Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (18 Viewers)

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
Camoranesi only has Italian grandparents. For all we know, he might not have even known them. And for all we know, Amauri might have some ancestry from Southern Europe as well.
He doesn't know his grandparents? I think you are stretching it a bit far, as if that matters anyway. Amauri certainly has European ancestry, you only have to look at him, it could be 10 generations back.

If what is known as "Italian ancestry" was all folks cared about, then they would have accepted Camo from the start, no?
It's quite important when discussing the Italian national team I would say. Personally I accepted Camoranesi just like I would accept Rossi, Schelotto etc, but Amauri is really stretching it. The same as Ledesma. When I think of Camoranesi I think of the Argentine playing for Italy, he has always come across as that, just his whole style, look and mannerisms. With Rossi I haven't seen him enough to think of him as the 'American'. He's like a mongrel to me, has a bit of all styles about him. He goes and scores against the USA of all teams, runs around like a madman shouting 'vamos', he's confused and I can completely understand why Americans don't like him, but I accept him for his heritage. It would be going against myself as a person not to. Amauri, give him his dues he is tied to the country in terms of football, he will do his best I'm sure, but he himself knows why he is playing for Italy and that is because Brazil haven't called him.

People do accept a player in their national side after a while as long as they do well enough, but fans will quickly use it as a stick to beat you with if you don't play well, you have to doubly prove yourself. I remember when Owen Hargreaves came into the England team, he received dogs abuse after some bad performances, ask an England fan now and he is a key absentee because he was the best player in a shocking team before his latest injury problems.

NitK

Jul 22, 2008
Few people saying Amauri wasn't called up for Brazil, however we know he was. For the friendly against Italy at the Emirates. However it was declined by Giovanni Cobolli Gigli.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
he he indeed!
Hopefully he will show the same ferocity in front of the goal podtd this season and score more than 4-5goald this year. Because it seems that we are going to rely on him this season...
It's that kind of ferocity in front of goal that earns his lucrative pay check.

:cd:

VicCB

Jul 30, 2010
So you hate them both? :lol::lol:
I'm going to have you stalking me now, aren't you? Wasn't this the Amauri thread? In any case, he could be a great target man given his physical qualities, but he just hasn't shone these past 2 seasons. I'm thinking he could improve, though I would love Dzeko instead of him (not at the expense of Diego and Krasic of course).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 18)