Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (34 Viewers)

Nov 1, 2002
The question then becomes: if Amauri is a big hit for the Azzurri, will fans forget about him supposedly using Italy's NT for fame?

Most likely, yes. And that makes the situation hypocritical, just like it was with Camo.
they should respect Amauri IMO, look at the steps and the hard work he made until he reached this dream. he started from weak teams to stronger ones step by step until juventus and now italy

good luck to him :agree:

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
So your just as angry about say another big European team such as Germany using players who are in similar situations?
Yeah, you know I hate the likes of Klose. :p

But since since there aren't any Germany fanboys here, it's pointless to have the discussion.

Hypothetical, and probably unlikely. It's not exactly the same as Camoranesi either, he could join the Italy team whenever he wanted because he has Italian roots, Amauri had to wait to be a citizen. It also so happened at the time that their particular coach didn't pick him and perhaps didn't appreciate his quality as he had not long been in the spotlight, I'm 100% sure he would have been selected (look at Maradona :lol:) over the course of his career for Argentina at some point. Let's not start talking about hypocrisy either :claire:
Camoranesi only has Italian grandparents. For all we know, he might not have even known them. And for all we know, Amauri might have some ancestry from Southern Europe as well.

If what is known as "Italian ancestry" was all folks cared about, then they would have accepted Camo from the start, no?

I guess they don't have hypocritical fanboys and all the rest of it, blah blah, when actually they do. It's Germany FFS.
Sure they do. But from what I've seen, Italy fanboys are worse.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 31)