Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (129 Viewers)

mondo1

May 14, 2006
srsly guys not again this discussion....
he has an italian passport so why shouldn't he be called up... i wouldn't have given him one in first place but this is how things go nowadays....
imagine balotelli won't be called up again...people will say italy is a racist land blabla if they call him up they only have forgein players....

btw whats with g rossi? he lived in america right? so he could'Ve played for the us... why would you want him to play for the us? same story with amauri

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
srsly guys not again this discussion....
he has an italian passport so why shouldn't he be called up... i wouldn't have given him one in first place but this is how things go nowadays....
imagine balotelli won't be called up again...people will say italy is a racist land blabla if they call him up they only have forgein players....

btw whats with g rossi? he lived in america right? so he could'Ve played for the us... why would you want him to play for the us? same story with amauri
He should have played for the US. But then again, perhaps it's better not having traitorous scum on the team.

Amauri didn't receive a call up to Brazil. Rossi played ODP and probably would have played for us... if he wasn't traitorous scum.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
I suppose it depends what is worse, 'traitorous scum' or people treating your national team as a fallback option, something US fans know all about, which is the big problem I have with Amauri playing for Italy.

Anyway, I don't expect him to be first choice, he brings something other strikers in the team don't, but his goals record doesn't equate to a callup either way. Pazzini should start, especially with Cassano in the team.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Well, you can't really blame Amauri for accepting the call up, just like you can't blame Molinaro for being played constantly under Ranieri. So I would direct grief towards Prandelli, not Amauri, if folks are upset with the decision.

Note: this is different from the Rossi case where managers did try to call him up.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
It's different as well because Rossi wasn't spurned by his native country, it was the other way around. Sure, Prandelli calls the players so it comes down to him, I don't see how Amauri deserves a call but then he has made a lot of different callups.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
The question then becomes: if Amauri is a big hit for the Azzurri, will fans forget about him supposedly using Italy's NT for fame?

Most likely, yes. And that makes the situation hypocritical, just like it was with Camo.

JuveJay

Senior Signor
Mar 6, 2007
The question then becomes: if Amauri is a big hit for the Azzurri, will fans forget about him supposedly using Italy's NT for fame?

Most likely, yes. And that makes the situation hypocritical, just like it was with Camo.
Hypothetical, and probably unlikely. It's not exactly the same as Camoranesi either, he could join the Italy team whenever he wanted because he has Italian roots, Amauri had to wait to be a citizen. It also so happened at the time that their particular coach didn't pick him and perhaps didn't appreciate his quality as he had not long been in the spotlight, I'm 100% sure he would have been selected (look at Maradona :lol:) over the course of his career for Argentina at some point. Let's not start talking about hypocrisy either :claire:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 126)