Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (17 Viewers)

Cronios

Juventolog
Jun 7, 2004
Well hopefully this will be the confidence booster Amauri needed!
He is really affected by that and the last 2 goals have helped a lot a driven him forward!
I dont know if Zac had any role in that yet, time will tell... for the moment i m really happy for him and i hope that he keep it up, we need him in our effort to bounce back!

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
All the credit for the second goal should be given to Amauri. He made Ale cross look perfect. Very well done Amauri. Man of the match IMO.

Oh and Andy, what a sore loser you are.
Blow me.

Amauri sent a nice big "fuck you" to all of his detractors today which is fantastic to see. I hope he can continue on with good form, getting the little crybabies' panties in a twist.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
Blow me.

Amauri sent a nice big "fuck you" to all of his detractors today which is fantastic to see. I hope he can continue on with good form, getting the little crybabies' panties in a twist.
You are a sore loser because you yourself criticize Del Piero at any chance possible but then when he plays good and people want to rub it in your face you bash them saying that criticizing him doesn't mean you are not happy when he scores. The case is the same now. People criticized Amauri, many of which were deserved but now that he performs, everyone is happy and hopes he can keep the good job.

Sep 1, 2002
You are a sore loser because you yourself criticize Del Piero at any chance possible but then when he plays good and people want to rub it in your face you bash them saying that criticizing him doesn't mean you are not happy when he scores. The case is the same now. People criticized Amauri, many of which were deserved but now that he performs, everyone is happy and hopes he can keep the good job.
Top man. Well said, lots here like to dish it out but can't take it.

Klin

نحن الروبوتات
May 27, 2009
So if someone criticized a player for his poor performances, knowing that he is more than capable to do a lot better than what he was doing on the pitch, and suddenly he performs as expected, it means that those who were criticizing him were haters and/or wrong? I'm sorry but I fully disagree there.

Tonight he showed why he was bought for that sum from Palermo. Keep it up Amauri. I wish to see you banging headers for fun till the end of the season.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
You don't make any sense. Slow down, don't use run-on sentences, and try it again.

I wasn't bashing Del Piero, just criticizing his form and current physical ability, which was deserved because he didn't look like himself. In the match threads I gave full praise to Del Piero over the past couple matches, noting he looks better.

The difference between my criticism of Del Piero are others' criticism of Amauri is that mine is sensical, while stuff like "Amauri never shows up in away games" is nonsensical. And to have such comments occur right before a performance like today's is typical and quite hilarious.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
And just to put King Ale's absurdity into light, Amauri is nothing compared to Del Piero in terms of my favorites in the game. She says I can't take criticism, yet she was one of the moaners whenever someone else pointed out that Alex didn't look like himself.

So King Ale is confusing me for herself in that, being the one who can't take criticism of her favorite player.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
You don't make any sense. Slow down, don't use run-on sentences, and try it again.

I wasn't bashing Del Piero, just criticizing his form and current physical ability, which was deserved because he didn't look like himself. In the match threads I gave full praise to Del Piero over the past couple matches, noting he looks better.

The difference between my criticism of Del Piero are others' criticism of Amauri is that mine is sensical, while stuff like "Amauri never shows up in away games" is nonsensical. And to have such comments occur right before a performance like today's is typical and quite hilarious.
I never said you "bashed" Del Piero. And I also never said what you said about Del Piero wasn't deserved. I just hope you can understand that criticizing Amauri doesn't mean that his doubters will be sad when he performs well. This is the team we support and we'd naturally love all our players to do good. Every player deserves criticism from time to time and yes, Amauri deserved it too. As a striker who is supposed to score goals, he scored no goals in God knows how many weeks so how can you just ignore this? A striker deserves to be criticized when he is incapable of doing his main duty.

But well done and go ahead. You know what is sensible and what is not. Everything you say makes sense and everything you doesn't like to hear is just nonsensical.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
And just to put King Ale's absurdity into light, Amauri is nothing compared to Del Piero in terms of my favorites in the game. She says I can't take criticism, yet she was one of the moaners whenever someone else pointed out that Alex didn't look like himself.

So King Ale is confusing me for herself in that, being the one who can't take criticism of her favorite player.
How you can't understand the simplest stuff is beyond me Andy. I will debate with anyone who believes Alex should be dropped out of the team. I believed that he needed more playing time to regain his form and it was not like that we had fitter options than him on the bench. Nothing is wrong with that and nothing is wrong with you defending Amauri against those who bash him. But to say Bwhahahah and rubbing his good performances into the faces of those who criticized him is childish because those people were as happy as you when Amauri scored tonight.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
There's a difference between fair criticism and absurdity, Hoori. Much of what has been posted regarding Amauri has been the latter, not the former. We even have an example of such a post today. And even when Amauri had decent games, this thread was flooded with folks insulting the player just because they could. That's not fair criticism.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
How you can't understand the simplest stuff is beyond me Andy. I will debate with anyone who believes Alex should be dropped out of the team. I believed that he needed more playing time to regain his form and it was not like that we had fitter options than him on the bench. Nothing is wrong with that and nothing is wrong with you defending Amauri against those who bash him. But to say Bwhahahah and rubbing his good performances into the faces of those who criticized him is childish because those people were as happy as you when Amauri scored tonight.
But nonsense like that deserves to be rubbed in. Blame Esteban for the comments, not me enjoying the hilarity of it all. And you, Hoori, have to admit it IS hilarious.

king Ale

Oct 28, 2004
There's a difference between fair criticism and absurdity, Hoori. Much of what has been posted regarding Amauri has been the latter, not the former. We even have an example of such a post today. And even when Amauri had decent games, this thread was flooded with folks insulting the player just because they could. That's not fair criticism.
I agree with you that Amauri got a lot of unfair criticism. I exactly remember that after one of our games in which I thought Amauri had a very good game I came here and I saw that everyone was looking for his head. But the criticism was deserved at many other times. Many might doubt his abilities because he only had one good (half)season with us so it's normal that people can't be tolerant towards him as much as they are when Del Piero or Trezeguet are out of form. The only thing no one has doubts over is that we all love to see him back to the form he had in his first season with us.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 17)