise for one day longer"

Salvo

J
Dec 17, 2007
It's not just that he is a Top 10-15 talent when he is healthy. It's not just that he is now a 49er.

This kid's story is just an inspiration. What does it say about how much nfl scouts and coaches respect him when they all gave him a standing ovation after his pro day workout, nearly 5 months after his horrific injury?

He is easy to root for, and I would be rooting for him even if he weren't a 49er now. I would take a kid with a 5 talent on a scale of 1-10 with a 10 attitude, heart and work ethic, over the opposite any day of the week.

- - - Updated - - -

Your God has failed you Tim. Your God has failed you.
:agree: and :lol:

Does he have a passage from the Bible as his eye black?
Yes, and the passage is "Let he who hath not the ability to throw a football, not taketh money from an NFL Franchise for one day longer"
:D

acmilan

Plusvalenza Akbar
Nov 8, 2005

Yeah, with all due respect to your deity, BillBelly, we'll see about that, buddy boy. For me, Ridley is big enough for short yardage scenarios at 220 pounds, and he moves laterally much better than this behemoth. From what I've seen, you're getting a one dimensional bruiser, with some attitude issues... I just don't see him having a very big role. Btw, can any of your RB's catch the ball well out of the backfield?

I see this as a minor, complimentary addition for short yardage, and if a 9er fan was celebrating over it, I have a feeling you'd be crackin' wise. :D

we'll see about that, buddy fella :D

yeah they can, all of them ... Vereen was even used as an outside the numbers WR in the p-off game vs the Texans after Gronkowski and Woodhead got injured.

Not many 250 RBs would give you Ray rice level lateral movement, so the Pats knew what he was offering was what they needed. My guess is he won't be used in short yardage situations only but in a more expanded role. And don't worry about off-field issues, Billy B will fix it :stuckup: :D

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOFUCKLEHTKJLWERB<MGNERTjgh.knrstdf&#8805;&#730;©¬anr gra&#402;&#730;&#8747;JBCFW ?lskm ,bfadzcvaemr,dfcksaghekagsdc

SO FRUSTRATING, brother. The guy was working so hard, saying all the right things, the chemistry is so clearly there with Kaep... Crab was headed for 1300+, and 10+ TDs, and I'm not joking at all about that. So much development, a team guy, a clutch down player; this guy can definitely become a pro-bowl caliber player, in fact he's already at that level IMO (at least he was with Kaep in the lineup).

Was watching clips/interviews of Jenkins and Patton last night (love the way Patton moves, actually, I think we might have gotten a steal there), and thinking that our quality/depth at WR was finally looking like it should. Hopefully surgery goes well... jebus, how big has that move for Anquan become now?

I feel nauseous. I'm going to go grab a workout now, but we're not done with this. How do we replace this guy? Argh... Matey.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
NONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONONOFUCKLEHTKJLWERB<MGNERTjgh.knrstdf&#8805;&#730;©¬anr graƒ&#730;&#8747;JBCFW ?lskm ,bfadzcvaemr,dfcksaghekagsdc

SO FRUSTRATING, brother. The guy was working so hard, saying all the right things, the chemistry is so clearly there with Kaep... Crab was headed for 1300+, and 10+ TDs, and I'm not joking at all about that. So much development, a team guy, a clutch down player; this guy can definitely become a pro-bowl caliber player, in fact he's already at that level IMO (at least he was with Kaep in the lineup).

Was watching clips/interviews of Jenkins and Patton last night (love the way Patton moves, actually, I think we might have gotten a steal there), and thinking that our quality/depth at WR was finally looking like it should. Hopefully surgery goes well... jebus, how big has that move for Anquan become now?

I feel nauseous. I'm going to go grab a workout now, but we're not done with this. How do we replace this guy? Argh... Matey.
How does he get replaced? You don't.

You hope that AJ Jenkins can come into his own, and that Manningham is healthy. I'm going to scour the free agent WR's that are availaible. This won't be pretty. Be back in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I suddenly feel extremely sick to my stomach now

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
How does he get replaced? You don't.

You hope that AJ Jenkins can come into his own, and that Manningham is healthy. I'm going to scour the free agent WR's that are availaible. This won't be pretty. Be back in a bit.

- - - Updated - - -

I suddenly feel extremely sick to my stomach now
Uff. Tell me about it. Crab getting injured totally ruined my day.

I wonder what kind of term and salary a guy like Brandon Lloyd is looking for? Luckily we can trust our talent evaluators (in terms of whether our young guys will be ready), but I'd still like to add a bit of quality depth at WR. This team is built to win now.

- - - Updated - - -

This seems a bit optimistic...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205550/article/jim-harbaugh-michael-crabtree-shouldnt-miss-season

Sounds like we're going with youth. :D

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000205583/article/randy-moss-not-an-option-49ers-jim-harbaugh-says

Jul 10, 2006
I dont know if you guys have been following rhe aaron hernandez investigation, but he has been charged with obstruction in the murder investigation surrounding him. Such a shame, one of my favorite Gators. But he was always a bit of a thug so im hardly surprised he is suspected of possibly murdering one if his friends. Articles should be on espn.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I dont know if you guys have been following rhe aaron hernandez investigation, but he has been charged with obstruction in the murder investigation surrounding him. Such a shame, one of my favorite Gators. But he was always a bit of a thug so im hardly surprised he is suspected of possibly murdering one if his friends. Articles should be on espn.

I live 40 miles outside of Boston, so I have no choice but to have to listen to this.

He is in a world of trouble. It's bad. And it could get worse.

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
sportsconvict.com, baby :weee:

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005
All of my Baltimore Ravens fans are rejoicing. Mostly due to what Belichik had to say about Ray Lewis all these years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)