Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (17 Viewers)

only-juve

Jan 5, 2008
Pazzini :rofl: :lol: Why would anyone want him? Better than Amauri, and for 20 million? :sergio:
Pazzini is pretty decent striker. Not saying that i want him in amauri's place but the guy deserves a credit. Ever since he's fiorentina's days i rated that guy. He's got a great eye for goals plus a decent skills for a striker.

Personaly i think that He's better than Gilardino. Even though Gilardino has been doing great in fiorentina but i still can't understand why did they need to spend 15 mil for Gilardino when they allready had someone who's younger and pretty promising like Pazzini....

Ken

The Dutch Touch
Aug 17, 2007
So I think we all agree.. Pazzini isn't bad, but didn't we all agree we have enough average / decent players? We need someone better.

May 29, 2003
They bought Gila because the year before Pazzini started for them and did nothing in europe or the league goal-wise after Toni was sold.

See how many Gila's netted for them since he arrived? You'll find the answer to your question in his goals/game ratio in a Viola shirt.

Italia Todd

Dec 15, 2009
If so, one might as well call Baggio a loser, since he fucked it up for Italy in 1994.
Sorry to nit pick this out of the conversation, but that's utter BS. Baggio didn't fvck anything up for us. He singlehandedly raised a slightly above average team to the finals on the back of his brilliance, and then playing hurt in the finals did all he could to win it. His miss is the last shot always shown, but remember there were 2 misses before him from our players. He was in NO way the reason we lost.

Bjerknes

"Top Economist"
Mar 16, 2004
Sorry to nit pick this out of the conversation, but that's utter BS. Baggio didn't fvck anything up for us. He singlehandedly raised a slightly above average team to the finals on the back of his brilliance, and then playing hurt in the finals did all he could to win it. His miss is the last shot always shown, but remember there were 2 misses before him from our players. He was in NO way the reason we lost.
I know it's utter BS, that was the point of presenting it. You can't really judge a player on what they have won or lost as great teams are not made up of just one guy. Holding it against Amauri that he isn't a "champion" is not fair.

Baggio is one of my favorites.

May 29, 2003
Reassuring to hear Brush! Unlikely any sane human would suggest calling Baggio that, seeing as Roby was world player of the year and ballon d'or winner the year before in 93 lol, and carried Italy on his back that world cup and indeed the one before it. Besides the point anyway.

What I mean by champion is the way Italians use it, "campione": it means the player is positively world class, and one that can change a game and make the difference. In a way it's rhetorical question because nobody can seriously be considering Amauri a world class footballer.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. Ah, that's right: the point is he's not very good and we could do with an upgrade in his position :tup: ...

K.O.

Nov 24, 2005
Pazzani ? No thanks, he needs Cassano around. Plus, I think he is a big whinner
Yes. As I said, we need a world class striker not Pazzini. About whining! I dunno if there's a bigger whiner than Amauri in this world.

So I think we all agree.. Pazzini isn't bad, but didn't we all agree we have enough average / decent players? We need someone better.
:agree: exactly.

Goals and performances since January 2009 proves it. And please don't say because of Cassano! In our team, we have more creative players than Sampdoria and yet Amauri failed to deliver his chances.

Amauri. :rofl:

Exactly this.

Man I'd love "the new!" Batigol in our shirt.
When we get someone like the legendary Batigol :touched:, we will start to look competitive again.

Dec 31, 2008
I don see any diff between Amauri and Pazzini. they are all short term wonders of Serie A and serie has had a lot of these kind. Borriello, Toni, Floccari are all the same. The only WC striker from Serie A in the last two seasons has been Milito and obviously Camelface. Even Gilardino has been good

Trezegol17

Nov 1, 2006
i want the ''beast'' back then there is no need to sell him, if we are checking for possible relacements and we have the cash then how about Hulk from porto?
Anyways i like Amauri alot and i still rate him,despite what i say about his hair and stuff, i wuld love to see hi back in form and score us goals!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 13)