American College Football (14 Viewers)

OP
ßöмßäяðîëя
Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,061
    So... I'm right about West Virginia, tho. solid program, but there is a reason why they have never won a national title. And likely never will.

Didn't they lose a home game to arch-rival, sub .500 Pittsburgh in the last game of the 2007 season with a BCSNCG berth on the line? :agree:
    Yes, and Michigan lost to Toledo and .......WHO???Edit: Appie State, since I knew you didn't know, which is considered the worst loss, rank wise, in college football history.

Rep your knowledge, WVU has played for 2 NC's....

Likely? Who defines that, fucker?

Why don't you walk your white ass back across the USA mile.

Check this, and this was last year when we were "down," not the years before when we were "pretty good."

Buy on AliExpress.com
    OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,063
    I'm sick of seeing Louisville and USF fighting it out for BCS bowl spots. I'd rather they strip the Big East of its autobid and just make it another at large bid, so we can get one more better team from a real conference in the BCS.
    Who's we, and it would make sense if the Big East didn't have a winning percentage in the BCS bowls, fuck face.

OP
    ßöмßäяðîëя
    Apr 12, 2004
  • Thread Starter #1,065
    lol, says you.

I've been watching CFB nearly every weekend of every season since 1985, and I've been a fanatical, religious follower since the 1989 season. I know a thing or two, with a great emphasis on the SEC. :mark:
    Where are you on the Big 11?

You think they deserve an auto?

We've been better the last...

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I'm sick of seeing Louisville and USF fighting it out for BCS bowl spots. I'd rather they strip the Big East of its autobid and just make it another at large bid, so we can get one more better team from a real conference in the BCS.
    Yeah so Oklahoma can start winning big games.

Keep talking. There's only one conference that has ever come close to being stripped of it's BCS spot and it sure isn't the Big East. It went three years without having a team finish in the top 15. The BCS had to revamp it's rules to even keep this conference in the loop. Can you guess which one it was?

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    lol, says you.

I've been watching CFB nearly every weekend of every season since 1985, and I've been a fanatical, religious follower since the 1989 season. I know a thing or two, with a great emphasis on the SEC. :mark:
    So you're aware that WVU has beaten it's last 8 SEC opponents? And you're aware of the SEC's overall record against the Big East since BC, Miami, and VT left? If you know all this then why are you talking?

Delle Alpi

Chemical Dean
    May 26, 2009
    Come on burke, you WVU doesn't have that type of prestige in college football like THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN. You were an average program, you are average now and you'll be in the future:shifty: :snoop: . On the other hand it's only a couple of years and the wolverines are back to the top as usual

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
    Mar 16, 2004
    ßüякε;2120387 said:
    Check this, and this was last year when we were "down," not the years before when we were "pretty good."
    I don't really think you can use this to justify anything. You have to take into account the opponents and bowl games each team played.

Cincinnati was the only Big East rep in the BCS and they lost to Tech, who was ranked 7 spots lower.

Jul 10, 2006
    So you're aware that WVU has beaten it's last 8 SEC opponents? And you're aware of the SEC's overall record against the Big East since BC, Miami, and VT left? If you know all this then why are you talking?
    I've rooted for WVY in every game against an SEC team since after they played the Gators in the Sugar Bowl in the early 90's. They were taken behind the woodshed that night, though. :)

I never said WVU was a bad program, they are just not a power program.

And the Big East is crap since Miami - VT - BC left.

And why am I talking? Do you know what conference has produced the last three national champions? :) I don't think any other conference in football can claim to be better than the SEC right now.

I dont know the SEC's record vs. the Big East since Miami and them left. I bet a lot of it hinges on victories over the likes of Kentucky and Vanderbilt. :p I do know UK plays UL every year, but I don't know who else has played Big East teams off of the top of my head.

WVU beat Auburn last year, I know, but Auburn was terrible.

KB824

Sep 16, 2003
    Son, I know more about college football than probably anyone on this forum. :)

I love the Mountaineers, but lets not pretend they are a major power like a Michigan, Ohio State or Penn State. :)
    Don't let your mouth write a check that your ass can't cash, dude.

you want to talk football? Fine. But throwing around baseless, boastful proclomations like that will get you nowhere

Enron

Tickle Me
    Oct 11, 2005
    I've rooted for WVY in every game against an SEC team since after they played the Gators in the Sugar Bowl in the early 90's. They were taken behind the woodshed that night, though. :)

I never said WVU was a bad program, they are just not a power program.

And the Big East is crap since Miami - VT - BC left.

And why am I talking? Do you know what conference has produced the last three national champions? :) I don't think any other conference in football can claim to be better than the SEC right now.

I dont know the SEC's record vs. the Big East since Miami and them left. I bet a lot of it hinges on victories over the likes of Kentucky and Vanderbilt. :p I do know UK plays UL every year, but I don't know who else has played Big East teams off of the top of my head.

WVU beat Auburn last year, I know, but Auburn was terrible.
    WVU also beat Georgia in Atlanta (Sugar Bowl) and Oklahoma (Fiesta Bowl ass whooping). Saying that the Big East is crap is just stupid considering the number of national championship contenders the ACC has put out since the split (0). You never answered my original question. The only conference ever to even come close to loosing it's BCS slot, and rules were change to prevent this, was the ACC.

If you can't name the Big East teams the SEC plays, then why are you claiming to such an end all, know all about the SEC? If you can't back up your boasts then don't make them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 11)