Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (20 Viewers)

Red

-------
Nov 26, 2006
People seem to misunderstand my position on Amauri.

I'm not saying his form this season has been good, or even adequate. All I'm saying is that people are being too harsh on him.

Strikers always suffer the most when then team plays poorly, because of their reliance on the rest of the team to provide service.

Amauri isn't, and never will be, half the striker Trezenguet is/was.

Buy on AliExpress.com

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005

I'm not saying his form this season has been good, or even adequate. All I'm saying is that people are being too harsh on him.

Strikers always suffer the most when then team plays poorly, because of their reliance on the rest of the team to provide service.

Amauri isn't, and never will be, half the striker Trezenguet is/was.
No doubt. I know you're not comparing the great Trezegol to this Amauri.

As I said, the midfield are partially blamed, but for a striker earning the cash Amauri is getting right now, I expect a guy who can score at least one goal in every 3-4 matches regardless of how his teammates are performing. To be honest, there is no way anyone can convince me that Amauri couldn't get a proper pass or opportunity to score in 4 months, I mean for god sake he didn't even made a notable assist recently!

The point is, Amauri should be benched and accept a lower salary, otherwise, he can find himself a suitable club.

Adrian

Jan 31, 2003
Amauri is not world class, simple as that. We have had a world class striker at the club since the mid 90s. Vialli, Ravenelli, Vieri and Boksic...Inzaghi..then Trezeguet...all strikers who score at all levels and on a consistent basis. Amauri is not this player...and with trez being at his age and after his injuries, he doesnt count anymore. IQ is a good squad player, but he aint Eto'o quality.

Amauri should be used as bait in the summer to get a better and younger striker who will give us 3 or 4 years.

Alen

Ѕenior Аdmin
Apr 2, 2007
I'm having ambiguous feelings about all this.

On one hand, I share the frustrations with most of you whenever I watch Amauri lately. Terrible, frustrating, pathetic.

On the other hand, very few of you seem to look at this objectively. What someone pointed here regarding the crosses is true. What Zaccheroni pointed is also true. Amauri isn't happy about playing with has back to the goal and chesting long balls all the time. You can bet on it that he doesn't want to do it. He's simply forced to play like that in this team without width and movement.
It can't be a coincidence that he played like a beast last year in a 4-4-2 with so many options on the wings with Camo/Marchionni and Nedved/Giovinco. He was chasing and chesting long balls too last year, but after doing that the ball was moved to the wings, which opened space for Amauri to turn around and run with his face towards the goal, waiting for the cross.
This year he scored 4 goals and all came at the same time. The common thing for these matches where he scored is that Camoranesi played and we had width and crosses. When Amauri scored his only brace this year we played 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco, Diego and Camo in the team. He didn't need to play with his back to the goal and he was the good old.

Third, there is a huge difference between the crosses that come from open play and those who come from corners or free kicks. Just think, how many goals did Trezeguet score after a corner kick or a free kick? In his entire career I bet he didn't score more than 2-3. But how many goals did he score from open play after Zambrotta, Ale, Nedved or Camo crossed the ball inside the box?
In open play the striker has one, at most two defenders to beat, run away from them and get first to the ball. During set-pieces all the opposition is in the box and they mostly concentrate on the tall strikers, which is, fortunately for us, exploited by our defenders.

4th, look who assisted all the goals Amauri scored in his Juve career:

2008/09
1. Udinese -- Mess in the box, Amauri is there to score
2. Cagliari -- Marchionni, cross from the right wing,
3. Catania -- Giovinco, cross from the left wing
4. Napoli -- Poulsen, cross from the right wing, next to the corner flag
5. Torino -- Nedved pass, solo action by Amauri and goal
6. Genoa -- Grygera, cross from the right wing
7. Reggina -- Camoranesi, cross from the right wing
8. Lecce -- De Ceglie, cross from the right edge of the box
9. Milan -- De Ceglie, cross from the left wing
10. Milan -- Sissoko, one-two with Amauri in Milan's box
11. Atalanta -- Marchionni, free kick from the right wing
12. Sampdoria -- Giovinco, cross from the left wing
13. Real Madrid -- Nedved, cross from the left wing

2009/2010
1. Fiorentina -- Iaquinta, accidently passing to Amauri in the box
2. Siena -- Diego, from free kick
3. Sampdoria -- Diego after a corner kick
4. Sampdoria -- Camoranesi, cross from the right.

Of all the 17 goals he scored, 10 were after crosses from the wings, 3 were after crosses from set pieces, 4 didn't come after a cross.
Of the 17 goals 10 were assisted by the wingers. The wingers we don't have in these formations we play this year.

Oh, and none of his goals were assisted by Del Piero, nor did he assist Del Piero (except for the great goal Ale scored against Real last year). Obviously, this is another problem. Not only that we don't have wingers and width, but also Amauri-Del Piero doesn't work.

am0110

Jun 5, 2005
I'm having ambiguous feelings about all this.

On one hand, I share the frustrations with most of you whenever I watch Amauri lately. Terrible, frustrating, pathetic.

On the other hand, very few of you seem to look at this objectively. What someone pointed here regarding the crosses is true. What Zaccheroni pointed is also true. Amauri isn't happy about playing with has back to the goal and chesting long balls all the time. You can bet on it that he doesn't want to do it. He's simply forced to play like that in this team without width and movement.
It can't be a coincidence that he played like a beast last year in a 4-4-2 with so many options on the wings with Camo/Marchionni and Nedved/Giovinco. He was chasing and chesting long balls too last year, but after doing that the ball was moved to the wings, which opened space for Amauri to turn around and run with his face towards the goal, waiting for the cross.
This year he scored 4 goals and all came at the same time. The common thing for these matches where he scored is that Camoranesi played and we had width and crosses. When Amauri scored his only brace this year we played 4-2-3-1 with Giovinco, Diego and Camo in the team. He didn't need to play with his back to the goal and he was the good old.

Third, there is a huge difference between the crosses that come from open play and those who come from corners or free kicks. Just think, how many goals did Trezeguet score after a corner kick or a free kick? In his entire career I bet he didn't score more than 2-3. But how many goals did he score from open play after Zambrotta, Ale, Nedved or Camo crossed the ball inside the box?
In open play the striker has one, at most two defenders to beat, run away from them and get first to the ball. During set-pieces all the opposition is in the box and they mostly concentrate on the tall strikers, which is, fortunately for us, exploited by our defenders.

4th, look who assisted all the goals Amauri scored in his Juve career:

2008/09
1. Udinese -- Mess in the box, Amauri is there to score
2. Cagliari -- Marchionni, cross from the right wing,
3. Catania -- Giovinco, cross from the left wing
4. Napoli -- Poulsen, cross from the right wing, next to the corner flag
5. Torino -- Nedved pass, solo action by Amauri and goal
6. Genoa -- Grygera, cross from the right wing
7. Reggina -- Camoranesi, cross from the right wing
8. Lecce -- De Ceglie, cross from the right edge of the box
9. Milan -- De Ceglie, cross from the left wing
10. Milan -- Sissoko, one-two with Amauri in Milan's box
11. Atalanta -- Marchionni, free kick from the right wing
12. Sampdoria -- Giovinco, cross from the left wing
13. Real Madrid -- Nedved, cross from the left wing

2009/2010
1. Fiorentina -- Iaquinta, accidently passing to Amauri in the box
2. Siena -- Diego, from free kick
3. Sampdoria -- Diego after a corner kick
4. Sampdoria -- Camoranesi, cross from the right.

Of all the 17 goals he scored, 10 were after crosses from the wings, 3 were after crosses from set pieces, 4 didn't come after a cross.
Of the 17 goals 10 were assisted by the wingers. The wingers we don't have in these formations we play this year.

Oh, and none of his goals were assisted by Del Piero, nor did he assist Del Piero (except for the great goal Ale scored against Real last year). Obviously, this is another problem. Not only that we don't have wingers and width, but also Amauri-Del Piero doesn't work.
spot on

redtag

Jul 6, 2008
yesterday he was out off position very late to come infront opponent goal when diego provide great horizontal cross..its in second half somewhere...amori is deteriorating.

Hust

Hustini
May 29, 2005
Loved the first goal.

I think maybe you are misunderstanding what I am trying to say as well, Red. Sure he doesn't have as many chances as he had last year but the fact of the matter is he does get them and doesn't convert. Look at the shot he hit in the box that he handballed and it still wasn't on target yet DP outside the box rips a shot in the net afte the whistle.

There is a clear difference in terms of finishing between Amauri and the other 3. Amauri is good for hearders and as Alen had posted he scored a lot from crosses LAST YEAR. This year and God I wish there was a video of how many headers he squandered this year alone by heading wide, over, or at the goalie when last year he was putting them away.
All he need is a goal. hopefully he show his true colors against Genoa.
One goal isn't going to regain his confidence. He needs more than that.

~Alen, it is hard to compare those stats without showing how many missed shots/headers he has had this year. It's easy to show what he has done, its a little more difficult to show what he hasn't. Trez/IQ can squander many or they only need one, bottom line for them they will score regardless.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 19)