American NFL Football (25 Viewers)

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
Colin Kaepernick

I need Serg and Rollie to comment on trading up for a QB that ran the pistol offense
I actually love the pick. Great size, arm, mobility, poise. Him playing in the pistol offense doesn't bother me, as the majority of the quarterbacks in this draft haven't played in a pro style offense. He was moving up the boards and was projected as a late first or early second round pick. This is one of the players I mentioned to Rollie a few days ago as one of the players I wanted. I like him a lot better than aldon smith in the first round and some kid I've never heard of in the third round.

Buy on AliExpress.com

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
I can't believe the Giants took Prince. We do need a back up corner because of fragile Aaron Ross but we really needed an OL. The first round was plentiful of O-lineman and yet we failed to meet the need.

I trust Reese so here's to hoping :pint:
It makes sense though. Costanzo was the highest rated ol on the board at that time, but if you look at value, Prince has a much higher ceiling. Costanzo would have been a slight reach, while prince is a decent steal at that pick, not unlike D'quan bowers to Tampa at #51 and Marvin Austin to you guys at #52

osad3511

Apr 29, 2011
I'm having a little trouble finding a website that sells NFL singles. I'm looking to start a Polynesian collection, in which most of the players are from the NFL. I'm mostly looking for the more common (base) and chrome cards

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Colin Kaepernick

I need Serg and Rollie to comment on trading up for a QB that ran the pistol offense
I actually love the pick. Great size, arm, mobility, poise. Him playing in the pistol offense doesn't bother me, as the majority of the quarterbacks in this draft haven't played in a pro style offense. He was moving up the boards and was projected as a late first or early second round pick. This is one of the players I mentioned to Rollie a few days ago as one of the players I wanted. I like him a lot better than aldon smith in the first round and some kid I've never heard of in the third round.
I'm with Sergio. I really like the pick, especially because it became clear to me afterwards during the interviews, etc., that this is the guy Harbaugh was targeting all along. LaCanfora was saying that they had conversations with a few teams about moving into the back end of the 1st round to get him. Watching his interviews and introductions at HQ, the guy is downright giddy to be a 49er - he's a NorCal boy, so it's great for the family. Seems like a really good kid, total freak of an athlete. His press conference was just one big love-in; Harbaugh just seemed so happy. Hopefully it's a good fit.

10,000 yards passing and 4,000 yards rushing is also a nice little eye popping stat. Doesn't mean much in the long run, but he's the only NCAA player to reach those career numbers, at any level. Gotta give him some respect for that.

I spent about 40 minutes the other night running through interviews, a fair bit of video, etc., on Aldon Smith, and he looks like he's got a great shot to be a special player.

11.5 sacks as an R-Freshman, and he would have had better numbers then he finished with last year, except he fractured his fibula in week 3. He was only out for a month (missed 3 games and change, typically a 4-6 week injury), which is outstanding - the guy can clearly play through pain, which is obviously really important.

Seems pretty clear that they came across him while scouting Gabbert at Mizzou, and just fell in love with him. He's got some freakish proportions, and a frame that he will be able to still add quite a bit of bulk to (already over 6'4", 263). Only 21.

Not that it means anything, but predraft, V. Miller said he thinks that Aldon Smith will be the DROY. It means nothing, but I loved hearing it considering Miller was the top D pick, and there's been a fair bit of negativity about the 9 taking Smith at #7.

I like the fact that our GM and coach had some very clear targets, a solid plan, and they filled key positional needs.

This Kendall Hunter RB from the 4th round looks like an interesting prospect too. We need that depth!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
ßöмßäяðîëя;3012671 said:
Damn, apparently he got real, I like that he spoke out like that and looks like an intelligent football player.

http://www.webpronews.com/rashard-m...ama-bin-laden-death-stirs-controversy-2011-05
Plus it's free speech. People just get their panties in a twist that he's not screaming go USA constantly.

Good luck with that.

There will be an NFL team in Los Angeles (Again, for what seems like the 15th time), before there is an NFL team anywhere else
That's the whole discussion. LA will get their team and then Toronto will be next, apparently.

Some of the teams discussed are the Jags and Saints(!). Can you imagine that, the Toronto Saints? :lol:

I hope it happens, fuck New Orleans.

ßöмßäяðîëя;3012682 said:
I'd love to see and NFL team in Mexico City.

The Mexico City Wetbacks?
I'd rather see one in Ciudad Juarez, with the home games involving the Patriots, Cowboys, Steelers, Eagles, Bears and Vikings. Then after that, the season is cancelled because over 300 players are dead.

Enron

Tickle Me
Oct 11, 2005

swag

L'autista
Administrator
Sep 23, 2003
I don't know, guys. Maybe you get off on this, because I cannot tolerate a college football game anymore than I can tolerate watching my high school football team play. But in the past year it seems we went from an NFL draft that was over and done with in a day to a three-week-long, 24x7 melodrama mini-series covered around the clock like some hostage situation.

Too much filling the void if you asked me. I'd rather they get on with it already...

Rollie

Apr 15, 2008
Obviously LA needs a team, but I think Toronto will eventually be getting an NFL team. The city loves football, the test run games with the Bills every year do really well (from what I've heard).

The market and infrastructure in TO (and Canada) is basically too large/stable for the NFL to ignore much longer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 25)