Amauri "The Immovable Object" Carvalho de Oliveira (4 Viewers)

Jul 10, 2006
We have such a log-jam in the strike force. I want to see DP-Amauri get most starts, but Iaquinta has been our best goal scorer up front since last season, and of course you can't keep Trez off of the field since we didn't sell him.

Jul 10, 2006
Amauri targets Ireland debut
Tuesday 25 August, 2009
Amauri will have his passport in the next few weeks and hopes to make his Italy debut against the Republic of Ireland.

“It’s harder to get a passport than score a goal!” joked the Brazilian who has been caught up in red tape.

He applied for Italian citizenship through his wife, who is also Brazilian, but has lived in the peninsula for many years.

The Juventus striker had hoped to be available for the Azzurri in the Confederations Cup, but the process was delayed.

“I have great news, even if I’m not sure I’m allowed to tell you,” he grinned to the Gazzetta dello Sport.

“I don’t have the passport in my hand just yet, but the final documentation is on its way. It should now be a matter of weeks, although I cannot give a precise date.”

It is hoped Amauri will be an Italian citizen before the World Cup qualifier against Bulgaria on September 9, especially as it is set to be played in Turin.

However, it’s more likely the latest 'Oriundo’ will receive his maiden call from Marcello Lippi for the crunch match with the Republic of Ireland on October 10.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)